Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word "comfortable" was used to describe Jed's updated condition, and this may have been why some people thought this meant she was awake. Understandably, readers may not see how doctors and nurses can tell Jed is comfortable is she is unconscious/heavily sedated?

When I read the update, I noted this, but did not assume she was awake, as I realised the word comfortable may not have been used in the literal sense.

I can understand some may have been confused, but we do need to be careful about not jumping to conclusions.

I am certain (as we all are) no one has meant any harm. :rofl:

i am a bit worried to ask this but does Jed fully know/understand what has happened? and if she doesn't is there a councellor that can be on standby to assist both Jed and the people who are explaining the situation to her? is this appropriate and or something the hospital can organise?

just thinking out loud because we have all of our faculties and are finding this hard to deal with and Jed may be unaware of what is going on.

Jed has no clue of what has happened and is under heavy - very heavy sedation. She has no idea anyone is even with her . The family are covering that side of things.

Jed has no clue of what has happened and is under heavy - very heavy sedation. She has no idea anyone is even with her . The family are covering that side of things.

:rofl::cry: ;) Oh, just thought of what she's facing has brought tears again.

Stay strong Jed, and keep improving.

fifi

i am a bit worried to ask this but does Jed fully know/understand what has happened? and if she doesn't is there a councellor that can be on standby to assist both Jed and the people who are explaining the situation to her? is this appropriate and or something the hospital can organise?

just thinking out loud because we have all of our faculties and are finding this hard to deal with and Jed may be unaware of what is going on.

txs Steve, thats what i thought. my sincerest support to those who are dealing with this side of this tragedy.

I have certain household items which Jane is more than welcome to, when the time comes to re-establish herself...

namely side by side fridge/freezer, a couple of pantry style wardrobes, and cane lounge setting ... plus a couple of single bed inner spring mattresses in fair condition.

I'm in Burpengary, close to where her home was ...

Poor Jane ... get well soon :rofl:

If a group is going up one weekend to do a clean/clear up of the property i might be able to help, even if just for one day over a weekend. Does the family think Jed will want to return to the property?

I haven't been on this forum very long but have been reading all the responses in the "Jed" threads. I would like to say that you are all very special people for what you are doing and the care you are showing to someone that a lot of you don't even know.

All my best wishes to Jed and her surviving dogs

Guest belgian.blue

Only heard about this sad news this morning from Chicken .. I don't have any words to add apart from I'm just amazed at what a fantastic job the Dol community is doing for Jed and her family.

You're all beautiful people :rofl:

Healing puppy vibes from Ivy and Badger x

Steve - could you please pass on a message to who ever might be going to Jane's place tomorrow or even this evening that I tied the remainder of the posters (inside a plastic bag) to the street sign for Ellwood Drive and put as many up as I could in Bellmere and on Kings Street - I hope it helps to find the gorgeous old boy Magnus :rofl:

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

Kitkat and others who have offered to help clean up,. THANKS for your offers. :cry: PLEASE contact Steve/Julie first, she will know what the family need in the way of help. No doubt investigators will want to be there first after Jed is well enough to answer some questions.

Seeing all "first hand" today with Kayla QCR was a liitle upsetting to say the least. :rofl:

JulesP, if needed we will take the ponies here. We are approx. 25 minutes from Jed's and have the space, plus can give them the attention/company they may require.

Again, up to Jed's family, in consulation with Steve/Julie.