Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

MM, what are you doing up at this hour?

Checking that all the appliances are turned off?? :rofl:

Pretty well remembered it all from the beginning. When I first woke from the coma, it wasn't as clear - and I guess I didn't want to think about it too much.

Some things were clear, and some not so clear. Thinking and talking about it clarified what actually happened.

Looking at the house, and speaking to the firies afterwards confirmed my memory. I think, after the firies arrived, I was slipping in and out of consciousness because after I left the house for the last time, some things were confused. I wasn't found by the firies where I thought I was although I remember calling the firies, and telling them that the pups were still inside.

Everyone tittered when I told them (when I woke up) about the ambulance getting bogged twice in the table drain, and the fire engine having to pull it out. The ambo driver knew some very old fashioned language :o. But the marks of something getting bogged and getting out are quite plain when you look at the table drain - and you can see them clearly in the news footage. Knowing I didn't imagine that made me feel a lot better.

If you told me I would go into a burning house to save my dogs, I would say "no way". Too frightening. At the time, it wasn't frightening. I didn'think of it in those terms.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was funny at the time - I suppose at 3am the table drain looked as it was covered with nice grass - and so it was - over the mud!! Driver tried for a while to get it out - backwards and forwards, lots of revving (and swearing) before asking the firies - they weren't too impressed either.

But no one believed me when I told them. Until we went back to the house and saw the wheel marks all through the table drain.