Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

My thoughts are with Jed and her family, both skin and fur. What an amazingly brave, selfless woman. I will donate tomorrow.

God love that little Cav who was wagging his tail whilst being put in the RSPCA ambulance.

God speed to the dogs who didn't make it.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am another DOLer who did not really know Jed but I always respected her sensible posts and feel gutted by this.

This should never happen to anyone and to think of her going into the fire to save her dogs has turned me into a wreck.

Obviously I will donate now and if there is anything else I can do from SA please let us know :)

My thoughts are with Jed and her family at this time of sadness and loss. It is just too heartbreaking. :)

As well as a donation, I will be sending my most strongest healing energy for her recovery. Thank you, also, to all those doggie people that are organizing the care of her animals and search for Magnus - from those of us too far away to help in a physical capacity.

What a terrible tragedy to happen to this wonderful woman. My thoughts and prayers are with Jed. A candle will be lit for her and her beloved dogs who have passed on at 9pm tonight.

When I got my first Cavalier puppy 6 years ago, Jed was my mentor and my friend. We exchanged many midnight emails when I was in a panic over something my puppy was doing or something I wasn't going about the right way. Her usual advice was for me to stop worrying, get down on the floor and play with my puppy and enjoy him because he'd be a puppy for such a short time. Having never had the responsibility of such a tiny little thing I was terrified. Jed was a tower of strength and a wealth of good down to earth advice.

I'm stricken by the news of this tragedy and not at all surprised that Jed would go back inside her burning house to try to rescue her beloved dogs. That's just how she is. Bless her.

Julie you are doing a magnificent job under what must be extremely difficult circumstances and shock at what has happened to your friend. If there is anything at all I can do to help in any way, just say the word.

Magnus come home now boy, your mum will need to know you're ok.

Edited by cavNrott

I have been reading this all day & still don't really know what to say.

I could never imagine the heartache felt by Jane as she tried so hard to save her beloved friends.

Stay strong, TBCSITW really needs you now.

Like so many others, Jed has been both a comfort and an inspiration to me over the years on DOL.

My OH and I have both been to donate blood and will be encouraging all our dog-loving friends to do the same as well as donating cash.

I have been closely following this thread all day and wish I was closer and could provide some practical support.

Although I don't know Jed as well as some others on this forum I respect her opinion and the way she expresses herself. She has always come across as a kind and thoughtful person.

For this to happen to anyone is just devastating and my thoughts are with her and her dogs.

I will be keenly keeping an eye on this thread, I really hope Jed recovers quickly and returns to her remaining bubs.

I am so sorry to hear of this.

I couldnt begin to imagine what you would of went through. My thoughts are with you and all your doggies, especially those that crossed the bridge R.I.P. babies :)

When i saw it on the news I cried :rofl:

Wishing you all a speedy recovery. :rofl:

How abosolutley devestating. My heart breaks for your Jed, sending all the combined healing thoughts of Bythorn Park your way may you make a full and speedy rocovery and may those that have survived be waiting in sound health and with wagging tails to help ease some of the pain of those lost.

I have no idea what to say, what an absolute tragedy, my heart breaks for you Jed :rofl::cry:

Sending healing prayers for your recovery :rofl:

Please come home Magnus, your mummy needs you :(:(

Rip to the little ones lost :)

I found out about this during my lunchbreak at work and still haven't been able to completely comprehend what has happened.

Like many others, I am so very fond of Jed - she is truly an inspiration in the Dog World, so strong willed and opinionated but never nasty or holier-than-thou. Her opinions and knowledge come through in a clear & entertaining way, something that so few people lack, especially on the internet.

I don't know what else to say, the tears keep stopping and starting. Please, Jed, stay strong because we damn well need you on our team!! And your surviving animals need their humum, especially TBCSITW.

We here (human & furred) are all sending you healing thoughts and vibes, get well soon xoxoxo <3 <3 <3

(by the way, that's an order, not a request)

RIP to the critters now at The 'Bridge, run free :)

I will donate something to the PACERS when my pay goes through, hopefully tomorrow morning.