Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Jed please forgive me, I keep trying to post in here lately but I get overwhelmed and then the tears start and then I delete because I just can't find the right words I want to say and still can't but I wanted to let you know I am always thinking of you and you are never far from my thoughts. :cry:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is really too soon for you Jed, then go back to hospital. Just turn up at ED if you need to. Dont discount respite, it is usually just a sub-acute hospital generally.

Once of the places that I work is a Continuing Care Hospital. You will get better access to Allied Health if you need them and importantly your pain relief can be monitored and adjusted to keep you as comfortable as possible.

Edited by gillbear

Thanks Harminee, I have enough pain meds, including 3 diferent sorts of morphine, but sometimes the pain overcomes it.

And we can't do anything but go on.

IMHO showing the depth of our feelings to strangers only embarrasses them, but don't be fooled, I will never recover from losing those 5 dogs. Never. It doesn't get better with age either.

I worried that I came across on TV as uncaring but I can't talk about the dogs without breaking down. The TV edited some of the interview..

I am sorry for your pain, I hope the meds ease most of it for you, hang in there.

No Jed, you didn't come accross as uncaring, I was proud to know you, even if only through DOL. Sometimes unbearable pain doesn't show, it goes so deep that the many layers we have, camoflage it for our own good. Sadly you are right, you will never recover from such a tragic loss, but time will ease the pain, just as it does your physical wounds. Allow this time for your grieving and your healing, we will all be here and I think you know that we will also do whatever we can to ease that pain for you.

Thanks Harminee, I have enough pain meds, including 3 diferent sorts of morphine, but sometimes the pain overcomes it.

And we can't do anything but go on.

IMHO showing the depth of our feelings to strangers only embarrasses them, but don't be fooled, I will never recover from losing those 5 dogs. Never. It doesn't get better with age either.

I worried that I came across on TV as uncaring but I can't talk about the dogs without breaking down. The TV edited some of the interview..

Not at all Jed. Blind Freddie could see that you were soldiering on bravely, and that you were managing to keep all that emotion under control for the interview (or like you say, for what they showed).

The people that do not know you... well who cares what they think.

The people that do know you, know what you have been through, know how you choose to handle yourself in public, and know how much you adore your animals. They know how much you really care.

But at the end of the day, the only person that you need really care about what they think is yourself. You know you are a good person and your heart is in the right place. You can hold your head high and know that you are a worth human being, of the highest calibre.

Hope you have a brighter day today Jed. :thumbsup: Love to you.

Dear Jed,

I don't know you, but have been following your progress, it's sad that you were released from hospital, but probably better in the long run as there is so much golden staph etc; in the hospitals.

Take care, thoughts go to your friend and carer too, who is probably doing a marvellous job, especially if your someone like me who hates being a patient. :thumbsup:

Take care, you have plenty of people and dogs out there awaiting your safe return to the dog world! :o

Thinking of you,

Sue

Early release from hospital, which means "we've run out of beds you are out of here". Not happy, s taying with friend - she is now my full time carer,whch sucks - I should still be in hospital, but there you go

[parts of your post deleted for convenience of reply ]

As I don't want to be banned for using the worst language ever on DOL, I will refrain from making a comment on the hospital system.

Perhaps if your friend was okay with it, you could say what town you are in and then you'd probably find DOLers in the vicinity who would be more than happy to share a bit of the nursing .... and stiff drinks of course :thumbsup:

Jed I hope that you start to feel a lot better over the coming days so that you'll feel well enough to be out of hospital. I'm so glad that your friend is able to care for you - I just hope she doesn't mind us taking up residence in her living room now that we have to vacate the waiting room. :o

That made me laugh.

I wondered about that. Poor you - must have been so difficult.

A thought - if you have the contact details of the people who shot the video, why don't you contact them and tell them about being released before you can care for yourself? We could all get to see that sexy dressing gown again. :cry::mad

Thanks guys, had a shocking night last night, lots of pain, :mad bad day today, slept all afternoon.

Thanks for the good wishes, blue nurse is great, advised her about barf for her cocker (couldn't help myself :( ), and the dressings stay on all day.

My friend is holding up ok, a few stiff drinks ..............

She has dogs, (schnauzers and a kelpie), so there is some doggy company :)

:(:) :) :D :) ;) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi, Jed.

