Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) Jed <I havnt read yr tribute to Mangus TBCSINTW,I simply cant bing myself to ,I know the pain of losing a heart dog (cocker )They r so very very special ,my heart aches for u ,words cannot express ,but he will be in your heart forever ,wrap yrself in the blanket of devotion & love u felt for each other & heal for him ,hes watching over u .,Along with your other loved ones .

I got about 3 words into your tribute and starteed crying...then started laughing, then started crying again. I'm still crying now.

RIP Magnus...you were certainly one in a million. We only knew you through DOL, but many of us feel pain at yor passing, although nowhere near the extent of your Mum of course. Look after all your brothers and sisters at the Bridge and keep everyone in line.

Jed, I am so, so sorry. How you felt about Magnus was so evident in every one of your posts, although none more so than that last post from you. I can't fathom losing what you have and still standing. You are an incredible, inspirational woman.

I need tissues. Lots of them. And a good stiff drink.

Magnusinhatandglasses.jpg

Magnus23July06.jpg

:cry: Magnus

You failed your 7 week vet check because of your horrible double sided heart murmur. The pet shop asked if I would like a cocker to play with till the 12 week vac and check when it was expected that you would be found to be ok. I missed the last of my cockers, the irreplacable Flora, so I thought a baby cocker to play with for a few weeks would be great fun.

Alas, you failed that too. The "breeder" was happy to take you back, but I had a nasty feeling that your future would be short. I offered to take you, if what I suspected was what was actually going to happen.

My suspicions were correct, so you stayed. The veterinary prognosis was simple - "expect anything - he may live to be 5 or 6, or he may live for 3 months".

I promised that I would give you the very best home possible for as long as you were healthy, and when you were suffering, I would get your ticket for the bus to the bridge.

You were the most evil, wilful friggin' dog I've ever had, also the most rewarding, and definitely the smartest, with a PhD in everything.

You learned tricks while the ads were on TV. You were immensely brave, you had the nerve of a lion, but the gentleness of a bunny. You were the understudy of your Heroine, Nina, and when she passed you assumed the mantle of boss. You didn't allow any fighting or swearing, there would be no inter breed sex. Any boy dog wishing t o do bad things with girl dogs of another breed were soundly dressed down - how you could tell one breed from another, I have no idea. All the other dogs were your responsibility. If they were sick, you sat with them, if there was a problem I didn't know about you told me. If they ignored the rules, you growled at them or otherwise punished them.

I came home one afternoon to find one little soul had left us - you had been sitting with her, waiting for me to come home, and keeping the other dogs away -- not that they would have hurt the litttle body, but "not respectful" you said. When I got home you showed me where she was, and tried to tell me what happened, and were the chief mourner, coffin bearer, and hymn singer

You sat with anyone who died until I got home, no matter who they were, and how well you knew them - possums, cats etc. as well as the very occasional dog.

You didn't sit with birds, you simply ate them!! Sometimes when we were out walking, you'd slip off, and return with a (dead) bird, upholding your lineage. A retriever to the end. Strangely, you didn't eat the ones you retrieved :eek:

Unfortunately, you also sat under the bushes, and pounced on the doves who landed near you.

Your chief responsibility in life was my welfare, you were my guardian and carer. You inspected all shopping bags "hmm, frozen juice, you should have fresh", "oh, I don't know about this type of cheese". "Wow that top looks expensive, can you afford that?".

When I was sick, you sat on the bed, and provided company good cheer, a willing ear, and warmed my feet.

You understood every single word. You greeted a breeder friend who was sitting on the lounge by putting your feet on the lounge - she said "Magnus, what are you doing with your feet on the lounge?" You looked into her face, and very deliberately moved each foot at a time, from the lounge onto her leg - and smiled!! She nearly fell about laughing, and uses that as an illustration of the intelligent of the cocker spaniel!

If the laundry window was not locked, you climbed into the dog bath, through the window, and raided the joint. I remember coming home one day and finding you had taken 500g of butter, a loaf of bread, some chocolate all the empty dog mince packets, 1/2 kg of liver treats into the lounge, smeared it over the leather couches and eaten it. You couldn't escape,so there you were sitting in the lounge, pretending to be some kind of exotic, hairy, burping ottoman, eyes screwed shut full of illegal, stolen food. If you couldnt see me, I couldn't see you.

You ran fearlessly at the 2 dingoes who were intent on attacking me on the property, as soon as you saw them. Luckily, Nina was behind you, and the muscle she provided when she ramped it up and ran at them roaring with you was enough to scare them away - what would have happened if she hadn't been with you, I hate to think. Maybe they would have run off anyhow. I know for sure if you hadn't been there, I would have been attacked.

So perhaps I owe you my life - certainly I owe you a lack of injury.

You guarded the car, and anyone who put their fingers in it to pat you got nipped!!

You were The Best Cocker Spaniel In The World on Dogzonline, a fearless intrepid hunter of the little blue men, romancer of lady dogs, love of Evie's life, friend of Wundahoo, Sags, Daryl, Val et al

Just the very best dog anyone could hope to be blessed with.

I glorify the 11 1/2 years I had you. There will never be another Maggie. :(:rofl: I'll see you again one day, my main man.

What a lovely tribute, Jed. Glad to have you back with us.

Well, we all knew Magnus' tribute was coming soon. :rofl::eek:

Jed, thank you for allowing to share a small part of yours and Maggies' times together. I actually feel like I know the little man with your colorful and vivid story telling.

He was so very special. :(

Magnus, fly free sweet, cheeky lad. :cry:

Jed, I am glad to hear you are improving and feeling less pain.

:rofl: Oh dog, just caught up here again in time for Magnus's tribute :cry:

I have an aching heart just reading about him Jed, I can't even begin to imagine your pain.

:( you continue to humble & inspire me with your spirit, words and strength :)

Just making another coffee here, anyone want one ?

fifi

Just back from hols in Vietnam and have logged on to catch up.

It is soooo wonderful to hear Jed is back on line and continuing on the recovery process :(

( Maybe all those prayers at the many temples we visited helped ... )

Your tributes to all your precious babies were beautiful and heartfelt - especially to Magnus. :rofl:

Sending continued healing vibes to you - you are a brave and courageous person.

I think the water shortages all over OZ have just been solved!

Jed, thank you for sharing your love for Mr Magnus. Like everyone else I was waiting for this post & in a way dreading it.

When it came, words fail me - so beautiful!

I'm a sodden mess too!

Really hope your burns are starting to heal and you'll soon be feeling much better.

Look after yourself

Barb and Pippa xxx

:laugh: Jed <I havnt read yr tribute to Mangus TBCSINTW,I simply cant bing myself to ,I know the pain of losing a heart dog (cocker )They r so very very special ,my heart aches for u ,words cannot express ,but he will be in your heart forever ,wrap yrself in the blanket of devotion & love u felt for each other & heal for him ,hes watching over u .,Along with your other loved ones .

Oh CL I've just read this and started off again! You know some of Jed's pain, thinking of you too xxx