Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Good to see you back Jed.

Bugger about the drugs making you feel seedy, hope that goes away soon.

I am glad your burns look better. My Dad told me the donor site hurt him more than the burns he had, I wonder why that is?

Jed I don't know what to say really, the pain of missing your kids, I hope that the pain dulls a little for you over time so it is easier to bear. My heart goes out to you.

At least you got a policeman with a sense of humour! Hope all your claims/paperwork go through quickly and with no hitches so you can start to rebuild your own home.

*Bit too much Cab Sav last night - need coffee***** snuggles down with a dog or three, oh and a couple of cats*

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit early for cabsav - cappucino is good. Feeling a bit stronger, althoough donor site is aching like hell and I feel seedy from all the mmorphine. I 'd rather feel seedy than be in horrible pain though. Burns look better.

Still miss my kids though, that's the most pain :D

Spoke to the police yesterday for the r eport for the insurance. They told me it was definitely not arson. I said I would not have been in there if I had lit the fire, much hilarious laughing, a copper with a sense of humour!!

Hi Jed :laugh:

I've been checking in here daily for updates but have not posted til now. Everything I want to say has been said by more articulate DOLers! ;)

Really pleased to hear your burns are improving - even if it is only a little each day.

Good to hear insurance shouldn't be a problem - a little less to have to stress about I guess.

Just want to say that your courage and strength throughout this entire ordeal has been nothing short of inspirational... a real-life hero.

Will keep checking in and quietly wishing you well.

M.

Magnusinhatandglasses.jpg

Magnus23July06.jpg

:laugh: Magnus

You failed your 7 week vet check because of your horrible double sided heart murmur. The pet shop asked if I would like a cocker to play with till the 12 week vac and check when it was expected that you would be found to be ok. I missed the last of my cockers, the irreplacable Flora, so I thought a baby cocker to play with for a few weeks would be great fun.

Alas, you failed that too. The "breeder" was happy to take you back, but I had a nasty feeling that your future would be short. I offered to take you, if what I suspected was what was actually going to happen.

My suspicions were correct, so you stayed. The veterinary prognosis was simple - "expect anything - he may live to be 5 or 6, or he may live for 3 months".

I promised that I would give you the very best home possible for as long as you were healthy, and when you were suffering, I would get your ticket for the bus to the bridge.

You were the most evil, wilful friggin' dog I've ever had, also the most rewarding, and definitely the smartest, with a PhD in everything.

You learned tricks while the ads were on TV. You were immensely brave, you had the nerve of a lion, but the gentleness of a bunny. You were the understudy of your Heroine, Nina, and when she passed you assumed the mantle of boss. You didn't allow any fighting or swearing, there would be no inter breed sex. Any boy dog wishing t o do bad things with girl dogs of another breed were soundly dressed down - how you could tell one breed from another, I have no idea. All the other dogs were your responsibility. If they were sick, you sat with them, if there was a problem I didn't know about you told me. If they ignored the rules, you growled at them or otherwise punished them.

I came home one afternoon to find one little soul had left us - you had been sitting with her, waiting for me to come home, and keeping the other dogs away -- not that they would have hurt the litttle body, but "not respectful" you said. When I got home you showed me where she was, and tried to tell me what happened, and were the chief mourner, coffin bearer, and hymn singer

You sat with anyone who died until I got home, no matter who they were, and how well you knew them - possums, cats etc. as well as the very occasional dog.

You didn't sit with birds, you simply ate them!! Sometimes when we were out walking, you'd slip off, and return with a (dead) bird, upholding your lineage. A retriever to the end. Strangely, you didn't eat the ones you retrieved :)

Unfortunately, you also sat under the bushes, and pounced on the doves who landed near you.

Your chief responsibility in life was my welfare, you were my guardian and carer. You inspected all shopping bags "hmm, frozen juice, you should have fresh", "oh, I don't know about this type of cheese". "Wow that top looks expensive, can you afford that?".

When I was sick, you sat on the bed, and provided company good cheer, a willing ear, and warmed my feet.

You understood every single word. You greeted a breeder friend who was sitting on the lounge by putting your feet on the lounge - she said "Magnus, what are you doing with your feet on the lounge?" You looked into her face, and very deliberately moved each foot at a time, from the lounge onto her leg - and smiled!! She nearly fell about laughing, and uses that as an illustration of the intelligent of the cocker spaniel!

If the laundry window was not locked, you climbed into the dog bath, through the window, and raided the joint. I remember coming home one day and finding you had taken 500g of butter, a loaf of bread, some chocolate all the empty dog mince packets, 1/2 kg of liver treats into the lounge, smeared it over the leather couches and eaten it. You couldn't escape,so there you were sitting in the lounge, pretending to be some kind of exotic, hairy, burping ottoman, eyes screwed shut full of illegal, stolen food. If you couldnt see me, I couldn't see you.

