Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Just a thought that's probably already been done, but perhaps lots of bowls of water should be left around for Magnus?

The idea of using a tracker dog is brilliant, as is bringing in one of his own pack to bark for him.

Crying at work again, those poor dogs under the bed. Heartbreaking.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two adult boxers who were found under Jed's bed
Three boxer babies also went to God - only three left.

:cry::cry::cry::(:rofl:

To all helping and assisting hugs to you all.

Keep fighting Jed!

The boxers died from the smoke no sign of burns on them and the only way we can explain why all of them didn't die is that it seems Jed went back in and got 3 babies out but couldn't get back in to save the others.

I did something similar to the suggestions here about using one of the other dogs to help bring Magnus home. In my case one of our dogs went missing on a mountain in Canberra so we got the other dally to track him and with the addition of her barking etc we found him.

I am hoping he turns up soon.

So sad re the two boxers.

The boxers died from the smoke no sign of burns on them and the only way we can explain why all of them didn't die is that it seems Jed went back in and got 3 babies out but couldn't get back in to save the others.

She is such a hero.

O...M...G... it's just so horrific that I don't even want to THINK about it. I can't imagine, and just don't want to - it's simply just too painful. There are no words.

Thankfully the dogs did not go through being burnt - I think that would have been alot more frightening for them to be confronted by flames. I pray they just slipped to sleep.

It is the smoke rather than the fire that normally kills most people/animals caught in a fire as it is toxic :(

We online are the lucky one's, we can step away from this thread and cuddle our dogs when its too much.

But the team on the ground up there and steve are the one's who have all my admiration.

Thank dog you are there.

There will be enough horror & grief for Jed to confront when she leaves hospital - but now thanks to the team, she will have a resting place where her dogs are, to grieve over.

fifi

Too true, fifi.

Regarding the tracking dog: I wonder if Centitout has rehomed any of her dogs in that area? I will send her a PM.

I am not sure exactly where to put this so will start here

I , like most of us in other states have felt helpless in helping from far away

I emailed Deals Direct

Dear Sir / Madam

I am sure you have heard the news about a Breeder called Jan who was in the horrific house fire in Queensland where some of her beloved dogs died , her dogs have always been part of her family

Jan herself was injured in trying to rescue her dogs , Jan is now in ICU in critical condition

Jan is well respected as a Registered Breeder for 30 + years , well loved within the Dog World

she has been a member of a Dogz Online Forum for many years

the knowledge Jan has given us over the years has helped many owners of our beloved pets ,be a pet owner or another Breeder , or even to help with dogs needing rescue

as you can see from the comments left on the thread , Jan is a very valued Member in the dog world

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=195764

Jan has suffered terribly with the loss of some of her dogs , her house and now herself in hospital critical

as the DOL community we would like to be able to raise funds by Auctions for Jan and her beloved remaining dogs

I am wondering if it is at all possilbe to ask your company to donate some Pet stock ( or what ever you feel ) that could be used for Auctions to help raise funds for Jan

Any products dontated will be acknowledged as to who has donated them

Thank you for your time reading this

Debbie

and there reply back

Hello Debra

Thanks for your email and we are very sorry to hear of this terrible tragedy that has occurred.

We would love to assist you by donating some pet items such as beds, kennels etc

Can I please have the best address to ship these to please?

We look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Nichole

OK I need a Name and Addess to have them ship Goods to Please

and Deals Direct :( Thank you

Jed,

like other who have never met you I have often been touched by the generosity you have shown with your knowledge. With the guidance of people like you people like me are better dog owners, exhibitors and perhaps one day even breeders.

May you rest a little easier knowing you have the support and well wishes of a true community of people accross this country and abroad, of people, many who you have never met, but very clearly touched.

May you and your surviving dogs get stronger each day, may your family take comfort in knowing you are so loved and still fighting. What amazing courage you showed for your dogs and now in your fight to get back to them.

To all involved in helping during this dark tragedy - you are shining lights of compasion, kindness and strength.

I emailed Deals Direct

Dear Sir / Madam

I am sure you have heard the news about a Breeder called Jan who was in the horrific house fire in Queensland where some of her beloved dogs died , her dogs have always been part of her family

Jan herself was injured in trying to rescue her dogs , Jan is now in ICU in critical condition

Jan is well respected as a Registered Breeder for 30 + years , well loved within the Dog World

the knowledge Jan has given us over the years has helped many owners of our beloved pets ,be a pet owner or another Breeder , or even to help with dogs needing rescue

as you can see from the comments left on the thread , Jan is a very valued Member in the dog world

Jan has suffered terribly with the loss of some of her dogs , her house and now herself in hospital critical

as the DOL community we would like to be able to raise funds by Auctions for Jan and her beloved remaining dogs

I am wondering if it is at all possilbe to ask your company to donate some Pet stock ( or what ever you feel ) that could be used for Auctions to help raise funds for Jan

Debbie

and there reply back

Hello Debra

Thanks for your email and we are very sorry to hear of this terrible tragedy that has occurred.

We would love to assist you by donating some pet items such as beds, kennels etc

Regards,

Nichole

Well done, great idea :rofl: I would suggest that you ask them to hold onto them until after the auction and Sway could then advise them of the winner's address to ship them to. That way it would save double handling and incurring any freight costs to onship to the winner. Liaise with Sway for her contact details to be provided to Deals Direct. :cry: Also ask them to provide links to the actual items they will be donating so these links can be used in the auction thread, so people know what they are bidding for.

I emailed Deals Direct

Dear Sir / Madam

Debbie

and there reply back

Hello Debra

Regards,

Nichole

MDBA Pacers

P.O. Box 31 Ganmain

NSW 2702

Ill send them out as prizes from here.

Thank you

Julie

I emailed Deals Direct

Dear Sir / Madam

Debbie

and there reply back

Hello Debra

Regards,

Nichole

Well done, great idea :rofl: I would suggest that you ask them to hold onto them until after the auction and Sway could then advise them of the winner's address to ship them to. That way it would save double handling and incurring any freight costs to onship to the winner. Liaise with Sway for her contact details to be provided to Deals Direct. :cry: Also ask them to provide links to the actual items they will be donating so these links can be used in the auction thread, so people know what they are bidding for.

Actually that probably a better idea

Im good which ever way it goes.