Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

I havnt posted yet because I just havnt any idea what to say...

Im only new here so I have to say I dont know Jed at all, but from what people have said she is certainly one of the most popular and most respected posters here, I wish I could make a donation but its not possible this week, maybe next week as I should be getting an extra allowance on my wage

Im in Brisbane so if there is any help needed with the care of her dogs I can foster one of her little Cavs until Jed is better, Id really like to do something to help

Fly free to the puppies who didnt make it...it would have been horrible for them to suffer through that... not being able to find a way out, and I hope Magnus is found soon, it seems that he is the favourite of all the dogs who Jed loved so much, I only hope he is found so he can help her recover from her ordeal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't get my head around the tragedy of all this... it's my worst nightmare as a dog owner. I get chills down my spine just trying to comprehend the magnitude of losing 12 of your beloved furkids in one tragic hour. My very best thoughts are heading Jed's way that she makes a full physical recovery from her own injuries - and that the inevitable emotional scars she will suffer will also become less painful over time.

I do not know Jed personally, but as a regular DOL addict, I have read her postings on many topics - and she always makes sense, never gets into "fights" about the silly stuff, and is always there with the best workable advice whenever anyone needs it. The light will be dimmer in here until she comes back to us...

Now, as some of you may already suspect, I have a slight problem with giving "respect" to others - especially faceless and nameless people in the ether of an internet forum... but Jed is one person that immediately had, and will always have, my utmost respect. She personifies dignity and levelheadedness in this crazy old world that we live in.

I once said to my mother that she made me a better person just because I know her... and I also think Jed is one of those people...

T.

Excellent news Toohey.

We so appreciate you popping in to keep us all updated...

at least I feel sure I can say "we"

I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

:rofl: Another of the 'we' here who thank those close to Jed for the updates :cry:

fifi

Hi guys, have just had an update from Caitlin.

At this stage Jane is NO worse and her condition has stabilised which is very good news. She is still ventilated and quite swollen around the face, is heavily sedated and still unable to communicate. There are no signs of infection at this stage which is also good news.

She will be going to surgery tomorrow to have her burns debrided and dressed. Depending on how that goes, she may be able to be extubated in the next day or two.

Fingers crossed, keep the candles burning, and keep the healing thoughts coming. The support has been phenomenal and means a lot to those who are close to Jane.

Thats good news, her biggest risk at the moment is infection...hopefully she can keep clear of that

Hi guys, have just had an update from Caitlin.

At this stage Jane is NO worse and her condition has stabilised which is very good news. She is still ventilated and quite swollen around the face, is heavily sedated and still unable to communicate. There are no signs of infection at this stage which is also good news.

She will be going to surgery tomorrow to have her burns debrided and dressed. Depending on how that goes, she may be able to be extubated in the next day or two.

Fingers crossed, keep the candles burning, and keep the healing thoughts coming. The support has been phenomenal and means a lot to those who are close to Jane.

That is really good news!

You keep fighting Jed :cry::rofl: ;)

Hesapandabear - let me know if there is anything else I can possibly do ok! :eek: And take care!

Thanks so much for the update Toohey. Hopefully Jane will continue to progress in her recovery. Do hope Magnus comes home too safe & sound.

To all those in the "front line", take time to rest and recover too.

DOL is such a great "family". :rofl:

I'm sorry to have to say that Magnus has been found under Janes bed with the three boxers and the lovely black Cocker Meg, all obviously smoke inhalation and not burnt at all. They are being cremated seperatly tonight.

I'm sorry to have to say that Magnus has been found under Janes bed with the three boxers and the lovely black Cocker Meg, all obviously smoke inhalation and not burnt at all. They are being cremated seperatly tonight.

:cry:

Run free angels :rofl:

Oh no - not the result I had hoped for :rofl: Jed, your poor thing - this will cut deep.

Thanks Goldchow.

Edited by poodlefan