Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jed i have been reading this forum everyday hoping and praying for a good result for both you and your fur babies.

I know that words will not mend your broken heart or your body, but all i can say is that you are an inspiration and an unsung hero to all and i know that you were not looking for those titles but you are a special person and i wish all the happiness for you, your family and your beautiful dogs in the future.

Jed,

I should have known that the tribute to TBCSITW would be the one to tip me over the edge. I always enjoyed your stories about him so much that I felt like I knew him. Until now I've had tears in my eyes reading about the dogs you lost and your struggle to save them, but I've always been able to stop them from falling. Reading about Magnus just now I had tears pouring down my face and blurring my vision before I was half way through.

Your love for him, and his for you, shines through every word you wrote. He was truly one in a million.

RIP Magnus, aka TBCSITW. Keep a close eye on those inter-breed relationships over the bridge and make sure the smurfs don't overrun the place.

Early release from hospital, which means "we've run out of beds you are out of here". Not happy, s taying with friend - she is now my full time carer,whch sucks - I should still be in hospital, but there you go

blue nurses everry day for dressings. It's everything else. Alternative is a respite centre

Not working very well, but I guess I will survive

Qld Health - :laugh:

I am slightly better, wounds are healing, typing is improving.\\

thannks for all the good wishes, I appreciate them, I so miss my kids and your thoughts do help :D

I haven't been on the forum for a while so am now in the process of catching up.

Its good to see that you are recovering well Jed. Keep your spirits up. Many of us can only imagine what you have been through and are still going through. I still intend one day to get up your way for that coffee with you. :D

Morning Jed.

I know it must have been so emotionally difficult to write your beautiful tributes. I hope you feel at least a small sense of relief of some of the emotional burden after putting your thoughts and feelings onto paper... so to speak.

The whole in your heart will be incredible. I wish I could mend it for you. Time will help with this.

Today is a new day. The birds are chirping away here. It is light outside now, and I believe we are going to have a sunny day.

I hope you get an opportunity to spend some time in the sun today Jed. The vitamin D will do you the world of good. ;)

And a HI :laugh: to your carer.

Morning Jed,

It's a nice day today with the sun shining ( it probably was yesterday also, but the fog didn't lift long enough to know. Would have made an awesome twilight scene)

Today is another towards healing.

I hope it is a good day for you.

One day at a time, just take it one day at a time.

I hope you can feel our love for you when you read our messages

:cheer:

Hey Jed, and Hey Sitting-Room-People-and-Dogs,

thought you guys would like a lunch-time snack so bought in a big dish of macaroni cheese, paper plates and a heap of those irritating plastic forks...(you get a metal fork Jed..not so bendy)

make sure those Rotties, Wippets and Cavvies don't get any, fartin' things.

I keep popping in here and trying to type, then just end up deleting what I write as it all comes out sounding cliched, trite and just not...well, enough.

So I won't say anything other than-

Jed - so glad you are back, so very sorry for the magnitude of your loss and all my very best wishes & thoughts & love for a speedy recovery from hereon in... :D

Oh Jed, I have been dreading the tribute to Magnus and knowing that it would come eventually, when you were ready. :confused:

We held such hope that Magnus had just been his usual self and run away. I had only just sent the media release out to the national media asking everyone to keep an eye out for Magnus when word came that he had been found. :D The pain was unbearable for me, so I can't even begin to imagine how it is for you. I still cry when I think about that beautiful brave boy and how special he was to you.

I know that he is watching over you, and I am sure that you will feel his presence. He was a very special boy, a one in a million, and his spirit will live forever. :thumbsup:

Good Morning jed,

its a fresh cloudy mrning here inthe Brisbane Valley... hopefully heraldinga pleasant south east queensland winters day... I believe there are a few showers predicted for the sunshine and gold coast areas.

A busy weekend ahead for me... sotoday its ff to the gym... and sme shopping,

saturday has the commonwealth games weightlifting trial at the chandlercomplex...the rest will be trying to get the winter veggie garden into some sort of apperance of order. the plague of bandicoots has turned the area into a moonscape of holes...

have a cheerful and psitive day

H

I like bandiccots, bandicoots are my friends (and yes I know they carry ticks) but they are such funny fussy little blokes and visit the garden each night.

There is so many blocks being cleared here they have to find their tucker somewhere and it appears to be under our garden mulch.

Good morning to you Jed, hope your pain is easier today.

oh dont get me wrong i too like bandiccoots.. since i have lived here in 1993 we have had only very very rare glimpses side of road casualty etc.. but this year there has been literally a population explosion...they have made a serious attempt to take over the farm and a darned good one at that. one evening i wandered out into the house yard to gaze fondly at my snoozing maremmas.. and there between them were two bandicoots...!! the dogs snoozed on .

unfortunatelyseveral bandicoots have been caught and killed by the dogs in the hosue yeard as well.. i have tried everything ican thinl of t keep them out for their own saftey..

the grassey areas have become covered with bandicoot digs I seem them everywhere when i walk about at night

H