I hope you and your friend are getting all help and support for coping with early release. Go gently ... ((hug))

Back to that interview - of course it was edited .. they all are- but you did look terrific ,and caring :(

Currently the "health" system is very very sick.

You are lucky that you have someone to care for you. So many people get kicked out and have no where to go. Yourself included in that as your house is gone.

When I think back to the early days of my nursing career the mind boogles. Great advances have been made and people saved but the care is greatly reduced. :( :( :) :) :D

:eek::eek::eek::mad:laugh::( ;)

;) ;) .

WOW!!!Great to see you are on the mend Jed!

I have been offline for a couple of weeks, so I am still catching up on this thread, however you have not been far from my thoughts.

I think my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I came across your post. :mad Now there seems to be something in them. :laugh:

Keep up your healing, you are so courageous Jed!

Thanks guys, had a shocking night last night, lots of pain, :o bad day today, slept all afternoon.

Thanks for the good wishes, blue nurse is great, advised her about barf for her cocker (couldn't help myself ;) ), and the dressings stay on all day.

My friend is holding up ok, a few stiff drinks ..............

She has dogs, (schnauzers and a kelpie), so there is some doggy company :(

:laugh: ;) :eek: :eek: :eek::mad :mad :mad:o :o

:(:laugh: ;)

Jed

Thank you for sharing with us the precious photos and tributes to your furbabies. :laugh::idea:

I can only imagine how heartbroken you must be. It is hard enough to loose a loved one to old age let alone to be faced with what you have been.

At least they always knew that you loved them. I know that they are now peacefully watching over you and your remaining furbabies.

I am saddened to hear that you have been released from hospital already. I hope that the pain eases and you continue to recover well at your friends home.

BTW you looked fantastic, and held it together like the trooper you are in the interview, you must have been so nervous!

I hope tonight is a better night for you.

xx

Jed you looked and sounded great in that interview. You came across as someone who was at peace with the decision you made to rescue your dogs. Pretty bloody impressive if you ask me!

I was shattered when i lost one dog in tragic circumstances, to lose five at once .. I cant even get my head around it. All I can say with certainty is that in time it wont hurt as sharply as it does now. Eventually it will subside to an ache that is bearable, that wont take your breath away. Then gradually to a soft ache and a moment of sadness when you think about them.

I pray you have a good night tonight and wake refreshed in the morning.

Jed, no one in their right mind could possibly have thought that you were uncaring in your interview. Incredibly strong to hold it together so well? Definitely. No one who goes into a burning house time after time to save the lives of her dogs can be considered uncaring. Please don't give it another thought.

I hope that you sleep better tonight, sweet dreams. :laugh:

Hi Jed, although we have never met and possibly never even spoke on here. I have been a silent lurker on this thread since that tragic day. I just wanted to say that words cannot express my sympathy for you and the loss and pain you have experienced. I checked back everyday to see how you were doing and I was hoping and praying for the best.

It is so great to see you here, I am glad that you are healing and I wish you all the best out of this terrible situation. You seem like an incredibly brave and strong woman and I hope things start to look up from here on in.

Best wishes for the future and your babies :idea::laugh:

So glad to see you posting again. It is horrible to be removed form the hospital before you feel your ready but to be brutally honest there are so many hospital bugs you may have been exposed to and having burns makes you an easy target for them. Hospital aquired infections are nasty.

It sounds like your in caring hands and thats wonderful.

No great wisdom from me, just so happy to know that you have come so far. Welcome home Jed :laugh:

'Mornin' Jed,

it's best you are out of the hospital enviroment, much better for you health and wellbeing in the long run.

I have been thinking of a way I can say how sorry I am that your heart has a big hole that used to be filled with Meg, Magnus, Paris and the puppies...can't think of any words that don't sound trite.

So......

Hugs to you Jed.

Jed....I remember the trepidation of going home from hospital after 2 days, with 50 stitches in my noggin after surgery for a parotid tumour. I looked like Herman Munster! :laugh:

The good things about going home were a comfortable bed, no lights on at night and yakking nurses, not being woken at 'sparrow's fart'....and no more hospital food. :laugh:

I really do think that recovery is usually better achieved in a home environment, even if it seems a bit premature. :laugh: