Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

thinking of you Jed, hope all is well!

Blurry health system, I bet if it was one of theirs (medical bean counters!) they wouldn't be chuffed off before they were ready!

On the plus side you'll get more rest and be able to do as you want when you want!

Hope it all works out for you

Take care xx

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to hear that you have had an early release, Jed :laugh: But it will be better for you, you will feel more comfortable and you will have less chance of infection as well. I hope you are able to see your babies, that's all the healing you will need :(

Thanks guys, dogs are 3 hours away, so wont be seeing them for a bit. Lots of caring required, which I think puts t oo much on my friend. I need a nurse. Fulll time. The hospital chucked me out because I had someone to go to. Blue Nurse said they probably chucked me out when I had been there long enough not to attract funding. Oh dear

There's room here for a waitingroom, lounge, karoke, bar, blah blah -- but you will have to change my dressings .... Blue Nurse is doing a great job First time dressings have stayed on for 24 hours!! No one seemed to b able to get them to s tay at the hospital, on the other hand, I hate to think what it is costing for enough stuff to keep them on

My daughter fixed my bandage one afternon because it was around my ankles, instead of my thigh, and it stayed on better than the one the nurses put on. I had to tell her to watch the hock :(

Edited by Jed

Morning Jed - so great to read about your ongoing recovery and having you back posting :shhh: - yeah most state health systems are in chaos and patients being discharged prematurely to save bucks :mad You are very lucky to have such a good friend as your full-time carer and I am sure you will go from strength to strength in your recovery. Wishing you much better and brighter days ahead :)

Jed, your situation being kicked out of hospital and staying with your full time caring friend must feel awful to you right now. I certainly sympathise. You do not want to be a burden, you are such a strong and independant woman, and handing over your care to a friend probably feels really crappy right now. Big hugs from me.

But you know what, I am sure your friend is more than happy to help, and she knows you would do exactly the same for her if the tables were turned. I bet she feels privileged to be given the opportunity to repay you for all the years of your wonderful friendship.

If you are feeling insecure, vulnerable, stressed and overwhelmed at the moment, I totally get it. This will pass. Hang in there. Once you have been settled in with your friend for a while, I am sure things will seem much better. And like Harmonee says, you will heal quicker as well.

Glad your typing is easier and things are on the mend.

I am sure we are all happy to move our waiting room to your friend's house if she will have us :shhh:

Been away for a few days and just catching up.

Early release from hospital, which means "we've run out of beds you are out of here". Not happy, s taying with friend - she is now my full time carer,whch sucks - I should still be in hospital, but there you go

Seriously??!! As if what you have been through (and continue to deal with) isn't enough. Sigh.

Wondering where you find the strength, Jed.

Hang in there. :shhh:

Oh Jed, I wish I were close enough to help out. I am sure your friend is more than happy looking after you.

I haven't been able to post about your tributes till now but have to say, your fur kids would have known you are such a loving person and they are more than likely looking down on you and waiting for you to heal and get back to your old self. You need to try not worry and rest and heal. So many people are wishing you well. Take it easy Jed.

Thanks guys, dogs are 3 hours away, so wont be seeing them for a bit. Lots of caring required, which I think puts t oo much on my friend. I need a nurse. Fulll time. The hospital chucked me out because I had someone to go to. Blue Nurse said they probably chucked me out when I had been there long enough not to attract funding. Oh dear

There's room here for a waitingroom, lounge, karoke, bar, blah blah -- but you will have to change my dressings .... Blue Nurse is doing a great job First time dressings have stayed on for 24 hours!! No one seemed to b able to get them to s tay at the hospital, on the other hand, I hate to think what it is costing for enough stuff to keep them on

My daughter fixed my bandage one afternon because it was around my ankles, instead of my thigh, and it stayed on better than the one the nurses put on. I had to tell her to watch the hock :mad

:) @ the hock comment. Glad to hear the Blue Nurses are doing a good job.

Sorry to hear you were released before you should have been but thank dog you do have someone to look after you. I think Dyzney said it well.

Rest up and continue to heal. :shhh:

It is scary to be out of hospital before you are feeling ready and while there are still dressings to be done. As others have said the plus side is that you are less likely to get an infection and once you feel stronger, you will improve in leaps and bounds. :mad

What a sad indictment of our health system. :shhh:

My daughter fixed my bandage one afternon because it was around my ankles, instead of my thigh, and it stayed on better than the one the nurses put on. I had to tell her to watch the hock :shhh:

Thats the old JED writing again, your spirits have lifted and the whole thread is teary again!

Keep up the great work Jed, your friends and yourself are doing a great job in the recovery process.

:mad

THANK DOG for good friends !!!!!the health system is stuffed, to put it politly ,the vet wouldnt kick a dog out b 4it was healed !!!!!heres trusting being out of the hospital will help with your recovery .thinking of u always .

Believe in yourself Jed, and your friend and the Blue Care Nurses that come to tend to your needs.

You will improve in leaps and bounds now that you are out of hospital, and I am more than sure your friend welcomes the opportunity to take care of you. That is what friends are for

Yes you may well need a nurse, but now you have your own personal one.

Just remember you also have an entire forum waiting, wanting and willing to help you at any time... you only have to ask.

::: Passes Jed a cuppa and some Tim Tams:: :shhh:

My daughter fixed my bandage one afternon because it was around my ankles, instead of my thigh, and it stayed on better than the one the nurses put on. I had to tell her to watch the hock :shhh:

I completely agree with everything that Dyzney said, so try not to worry about being a burden to your lovely friend Jed. I'm guessing that you're so used to doing things for everyone else and being the strong one but it's time to sit back for a little while now and let someone do something for you. Now, sit still while I change your dressings. :mad

*Arranges the newfies around the lounge and finds a comfortable spot to eat Harminee's Tim Tams*

Edited by LuvMyCav

Jed I've been trying to look at the "bright" side of your release from hospital, and I'm wondering about the risk of infection. My 18yr old son received burns to his arm and chest and the hospital wanted him to go back there to have his burns dressed (they also did a really rotten job of the dressings). We decided against going back to the hospital and went to our private GP instead - she said we made the right choice as infection is always a risk with burns and the risk of infection IN a hospital is much worse.

You have such great friends and I'm sooo glad they have provided you with a place to stay when the state hospital system can't.