Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Thanks guys, had a shocking night last night, lots of pain, :p bad day today, slept all afternoon.

Thanks for the good wishes, blue nurse is great, advised her about barf for her cocker (couldn't help myself :laugh: ), and the dressings stay on all day.

My friend is holding up ok, a few stiff drinks ..............

She has dogs, (schnauzers and a kelpie), so there is some doggy company :rofl:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jed,

You are "sounding" more like you in your posts now which is great. I hope the healing continues and you soon feel well enough to be out of hospital.

Sucks that they discharged you when you dont feel up to it, but I agree with the less infection risk comments.

I would definitely speak to nurse about pain meds....can't heal as well if your body is fighting pain!! :cry:

Thinking of you Jed and sending positive vibes for a better night. Sleep is the best healer!! :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, had a shocking night last night, lots of pain, :rolleyes: bad day today, slept all afternoon.

Thanks for the good wishes, blue nurse is great, advised her about barf for her cocker (couldn't help myself :cry: ), and the dressings stay on all day.

My friend is holding up ok, a few stiff drinks ..............

She has dogs, (schnauzers and a kelpie), so there is some doggy company :love:

Sorry you had a rough night last night and a mad bad day today Jed.

But glad to see your sense of humour has not failed you :laugh:

Thanks Harminee, I have enough pain meds, including 3 diferent sorts of morphine, but sometimes the pain overcomes it.

And we can't do anything but go on.

IMHO showing the depth of our feelings to strangers only embarrasses them, but don't be fooled, I will never recover from losing those 5 dogs. Never. It doesn't get better with age either.

I worried that I came across on TV as uncaring but I can't talk about the dogs without breaking down. The TV edited some of the interview..

You definitely didn't come across as uncaring on the interview Jed.

And no one who has read your posts over the years could doubt for a nanosecond the depth of your love for your precious dogs.

I think you are amazing and I am humbled by your bravery...not just by rescuing those dogs that you could, but also for sharing your journey since with us.

Take care. :cry:

Jed, I wish we could take some of your grief and pain away from you, please know that you are truly an inspirational woman to me and I am sure everybody else here on dol, the loss of your dogs is heartbreaking.

On the more selfish side, thank goodness you are well enough to post, some of the bsl threads turned quite ugly without your voice of reason and wisdom.

Jed, I wish we could take some of your grief and pain away from you, please know that you are truly an inspirational woman to me and I am sure everybody else here on dol, the loss of your dogs is heartbreaking.

On the more selfish side, thank goodness you are well enough to post, some of the bsl threads turned quite ugly without your voice of reason and wisdom.

And profits have been down at Deshonko without my business partner to help spruik the product. :cry:

Evening Jed

I think its a shame people are moved from hospital before the are comfortable in doing so. That being said there is more staph and nasties creeping in hospitals in higher concentration than in the average home. Im sorry to hear you have been in pain overnight, good to hear you are happy with your nursing care you are recieving out of hospital. I second the comment above on pain management, you have been brave all theough this, dont tolerate any more pain than you need to- you need to rest to heal.

IMHO showing the depth of our feelings to strangers only embarrasses them, but don't be fooled, I will never recover from losing those 5 dogs. Never. It doesn't get better with age either.

I worried that I came across on TV as uncaring but I can't talk about the dogs without breaking down. The TV edited some of the interview..

Jed I don't think there is a person here who would judge you as being uncaring or anything remotely like it, and we all can empathise with the depth of your feelings for the furbabies you lost. Even though many of us have lost dogs in tragic circumstances, none of it would come close to what you have gone through.

Just remember we are all here for you and we will help in what ever capacity is needed.

You may never recover from losing your babies, but you will love others with the same depth and whilst they won't replace any that you lost, they will help fill a little of the gap that they left.

It all seems so difficult now, but you will find your way back.

what you have gone through has changed you forever, but you will get to a place where life is once again good.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

))))))))))))))

Thanks Harminee, I have enough pain meds, including 3 diferent sorts of morphine, but sometimes the pain overcomes it.

Been away and hadn't checked this thread for a while, welcome back Jed.

You certainly didn't come across as uncaring on the TV.

Hoping you get an improvement each day.

You definitely didn't come across as uncaring on the interview Jed.

And no one who has read your posts over the years could doubt for a nanosecond the depth of your love for your precious dogs.

I think you are amazing and I am humbled by your bravery...not just by rescuing those dogs that you could, but also for sharing your journey since with us.

Take care. :cry:

Yes.

Jed I can't find the words but others are saying it so well. You'll just have to face up to being an inspiration and a Hero.

You are a friggin brave woman Jed, good on you for making it through this ordeal and best wishes for your continued recovery.

:cry:

Bless you for being able to save the dogs that you did and bless the dogs who didn't make it, may they RIP