Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Thanks Rommi & Lewis, I like them pretty wel; :laugh: so I hope to have them back before too long - 2 -3 months, I guess

BB, I think the accommodation is pretty full there. We are missing a few, obviously camped on less crowded accommodation. :laugh:

Here's Pheonix, snuggling with grandma. What a brave girl, she didn't say a word about that nasty burn. They only found out when the skin peeled off. She has another nasty one on her tail, although it is healed now. They wont give her any trouble. Boxers are such tough, stoic people

My very unfavourite colour - plain brindle with very little white. Oh well. The brindle colour itself is ok at least. If she is half as good as her half sister Paris, or her sister Eva, I'll be happy.

Jane-BellawithMarg.jpg

Edited by Jed

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Boxer puppy face is just squishable and kissable. I love smooshing boxer lips!

That is a good sized burn scar! She must be a little toughie. Seems her name was meant to be.

She is looking lovely - I know nothing about Boxers, but she is a good looking little girl.

Each day is one step closer to being back with your kids, be nice if it sped up a bit though wouldn't it!

When I went up to see the dogs with the film crew, about 2 months after I last saw them (day of the fire) she immediately rushed over and jumped up on me, knocking me over. She then continued to jump up, trying to lick me, putting her tooth (accidentally) through my rather tender facial skin. Naturally, the other dogs were pleased to see me, particularly as they thought I was on the ground specially to play with them. So there I was, on the ground, unable to get up, bleeding like a stuck pig, with dogs running all over me, licking me and generally being delighted. In front of a Ch 7 TV crew!!

Sorry Jed, but I had to laugh at that! :laugh: Dignity? What dignity? :rolleyes:

Lovely pics of the kids, they all look so happy and relaxed - a nice change from the last time we saw them, all stressed out and missing their two legged mum.

I think Phoenix is just adorable, but then I'm partial to brindles. :( (hard to tell from my sig and avatar pics but Kuges was all brindle before he turned into silverado)

That's a nasty scar the poor little girl has - how will that affect her show potential? (presuming she's going to be shown)

I'm loving all the photo's Jed! :o Pheonix (did i spell that right? :eek: ) is gorgeous. ;) I love brindles, how can you say it's your least favourite colour ;) :) She looks right at home in that lap too! :)

I'm keeping :) you continue to recover well and are with your fur kids as soon as possible. :hug:

I generally don't watch the RSPCA show (sometimes it makes me a bit mad ;)) but will keep an eye out for your episode. :rofl:

When I went up to see the dogs with the film crew, about 2 months after I last saw them (day of the fire) she immediately rushed over and jumped up on me, knocking me over. She then continued to jump up, trying to lick me, putting her tooth (accidentally) through my rather tender facial skin. Naturally, the other dogs were pleased to see me, particularly as they thought I was on the ground specially to play with them. So there I was, on the ground, unable to get up, bleeding like a stuck pig, with dogs running all over me, licking me and generally being delighted. In front of a Ch 7 TV crew!!

Sorry Jed, but I had to laugh at that! :laugh: Dignity? What dignity? :rofl:

I also had a smile on my face and thinking to myself

Why oh Why couldnt I have seen that lovely reunion :D

Dignity or not

it would have been lovely to watch and I bet the tv crew had huge smiles on their faces

thinking of you

:thumbsup:

the pictures are delightfull to see :D

Wonderful pics Jed, the dogs all look so well cared for. :rofl: I'm so looking forward to the day that we hear that you're going to be reunited with them all again.

Lol @ the enthusiastic welcome with the camera crew there. I do hope I get to see that on tv - I'll be sure to have my tissues ready. ;)

I think she was a cocker in the last reincarnation. Surely flatcoats couldn't be SO naughty

Meant to say - a f ew people including my daughter have Dells, and say the after sales service is ok. One can only hope. Price was the decider. I'm not rolling in it, and I don't know how far it will have to go, so a few hundred is a LOT :confused:

No idea when it will be on. It was to be the last show of the series - because it is a feel good one - but the show seems to have disappeared from TV - its been replaced here, so I have no idea. (Maybe better if it is never aired)

Great to hear you sounding so positve Jed and your kids look like they are doing well.

I am more than happy with my Dell Inspiron. I bought it June 2008 intending to use it just for email and a bit of net surfing. 12 months later in July last year, I took on full time computer studies at TAFE, so since then it has worked all day every day and hasn't given me any trouble at all. I am hoping it continues to behave until I finish my Diploma at the end of the year and can get back to work so I can afford another computer as a spare before I wear this one out completely.

Thanks for that heartening news, dancinbcs!!

Oh, Melbomb, imagine me being on an RSPCA rescue show!! I mean, really?? :provoke:

hotfurball - I doubt that Pheonix will be shown - plain boxers are not prime show ring candidates - and I have no idea whether she is show quality or not. I can't remember. I suspect she is but it would be hard to title her. That nasty scar + the one on her tail would make it difficult. Her sister, who wins heaps has white on her face, chest and legs. R&L & MM. thanks!!

I have no idea how Pheonix was burned. Must have been when I took them out of the house - at 8 weeks, they were too big to all be carried properly together, so I was holding some part of each pup, sort of dangling them - it wasn't far to outside. I had one by a leg - not sure which pup, but it seemed quite happy. If I had been able to carry all 6, they would all have been saved, but they were too big.

