Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

burn a candle, for house fire victims :thumbsup:

Lighting a candle is a symbol of hope.

The threads about Jed are full of hope that she recovers well & that her dogs & other pets are safe.

It was a fitting suggestion someone made, to light a candle...& raise a glass...for her.

Thank you Mita I was just about to reply when I saw your post, you said it so much better than I could have :shrug: I'm afraid I struggle to find the right words sometimes in these situations :laugh:

to each their own, I just find the thought of burning something for burns victims, not my cup of tea, sorry don't really have the words either to express myself properly

Candles have long symbolized the light of hope, love and healing as well as to honour those that have left us (animals or human). It also provides a focus of solace and comfort for those who choose to participate. As you say, each to our own and we all must respect that. I'm sure there are many different ways people are sending their love and support to Jed at this time.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope Magnus is found. :thumbsup:

I noticed someone asked about sending Jane (? is that her name?) cards, flowers etc. Can anyone suggest where we could send them please?

I was wondering about that also. Can Steve or Toohey give out the address of Caitlin (if she gives permission)? Or maybe we could send them c/- of the Dog grooming lady mentioned earlier.

O.K. Probably the best address is 349 Transmitter Rd Wooroolin 4608 .This is Pacers Queensland address and it will be the quickest and easiest to pass them onto Jane when we can.

Lesley and Marg are right in there and it will be easier to get them to her when she is awake.

I noticed someone asked about sending Jane (? is that her name?) cards, flowers etc. Can anyone suggest where we could send them please?

I was wondering about that also. Can Steve or Toohey give out the address of Caitlin (if she gives permission)? Or maybe we could send them c/- of the Dog grooming lady mentioned earlier.

O.K. Probably the best address is 349 Transmitter Rd Wooroolin 4608 .This is Pacers Queensland address and it will be the quickest and easiest to pass them onto Jane when we can.

Lesley and Marg are right in there and it will be easier to get them to her when she is awake.

Thanks, Steve.

Regretfully, I have to sign off for the night; it has been an awful day for so many people. Hopefully tomorrow will see an improvement in Jed's condition and Magnus will have been found.

The candle thread was very beautiful.

I spoke with Jed last week to tell her she had been nominated for an award for her Lutheranian Mountain dog piece in Best dog Publication Category. She was stoked but has no idea of how much she has contributed - this thread will make her see that a little more I think.

I spoke with Jed last week to tell her she had been nominated for an award for her Lutheranian Mountain dog piece in Best dog Publication Category. She was stoked but has no idea of how much she has contributed - this thread will make her see that a little more I think.

She is one special lady

I know when I needed advise she was always willing to patiently share her wealth of knowledge

One is a million

Get well soon Jed

RIP sweet dogs

is it possible to give the cards to Caitlin so she can get some comfort knowing how many people cared about her mum?

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

There is nothing that I can say that hasnt already been said.

Fight on Jed your durbabies will be waiting for you.

Can I ask who or what is TBCSITW?

and who is Magnus?

O.K. still no sign of TBCSITW.

So it was definitely him that shot through, or are we still not sure if he made it? TBCSITW is an icon :thumbsup:

We're pretty sure it was him as no other dog fits the description.But there is no sign of him so we have no idea of what happened to him after he ran off.

is it possible to give the cards to Caitlin so she can get some comfort knowing how many people cared about her mum?

Caitlin knows whats going on and we have constant contact with her.

There is nothing that I can say that hasnt already been said.

Fight on Jed your durbabies will be waiting for you.

Can I ask who or what is TBCSITW?

and who is Magnus?

Magnus aka TBCSITW (The Best Cocker Spaniel In The World) is Jed's beloved cocker who ran off when the remaining dogs were being transported away from the property. :thumbsup: