Shedding Dogs And Vacumes

kchogan

i plan to get a cav in the future but my problem is i need a vacume cleaner NOW. i was just woundering what type would be the best with dogs hair? as i rent i would need something that will pick it up off the carpet very well.

thanks in advance.

We have a Dyson. And shagpile carpet. Nothing compares to that Dyson with the turbo head. It is incredibly effective. When we vacuum with that, all the hair gets picked up. When the cleaner uses her own vacuum cleaner we get furry shagpile.

If price is a concern, you can try the Sanyo petcare vacuum cleaner. I bought it on sales at Target for about $130, RRP $199. I have a sheltie so this is Godsend for me at the moment. Would love to own a dyson in the future though!

Dyson with a turbo head but I just don't use it as often as I should-when I do use it it is wonderful. I have used other brands before this and did not believe that it was as good as people said.

I borrowed someones and it sold itself.

• 5 months later...
Wertheim with turbo head, gets the dog hair up really well.

I was doing a search on vacs and saw this post. My Wertheim is in at the repair place at the moment but it might not be repairable. ( :thumbsup: ) I have found it fantastic for vacuuming up Labrador sheddings.

I might have to buy a new one and am wondering about another Wertheim or switching to Dyson. I had a look at the Dysons in a store today (I want a motorised head) and I was not all that impressed. I was looking at the DC23 and it seems so clumsy with the thick handle. Maybe I could get used to it if the other features were good enough. I also thought it had too many bits sticking out, ie was not a very streamlined design and thought these might catch on things as one vacuums.

There is a new Wertheim bagless out for $300 less so I am considering that. It has a power head and like the Dyson, requires no replacement bags or filters etc. I was wondering if anyone here might have had experience with both brands and could say which they think is better. Is the Dyson suction really that good etc?

Edited by LabTested

I have a Dyson and Pugs. Pugs are notorious for shedding. The Dyson works well... I even use it on one of them.

I only use it on one of them because the others run away. :thumbsup:

And they didn't run away until half of the one being vacuumed disappeared up the nozzle ... lucky he was bigger than the tube, or he would have been a goner :rofl:

Another for Dyson with the turbo head.. it just plucks shepherd hair right out of the carpet. It's also amazing when you use it for the first time anywhere and see how much dirt it pulls out of the carpet- we used it on our rental house which had been 'professionally vacuumed'... I had to empty it twice to do one room!

Shop around as well... saved $80 on mine and surprisingly it wasn't the big name shops that gave the best deals.

Wertheim with turbo head, gets the dog hair up really well.

I was doing a search on vacs and saw this post. My Wertheim is in at the repair place at the moment but it might not be repairable. ( :laugh: ) I have found it fantastic for vacuuming up Labrador sheddings.

I might have to buy a new one and am wondering about another Wertheim or switching to Dyson. I had a look at the Dysons in a store today (I want a motorised head) and I was not all that impressed. I was looking at the DC23 and it seems so clumsy with the thick handle. Maybe I could get used to it if the other features were good enough. I also thought it had too many bits sticking out, ie was not a very streamlined design and thought these might catch on things as one vacuums.

There is a new Wertheim bagless out for $300 less so I am considering that. It has a power head and like the Dyson, requires no replacement bags or filters etc. I was wondering if anyone here might have had experience with both brands and could say which they think is better. Is the Dyson suction really that good etc?

I have the dyson DC23 with the turbo head and my only regret with it is that i didn't get it years ago. Best i have ever had. I have a dark blue rug in my lounge room and with 3 yellow Labs with gets covered in hair, the dyson sucks it up with out any effort. It's great with the cat hair as well.

Best money i ever spent. Makes cleaning a breeze.

Dyson - not sure which model but has the pet filter

I had my carpets cleaned at the rental I was leaving. They guy cleaning said I must of had a good vacuum - it wasn't dirty at all (he even showed me the 'dirty' water :laugh: )

Didn't have my dog at the time but did have my inside Burmese cat.

I love my Dyson