Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing so many sitting in this thread waiting for news and offering support for this beautiful lady is just amazing. Thanks to everyone.

I have just spoken to Jane's daughter Caitlin.

Jane is holding her own at this stage. She is intubated and on a ventilator in Intensive care, and will likely be for some days/weeks to come. The main concern is her airways, which are burnt, smoke irritated and swollen, and she has fluid gathering on her lungs. We can only wait and see how she progresses at the moment, with the biggest concerns being the swelling and the possiblity of infection.

She has some burns to her upper body as well, but only one that is severe enough to possibly need a skin graft.

Please keep the healing wishes coming, as she will need them all, and I will pass them on to the family for Jane.

Oh god, this sounds so unbelievably painful. :):rofl:

Please ensure she knows how the DOL community is responding to these tragic events.

Did Caitlin live with her? Is she hurt at all?

Just so difficult to comprehend what they are going through. :rofl:

Thank you so much for taking the time to update us all Toohey. My thoughts are with Jane and I am sure she will fight through this as she will desperately want to get well for her human and dog families.

Jane was a massive help to me when I was looking for my first cocker and I have always valued her advice. If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know. I'm less than 2 hours from Caboolture.

O.K. still no sign of TBCSITW. But we have chi chi - the little tiny rescue dog Jed saved , 2 cockers- the pup [shit head] and Marjory,3 boxer pups and 8 cavs.

The bodies have been collected so we can give the ones that didn't make it a place to rest where Jed can know they were looked after.

My role in this is minimal with many others much more deserving of Thanks. Marg Coles and Lesley- goldchow have worked miracles today and bought the dogs and the bodies to safety.

Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_rescue has hung around all day for us and we are so very grateful to her.

All of you with your words and donations have been awesome and I know when Jed is feeling better she will be very moved by the support she has.

Julie

I was thinking the other day that Jed and I hadn't had a fight crossed swords for a little while.

I am deeply sorry to hear this news and hope she makes a speedy recovery. I'm very glad to hear Julie's on the case with MDBA Pacers. RIP to her pets who didn't make it. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update, I have been checking often.

I really hope Magnus heeds our calls, in real llife and via ESP and returns home, or goes to someone so he is safe.

If anyone one can will Jed better DOL can.

Sending lots of thoughts of healing.

Whippet kisses.

Thanks Steve for the updates.

You are all doing such a wonderful job and it is so heartening to see everyone pulling together and doing their best in such a tough situation.

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

So very sad, and such a devastating thing to happen, my thoughts are with you Jed and I hope that you make a full recovery, R.I.P those poor animals that were lost.