Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

This might sound a bit airy fairy but could we all send healing light and love to both Magnus and Jed (imagine a golden light enveloping each of them filled with love and hope). I believe Magnus will be found - he is very scared and remember he has also lost his family so will be grieving himself.

Personally I don't think we should be making plans for memorials etc. I know that people just want to do something nice for Jed but it is such a personal thing. I understand that those that have passed will need to be buried carefully and thoughtfully and I am sure that this has been/will be done in consultation with Jed's family. Compiling photos from the forum is lovely as most (all?) mementos would have been lost but actual physical memorials or grave sites should really be left to Jed and those who are closest to her. Just my opinion and sorry if I have offended anyone.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking out loud here, has anyone been in touch with canine council QLD ?

It might be a good idea for them to have the basics, ie the banking details and the addy for cards, and a contact person or web addy for the MDBA for statements / media / dog people to get updates. ect.

And a few real facts, as I've noticed on a few groups / mailing lists that the facts are becoming a bit frayed with the re-telling.

fifi

Wendy or Steve, could you send a press release to CCCQ too please ?

fifi

Personally I don't think we should be making plans for memorials etc. I know that people just want to do something nice for Jed but it is such a personal thing. I understand that those that have passed will need to be buried carefully and thoughtfully and I am sure that this has been/will be done in consultation with Jed's family. Compiling photos from the forum is lovely as most (all?) mementos would have been lost but actual physical memorials or grave sites should really be left to Jed and those who are closest to her. Just my opinion and sorry if I have offended anyone.

Totally agree, Jed has always been a very private person, rather than buying memorials, donate to the MDBA / pacers and then Jed can decide how she would like to memorialise her family.

fifi

This might sound a bit airy fairy but could we all send healing light and love to both Magnus and Jed (imagine a golden light enveloping each of them filled with love and hope). I believe Magnus will be found - he is very scared and remember he has also lost his family so will be grieving himself.

Oh sorry if i gave that impression, it wasn't my intention.. it was more of a reply to the previous post.

I totally agree, this is something that Jane ( or her family) will decide.. I guess I was just thinking aloud.

Sorry if it offended anyone

Edited by ~Harminee~

Hopefully Jed will be able to decide for herself how she wants this to occur.

I think its important, in our eagerness to assist, that we don't make choices Jed may wish to make for herself.

Agreed! :( Just thinking out loud ..sorry.

I have this mental image of them being placed together side by side and buried as a family

That's my image as well. All resting together .... :cry:

I think its important, in our eagerness to assist, that we don't make choices Jed may wish to make for herself.

Yes, it is such a personal thing and we don't know if Jed wants to return home/rebuild there. Quite a few fire victims find it incredibly difficult to restart their lives in the same place where so much devastation took place and move away entirely. It is traumatic enough to return to a burn't out home where all your possessions are now ashe, letalone dealing with any loss of life, human or animal at the property. No doubt those closest to Jed will take care of things whilst her body mends. :(:rofl:

Oh sorry if i gave that impression, it wasn't my intention.. it was more of a reply to the previous post.

I totally agree, this is something that Jane ( or her family) will decide.. I guess I was just thinking aloud.

:( Of course you havn't offended anyone Harminee, you are one of DOL's most caring and thoughtful people :rofl:

I think yours is a lovely idea, it just might be better to wait for Jed's imput before we act.

fifi xxxx

sorry guys - didn't mean to make you feel bad :( I just know that if I had lost so many, or even just one, I would want to do something very special to ME and my loved ones. Remembering and how to commemorate a loved one is so personal that's all.

V.A.H. was very upset to hear this awful news and sends her love and prayers to Jane , is just wishing she could be closer to help more—praying for speedy recovery” Thanks again

Val xxoo

It seems there may have been another boxer but we aren't sure yet and wont be able to sort that out for a few days.

The bodies - with the exception of the 2 adult boxers and 3 boxer pups are too badly burned to be able to attempt to identify them.

The birds are also dead and so too one of her cats.

It seems there may have been another boxer but we aren't sure yet and wont be able to sort that out for a few days.

The bodies - with the exception of the 2 adult boxers and 3 boxer pups are too badly burned to be able to attempt to identify them.

Jane had 3 boxer bitches and the litter. :(

Thats what I was afraid of.

There was Roxy, Beth and my brain is too numb to recall the third one.

But yep the 3 bitches and the litter.

There was Roxy, Beth and my brain is too numb to recall the third one.

But yep the 3 bitches and the litter.

Nina

Totally agree, Jed has always been a very private person, rather than buying memorials, donate to the MDBA / pacers and then Jed can decide how she would like to memorialise her family.

fifi

Agreed! :cry: Just thinking out loud ..sorry.

:rofl: Of course you havn't offended anyone Harminee, you are one of DOL's most caring and thoughtful people :cry:

I think yours is a lovely idea, it just might be better to wait for Jed's imput before we act.

fifi xxxx

All really excellent points, I am so sorry I never stopped to consider Jed's opinion of a memorial plaque, she might not want to do it at all and I would totally understand that. Got way ahead of myself and will put all plans on hold for this indefinitely at this stage. :(

Nina

So none of them made it out alive? (except a few of the babies) :rolleyes:

In the footage of the pups, the white one was breathing a little hard too. Are they ok?

This just keeps getting worse. How absolutely awful.