Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Steve, how are you coping?

You are a tower of strength and mass of support.

I hope you are OK. It is easy for us to forget about you, but we all know you are working tirelessly behind the scenes co-ordinating support for Jane's animals, home, and updating her health to those concerned.

You are absolutely amazing, and are the integral reason why we should all be joining MDBA PACERS.

The work you/they do to assist those that we empathise with most (as we are but of one kin mind) is truley amazing.

Please ensure you call on us Steve when you need help.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great point Dyzney, we are gratefully watching Steve & the team and waiting for Steve to update, but she must be on a knife edge too.

Spread the load Julie, let us know what you need when its needed.

fifi

Just saw Jed's story on Sky News.

The whole flavour was about a woman who dearly loved her dogs and risked her life to try and save them. There was nothing but admiration for her commitment to her dogs expressed. Her dogs were described as 'show dogs'.

They said when the firey's arrived they heard someone calling out to them. They found Jed lying on the ground out the back of the house.

Breaks my heart to think she was conscious and will probably remember every minute of the horror :)

I am so grateful that not all of her dogs were lost. At least Jed will have some of her dogs to go home to.

She is amazing!

My thoughts and prayers are with her, her family, friends and beloved animals.

Steve, how are you coping?

You are a tower of strength and mass of support.

I hope you are OK. It is easy for us to forget about you, but we all know you are working tirelessly behind the scenes co-ordinating support for Jane's animals, home, and updating her health to those concerned.

You are absolutely amazing, and are the integral reason why we should all be joining MDBA PACERS.

The work you/they do to assist those that we empathise with most (as we are but of one kin mind) is truley amazing.

Please ensure you call on us Steve when you need help.

:):rofl::rofl:

well said dyzney...

Thankfully DOL has many amazing people. I believe Steve is juggling several crisis cases for PACERS at the moment. This one must seem incredibly close to her heart though.

Sending much love to Jed and her family, her surviving furfamily and the many people able to help at this time. Rest peacefully those that have crossed the bridge. All paws crossed that Magnus can find his way home and be safe.

Oh God. Jed we are all thinking about you and your family including the animals, both alive and passed. :) I can't believe this has happened to you.

I just don't know what to say. :rofl: My pay should go through on Friday and I will be donating what I can. I would love to help out in any other way I can too.

Joining MDBA Pacers is another way we can contribute is it not? The top membership is $50, im sure that money will also go towards the ppl that need it most like Jed.

Very good idea

I managed to make it through the whole day at work holding back the tears that kept welling up as I read, but as soon as I walked in the door at home and saw my gorgeous animals the tears came. I just can't imagine Jed's devastation having lost so many of hers :)

What an amazing person she is to have touched so many people, even those of us who haven't been around for long.

She WILL be ok, has to be. And Magnus, please be there to greet her when she gets home.

I'm another who is shocked and doesn't know what to say. I have been checking this thread each time I log on today for any more news.

As a future breeder I have often read Jed's very sensible comments and advice and stored them away for future use or spent time considering them as they have given a different perspective I had not considered.

Get well Jed, your surviving animals need you.