My arms were burned by bits of the burning ceiling falling onto them, so I guess the same thing must have happened to Pheonix. She didn't say a word, such brave little girl.

That was my last litter, but I think I will probably breed with her, to try for a show one. Maybe not, see what happens.

This is my idea of a show boxer ----

day571873-2.jpg

And this is Pheonix's big sister, Eva

2009_C__Denes_Forest_Gir.jpg

Luvmycav - the dogs are being well cared for, by lovely caring, experienced breeders -- I chose my carers well -- and wrote it into my will ages ago. They knew if anything happened to me, to come and get the dogs and take c are of them. If I died, they would have found them lovely new homes.

NZVizla - I can't undo the past, I have lived that, and suffered. It's now part of life. My choice was to accept it, take anything positive and move on, or be stuck in the same place, reliving the sadness, sorrow and tragedy of the fire all my life.

I chose to move on. I've had great help emotionally and physically in terms of supportive messages, donations, cards, a painting of Magnus, other goodies too numerous to mention from the dog community, which has been incredibly helpful. I am also fortunate that I have great friends (some greater than I realised) who were and are ready and able to care for me while I heal.

People donated so that my friend Toohey from DOL could be at the bedside when I woke up, and would be my very own personal nurse, supporting and helping me through the difficult transition from unconscious to conscious - and through the knowledge about the dogs. She willingly gave a week of her life to supporting me (and putting up with me whining and complaining about everything) - which wasn't easy. - Spending every day for a week in hospital with a crochetty and cantankerous burns victim must have been the pits.

Since I've been ambulatory, I've been offered 3 show pups as gifts from wonderful breeders.

How good is all that?

And all that encourages me to stay strong, and keep moving forward away from the horror and trauma

There are lots of people who come to DOL, who are a lot worse off than I am, and they bravely soldier on.

Jed, I just wanted to say that I think you're incredible.

:laugh:

You took the words right out of my mouth Sir WJ! :)

I still think you should write a book Jed, you have such a way with words! I would be one of the first to add it to my library! :)

I also wanted to say to Toohey :( Jed is very very lucky to have a friend like you. :D

I haven't been in for an age as have barely been online and having to organise a whole change in things here... though I haven't visited physically I have to say that I can't remember a day where I have not thought of you Jed and hoped that you were continuing to heal and recover... am so very glad to pop in and see the updates. :)

:thumbsup:

Yep, I think you're incredible too and so courageous.

:thumbsup: You are a true inspiration Jed!

:rofl:

You took the words right out of my mouth Sir WJ! :thumbsup:

I still think you should write a book Jed, you have such a way with words! I would be one of the first to add it to my library! :thumbsup:

I also wanted to say to Toohey :) Jed is very very lucky to have a friend like you. :rofl:

and you took the words out of my mouth ;)

Glad to hear you comeing along Jed

and what lovely gesture for 3 pups to you :clap:

take care

:)

Gees Jed, you just put my shit into perspective. I feel ashamed for crumbling over the end of a relationship when you've faced such loss with such incredible fortitude and such a positive outlook and attitude - hats off to you, the ultimate example of how strong a woman really can be. You've always been an inspiration throughout your ordeal but now I need to really heed what you said just then and take it on board...after the effects of this afternoon's copious wine consumption wears off... :(

HFB, crumbling over the end of a relationship is ok - you need to get past it, and only grieving works. Later you see that the relationship ended to make way for the better one, or for you to be happily single to experience all that has to offer. But at the time, it's the bloody pits! Wine is good, it's the hangover ..... :bolt:

You know I am not incredible, just did what had to be done. But I was bought up to believe that every living thing I owned was entitled to the best I could give it - for life.

I had a great week this week - saw Guy Spagnolo win BOB with his lab, saw the Sammy win puppy of the day. Went to another show on sat, caught up with some friends.

The might Dell computer hasn't arrived yet. there was no problem with it being ready. The problem was the delivery mob - Star Track - turned up unexpectedly, we were at the Royal. There was a card in the letterbox. I phoned the next morning, told them we would be home till 11.3o or 12 then out (hospital appointment at 1). No, they couldn't tell the driver that, he just arrived sometime between 8 and 5. No, they wouldn't tell hm not to bother coming in the afternoon. Got home to find another card in the letterbox to say he arrived at 1.30

Phoned them again. No they would continue to attempt to deliver daily Decided to spend all of Monday at home, waiting for the delivery

Phoned Monday morning at 9am to ensure they were going to deliver. No they weren't going to deliver today. The c omputer was in the warehouse (miles away), it could be collected.

No, didn't suit me. Told them I would be home after 1 tomorrow. O K with them (that was a shock, because the other staff had told me they would not advise whether deliveries would be am or pm) Have a hospital appointment at 11 - and I need to keep them.

I am phoning in the morning to see what happens.

If they haven't managed to deliver by

Wednesday, Iam cancelling the order, and sending a letter of demand for a refund. At least if I go to office works, they have them in stock, and I can walk out with one. *sigh*

More exciting news later this week...