Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

burn a candle, for house fire victims :thumbsup:

It does seem rather ironical.

I have to admit as I lit the candle , I too thought Oh my goodness :laugh: its something that I dont normally do but it just seemed right for her tonight :)

Get well Jed we are all thinking of you and sending healing vibes for you and your babies :shrug:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lighting a candle is a symbol of hope. A light in the darkness.

The threads about Jed are full of hope that she recovers well & that her dogs & other pets are safe.

It was a fitting suggestion someone made, to light a candle...& raise a glass...for her.

Edited by mita

Lighting a candle is a symbol of hope.

The threads about Jed are full of hope that she recovers well & that her dogs & other pets are safe.

It was a fitting suggestion someone made, to light a candle...& raise a glass...for her.

Thank you Mita I was just about to reply when I saw your post, you said it so much better than I could have :shrug: I'm afraid I struggle to find the right words sometimes in these situations :laugh:

Jed, you are heroic for saving your dogs. I hope your injuries, both physical and emotional heal soon and I will be thinking of you and your surviving dogs.

RIP to all those who didn't make it, safe journey over the :thumbsup:

To all of those helping...kudos to you, you are all fantastic people.

ETA - Have posted requests to look for Magnus in another forum too.

Edited by Ker

My love and best wishes go out to Jed and family, I hope and pray that all the dogs missing will return soon, I am reading the posts with heartfelt tears, I cant imagine how those who are close to her are feeling. If the power of prayer can work, I send all my power to you,fight on you have so many people fighting with you with whippety loves.......Om mani padme hum

xxx

Many hearts beat as one

Edited by Binx

Oh, how heartbreaking it must have been collecting the dogs who died! :laugh: What special people Margaret and Lesley are! :shrug:

Thank you for the updates Julie and Toohey! :thumbsup:

ETA, Toohey's not real good SB! :)

Edited by WendyH

My thoughts and prayers have been with Jed since hearing this awful awful news. :shrug:

I continue to pray for her to recover.

RIP to her babies that didn't make it. May they all wait at the bridge with all of her babies of old running free an happy. :thumbsup:

Steve, Lesley and everyone else involved in helping her even though they themselves are grieving for what has happened. Thank you. :laugh:

Edited by ~Midniara~

Lighting a candle is a symbol of hope.

Thank you Mita I was just about to reply when I saw your post, you said it so much better than I could have :shrug: I'm afraid I struggle to find the right words sometimes in these situations :laugh:

to each their own, I just find the thought of burning something for burns victims, not my cup of tea, sorry don't really have the words either to express myself properly

O.K. still no sign of TBCSITW.

So it was definitely him that shot through, or are we still not sure if he made it? TBCSITW is an icon :thumbsup:

We're pretty sure it was him as no other dog fits the description.But there is no sign of him so we have no idea of what happened to him after he ran off.

I am so very saddened reading this thread. My best wishes go out to you Jed and your family. It is our worst nightmare and one I have unfortunately been very close to myself. About a year ago a friend of mine lost her home and 5 of her pugs in a house fire. She was not hurt physically and one pug survived but the emotional scars are still very much with her. Two of the pugs she lost were my boys and I suffered along with her. So I have a small inkling of how Jed will be feeling when she pulls through this.

My friend found great comfort in letters and cards that were sent to her from all over the world, so maybe if someone close to Jed would be willing to accept cards on her behalf, that could be collected and taken to her. It would be a tangible show of love and support for her. I know we have all posted here but she may not have access to a computer for a while.

Also my friend was distraught not anly because she had lost her "little family" but also her photos ect. Luckily I had some beautiful photo's of her dogs and made her a scrapbook of their photo's along with some poems, a little thing but something that she cherishes. Maybe people who know Jed and have photo's of her dogs could make copies for her or the talented lady who does the photo memorial in the Rainbow Bridge could do a memorial if she has pics

A big thank you to the people who organised the burial of the deceased dogs. I know it will be of great comfort to Jed.

God Bless You Jed my prayers are with you.