Noopy

Noopy has been out of surgery for 8 weeks and has done very well. :rofl: She has been able to eat her favourite food, My Dog Select Menue, in all the different flavours since she got home without any problem. I do make sure there are no large hard bits in there but other than that she is able to eat chunky bits, cooked pieces of moist chicken without any regurgitation or coughing.

I am very careful to make sure she dosn't get anywhere near any food that is very hard or sharp ie liver treats in case it was a problem, but other than that she is fine.

She does after drinking her milk get alot of wind and will burp and regurgitate a bit of the milk with her burp, but not bring the milk right up, just burp a bit up into her mouth and swallow it.

I am very happy with the results and hope this means after all this time she wont develop a stricture that will cause problems. I think we are nearly out of the woods and very surprised she has done so well since she had a piece of rotting bone 3cm by 3cm round stuck in her throat for 8 weeks!

Through all this she has been spoilt and molly-cottled and her life has taken a turn for the better.

I just can't believe the start of this year, and the stressful events surrounding all this that went on for that long, and cost us in 8 weeks a grand total of $3,800 dollors.

One of the first vets that didn't do the right thing by noopy and misdiagnosed her and caused a month of the 2 month delay denied to my husband she did anything wrong, and had the audacity to tell him I had asked for nothing but anti-biotics when I kept bringing noopy back and blamed me. :shrug: She couldn't admit she had not listened when I had asked her each time I came back if there might be something stuck in her throat, and she kept saying on her X-Rays all was clear, therefore it must be a scratch or infection in her throat, and eventually with patience anti-biotics would fix it!

Anyway it is all :thumbsup: and those two dangerous vets would be surprised :laugh: I think, if they were permitted to lay their eyes on noopy now, and see how shiny and healthy and unscathed she is, despite their cruelty and negligence.

Now I have to get together more money to put noopy's little male 10 year old chihuahua mate who has diabetes in to a vet to have his two canines removed and teeth cleaned. His two top canines are so rotten they are black right up into the gum line and causing him alot of pain, especially at nights. Since he is a severe diabetic we have to wait for a financial reprieve in another 4-5 weeks we are very worried. He has a good appetite and seems well but does suffer with pain and it looks bad :) If we could do it now we most certainly would. I don't know how he will handle an anaesthetic etc being a diabetic so that is also a big worry.

I'm very glad to hear the Noopy is recovering well! Thank goodnes the problem was figured out and fixed.

Best wishes to her little friend, I hope his surgery and recovery go really well too. :heart:

Edited by Saxonpup

Very happy to hear Noopy is doing so well!

I read with interest & concern your earlier postings about her, since my girl Hope went through something similar, though it wasn't drawn out for as long. She's three years past surgery and though she does have a slight stricture, and will always need to be fed carefully and supervised, it's become a way of life and I don't even think about it any more. She loves her meals and is as healthy as could be.

I wish you and Noopy all the best for her continued recovery!

Very happy to hear Noopy is doing so well!

I read with interest & concern your earlier postings about her, since my girl Hope went through something similar, though it wasn't drawn out for as long. She's three years past surgery and though she does have a slight stricture, and will always need to be fed carefully and supervised, it's become a way of life and I don't even think about it any more. She loves her meals and is as healthy as could be.

I wish you and Noopy all the best for her continued recovery!

Thankyou. I have noticed a few little worrying signs in these last few days, but they are only mild, like a little raspy wheeze like cough now and then, for no reason, and occassionaly, not always, a raspy type cough after drinking her milk. I once picked her up putting pressure on the area between the front legs where it must be narrowed, and she coughed badly. I now am careful to not put any pressure on that area at all.

Other than that, she seems very well.

I just hope the healing and damage has got as bad as it is going to get and from here I can do as you are and take good care of her. HOPE!

Pleased to hear that Noopy. My lad was going through the same thing and we haven't been as lucky. 7 weeks on and he has a stricture that means he will have to eat blended food for life. I am just thankful he is still here.

Pleased to hear that Noopy. My lad was going through the same thing and we haven't been as lucky. 7 weeks on and he has a stricture that means he will have to eat blended food for life. I am just thankful he is still here.

Cowanbree, I am so sorry! I may yet be doing the same, who knows. I get the my dog select menu's and get all the hard lumps out and just give noopy the soft parts. She does seem to do a fair amount of burping which is accompanied with regurgitation, but not to the extent of bringing up her food or fluid completely, just up into her mouth and back again with the burp, and then I don't know if it is alot or a little. I am worried abou it but aside from careful feeding and careful monitoring there is nothing I can do.

I have found that poaching a few eggs and just feeding her the yolk only on a spoon to bed an effective way to get extra protein and goodness into her diet as I am sure my dog select menu's aren't that good on their own.

I am going to look into ways to get more concentrated sources of soft food with higher nutritional value into her so as to support her health.

It is hard to know what to do with the food side of things when they arfe on these modified diets. Noopy is a 3 kg dog with neurotic eating problems anyway and now it is really hard to keep her interested in her food. She so much wants to eat a liver treat and pieces of real chicken and refuses to eat pureed food. She has always been a difficult eater and picky and now it is a real challenge

You are so right, thankful to have her still and at her age (11), still hoping to hav e her for a few more years. Lots of wishers for your lad to get healthier and better for each day ahead :laugh: