Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

All really excellent points, I am so sorry I never stopped to consider Jed's opinion of a memorial plaque, she might not want to do it at all and I would totally understand that. Got way ahead of myself and will put all plans on hold for this indefinitely at this stage. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone needs to apologise for wanting to DO things that they think might help. It is feeling so goddamned helpless and knowing that we aren't going to wake up and find it a dreadful nightmare and nothing will ever wipe away the dreadful loss that Jed, her family and friends are going to wake up to each morning.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All really excellent points, I am so sorry I never stopped to consider Jed's opinion of a memorial plaque, she might not want to do it at all and I would totally understand that. Got way ahead of myself and will put all plans on hold for this indefinitely at this stage. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone needs to apologise for wanting to DO things that they think might help. It is feeling so goddamned helpless and knowing that we aren't going to wake up and find it a dreadful nightmare and nothing will ever wipe away the dreadful loss that Jed, her family and friends are going to wake up to each morning.

Totally agree, it's lovely that people want to help, and do something nice.

But I agree that Jed, or her closest family should make the ultimate decision about the memorial. Goodness knows it will be hard to set back foot in the place that would hold so many traumatic memories. Hopefully she can, one day, but if not perhaps she may not want her fur family laid to rest there.

I just got off the phone to my Mum, who had seen this nightmare on the news. She cried as she was telling me about what she saw... just goes to show, you don't even need to know someone in ANY way to share their grief, loss and sadness.

For the bodies that are too badly burnt to identify, is it possible to scan for a microchip?

I gues it may be possible, if the chip was not to badly damaged?? I guess you could always give it a go and see.

Can I just say, I feel honoured and privelleged to be part of a community that when push comes to shove, we all gravitate together and pull as a beautifully oiled machine.

Distance is no barrier, cause each of us does something to help.

Can I please ask that everyone looks out for each other for signs of stress, because even though most of us are not there, it can and does affect you

(( I had to take time away from doing Rainbow Bridge Portraits due to the Victoria Bush Fires... I was that stressed with it all, and i wasn't even there, I just did sticker. ))

Ok I have printed off 100 colour posters - does someone what to meet me at Cabooluture or something to start putting them up??? I hope to be there between 5 & 5:30pm and am happy to meet anyone any where!

PS Leaving work at Eagle Farm at 4 pm!

EDIT - Miss BeRidgierent, Goldielover, Addicted2Gold, Leah1982 and OwnedbyGoldens have my mobile number should anyone require it and I will email ti to Steve as well as Hesapandabear.

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

Ok I have printed off 100 colour posters - does someone what to meet me at Cabooluture or something to start putting them up??? I hope to be there between 5 & 5:30pm and am happy to meet anyone any where!

Gee, I wish I could be there. I know all these places being mentioned :rolleyes:

Gee, I wish I could be there. I know all these places being mentioned :o

oh hon - don't stress :rolleyes: see I can't afford to make a donation this week, so this is all I can contribute for now so that's why I need to do this :rofl:

This is the first time I've contributed to any of these threads.

I've got other things of my own piling high in my life at the moment, but Jed is in my thoughts, as are the people who are doing to much to get the situation under control.

Good on you DOLers...yet again when there is a crisis, you are rock solid!

all the gear that was donated by Deals Direct - do you think that Jane herself may need it to start again rather than raffling it etc. Other things she may not need would be good for raffles but dog beds etc etc she'll need when she is released.....

I think that's a really good idea, you're right, she will require those things...

But with the money, she can purchase what she needs (size, style, type and quality).

I agree.

Me too - also don't the auctions usually raise over the value of the items anyway?

Gee, I wish I could be there. I know all these places being mentioned :o

oh hon - don't stress :rolleyes: see I can't afford to make a donation this week, so this is all I can contribute for now so that's why I need to do this :rofl:

I wish you all the best tonight - let's hope you can come back with some hopeful news :rofl:

PS. It is a wonderful, hands on, helpful contribution.

But with the money, she can purchase what she needs (size, style, type and quality).

Yes but she probably isn't going to feel like going out and making purchases in the beginning so to have a few crates and beds waiting there on stand-by would be a good option :rolleyes:

Edited by Aziah

She's likely to be in hospital (and probably homeless) for some time given the extent or her injuries and the damage to the house. In the short term the money would probably be better to fund the care of the animals in the current locations. They don't really need beds etc, but they do need food and veterinary care.