Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

I don't know what to say....

I haven't posted a lot but i read every day and Jed is such a wonderful wealth of knowledge and wisdom.

I can't believe someone so wonderful has had this happen to them.

Run free babies and stay strong Jed, we need you back.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just delivered hard feed for the ponies and met Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_rescue and her Dad :cry:

No wonder Kyla QCR was in tears, it is just devastating. :rofl:

No sign of Magnus.

Burpengary is a little far from Magnus's home, but if FTPO can send me the posters I can distribute them to businesses in the vicinity of his home.

good on you Hes, Kyla/Kyla's Dad :( I can only imagine how devestating it must be from the footage, in person it would just be so awful especially to those that are close with Jane and her family :cry:

OMG I've only just read all this. Words fail me

As many others have said, well done everyone helping out, DOL is a very very special place, and you are very special people. I feel honoured to be part of this fantastic community

There will be one more praying for Jed and the surviving animals, especially Magnus. All our combined prayers HAVE to make a difference, surely.

:( to eveyrone involved.

Have just delivered hard feed for the ponies and met Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_rescue and her Dad :cry:

No wonder Kyla QCR was in tears, it is just devastating. :rofl:

No sign of Magnus.

Burpengary is a little far from Magnus's home, but if FTPO can send me the posters I can distribute them to businesses in the vicinity of his home.

Certainly I can email you a draft if you want to pm me your email addy as well I can drive up and give a bunch of them printed in colour once I have the go ahead.

I am happy to also put up posters tonight around the area :(

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

Have just delivered hard feed for the ponies and met Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_rescue and her Dad :rofl:

No wonder Kyla QCR was in tears, it is just devastating. :(

No sign of Magnus.

thank You

Steve are they sure Magnus wasnt injured? If he was injured in the fire he could be laying out in the scrub somewhere..

No one knows if he was injured or not.He took off before he could be examined.

Julie

Harminee, that is absolutely beautiful. (Just a spelling error - Magnus, not Mangus). Really gorgeous though.

Huge thanks to Kyla, Marg, Lesley and all those doing so much to help Jed and her much loved animals. :(

It sounds as if the death toll may be much higher than originally thought. If she had at least 20 cavs and only 8 survived, thats 12 cavs alone... plus 3 boxer pups plus an unknown number of adult boxers.

Its jsut horrific :( I am having trouble wrapping my mind around losing that many dogs all at once, not to mention years of blood sweat and tears breeding them. I cant even begin to imagine how Jed is going to feel when she is conscious. I dont know how you would ever receover psychologically from that kind of loss :rofl:

Yes, this has all been churning through my mind too and, depending on how much of the house was destroyed, all the records, trophies, ribbons.

Totally shattering, so incomprehensible.

It sounds as if the death toll may be much higher than originally thought. If she had at least 20 cavs and only 8 survived, thats 12 cavs alone... plus 3 boxer pups plus an unknown number of adult boxers.

Its jsut horrific :( I am having trouble wrapping my mind around losing that many dogs all at once, not to mention years of blood sweat and tears breeding them. I cant even begin to imagine how Jed is going to feel when she is conscious. I dont know how you would ever receover psychologically from that kind of loss :rofl:

Yes, this has all been churning through my mind too and, depending on how much of the house was destroyed, all the records, trophies, ribbons.

Totally shattering, so incomprehensible.

And that is the word for it isn't it? So difficult to comprehend.

if it is worthwhile contacting newspapers to do some sort of story etc please pm me or i can pm the relevant people

Thanks for the offer Cody, I am writing a media release and liaising with Julie about dealing with media enquiries. :(

Is it possible to have the dogs IDed before they are buried so when Jane comes home she knows who is who and where, I know it may not be possible but it would be nice if they could have seperate graves. :(

I have this mental image of them being placed together side by side and buried as a family as that is how they died.. as a family.

The grave site could have bushes and flowering shurbs planted around the edges with the plaque/plaques. Maybe a little stone statue that represents each breed she had

It will be initially quite a tragic place for Jane to be, but with time and the shrubs develope, I think she could find some comfort knowing her babies have somewhere beautiful to sleep

Dear Jed,

I don't know you personally, but have read your posts and respect your opinions and input. We are so very sorry to hear of the loss of many of your family members. :rofl:

ACDR will make a donation of course, but if there is anything else we can do, we will.

Thank you also to MDBA Pacers :( Amazing, inspiring and caring work Steve, which will have a major positive impact on Jed's tragic situation. Indeed, thank you ALL the DOLers who have pulled together to help.

Sending you healing energy brave Jed. Bravery in the face of adversity is such an admirable quality. Please get well soon.

Magnus, please show yourself, your Mum needs you!

Sharon

ACDR

P.S. Although small, there will be another donation made in honour of you courage Jed. Sent with love from a from a big rescued Appaloosa who's name is WW Bravado - aka Brave.

Another here who doesn't know what to say or do.

But wanting to show my love and support.

I have just transferred a little donation to MBDA Pacers towards the things that Jed and her family may need.

Thanks to the DOL community for helping when there is someone in need - it is truly touching.

I have this mental image of them being placed together side by side and buried as a family

That's my image as well. All resting together .... :(

Hopefully Jed will be able to decide for herself how she wants this to occur.

I think its important, in our eagerness to assist, that we don't make choices Jed may wish to make for herself.

Edited by poodlefan