You ran fearlessly at the 2 dingoes who were intent on attacking me on the property, as soon as you saw them. Luckily, Nina was behind you, and the muscle she provided when she ramped it up and ran at them roaring with you was enough to scare them away - what would have happened if she hadn't been with you, I hate to think. Maybe they would have run off anyhow. I know for sure if you hadn't been there, I would have been attacked.

So perhaps I owe you my life - certainly I owe you a lack of injury.

You guarded the car, and anyone who put their fingers in it to pat you got nipped!!

You were The Best Cocker Spaniel In The World on Dogzonline, a fearless intrepid hunter of the little blue men, romancer of lady dogs, love of Evie's life, friend of Wundahoo, Sags, Daryl, Val et al

Just the very best dog anyone could hope to be blessed with.

I glorify the 11 1/2 years I had you. There will never be another Maggie. :laugh::) I'll see you again one day, my main man.

Edited by Jed

oh Jed, I was waiting for this one :laugh:

Good bye dear Magnus :laugh: what a star you were on DOL and now shining bright in the sky. I loved to read your stories - TBCSITW was legendary.

Jed my thoughts are still with you, losing these beloveds is so hard.. but where/what/who would we be without them having touched our lives.

Look out for Diesel, Magnus - he is new up there and will need a guiding paw.

oh Jed, my heart goes out to you :laugh: every dog makes a place in our hearts, but I think Magnus holds a very special place. He was one of a kind and such a grand little man who will always be remembered by many of us I am sure. A fabulous boy with so many wonderful tales to tell.

I enjoyed reading your tribute to him, with tears rolling down my face and a smile and giggle at his intelligence, cheeky antics and bravery.

:laugh: Run free beautiful Mr Magnus, make sure you keep everyone in line, and have fun chancing those birds :)

what a truely MAGNIFICENT tribute for a truely MAGNIFICENT dog soul! it is surely true that these are angel- creatures of good, spirits of love, and messengerss- who have put aside their wings to spend some time with us and thru their being we become better ourselves... Magnus was most assuredly one of those bright creatures .. sent to adorn your days and bring joy to your heart with the memories you made together..

Vale dear Magnus... your memory will live forever

H

Oh god I am glad I'm alone in the office right now. The laughs in that stunning obituary were choked through tears and sobs.

What a funny, charismatic, cheeky, clever boy. Vale Magnus :laugh: Don't worry we'll look after your mum :laugh:

Oh goodness Jed. What a fabulous tribute to your gorgeous man. I sat reading, grinning with tears running down my face. He certainly was a character. He will be watching over you still - of that I have no doubt. Run free Magnus.

Jed - I'm pleased to hear your burns are looking better. Sorry to hear the pain relief is making you feel ordinary but you're right - rather have the seediness than the pain.

Giant, gentle :laugh: to you this morning.

oh Jed, my heart goes out to you :laugh: every dog makes a place in our hearts, but I think Magnus holds a very special place. He was one of a kind and such a grand little man who will always be remembered by many of us I am sure. A fabulous boy with so many wonderful tales to tell.

I enjoyed reading your tribute to him, with tears rolling down my face and a smile and giggle at his intelligence, cheeky antics and bravery.

:laugh: Run free beautiful Mr Magnus, make sure you keep everyone in line, and have fun chancing those birds :)

Ditto!! I'm crying too much to type anything worthwhile.

My thoughts are with you Jed. So glad you have this forum to share your thoughts and feelings about your beloved kids

Ditto!! I'm crying too much to type anything worthwhile.

My thoughts are with you Jed. So glad you have this forum to share your thoughts and feelings about your beloved kids

:) RIP Magnus

My thoughts go out to you Jed xxxx

Thought I would share another favourite quote with you Jed. Needing so much time to get your health back when you just want your life back must be hell.

This is one I shared with a few of my friends after Feb 7.

The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief

But the pain of grief is only a shadow when compared with the pain of never risking love.

Hilary Stanton Zunin

Gosh, that quote is so touching, covered in goosebumps right now and my eyes are tearing.

Cannot wait for the day when you are totally free of pain, Jed. You were heroic in trying to save your furbabies, kudos to you girl.

I knew I shouldn't of popped in here in my lunch break from work, now my eyes are all teary and red. :laugh: I'll tell em I have hay fever ! :laugh: Jed you truly are a very remarkable woman and I'm sure you've heard this many times but with your way with words and your beautiful tribute to your darling but a bit wicked Magnus you should write a book about your animals and their little quirks etc it would be a best seller world wide.

Jed I hope you continue to be stronger each day and the pain is getting less, thanks for sharing such a beautiful story he truly was a very unique dog.

Edited by mutt lover