Anybody Feeding Artemis?

i just started my second bag and he likes it and all but just wanted to make sure what everybody else thought about it. i guess i made the right choice then, i was a bit unsure at first because not many people know what Artemis is and they look at me like im feeding him some cheap dog food so i thought ill check with everyone on here.

Thanks guys

Well, it's probably not a great help, but I started by girl on Artemis Power two days ago. It is obviously too early to tell how she'll go, but she's been pretty enthusiastic about it. She is not a dog to go nuts over dry food so I was rather pleased.

I was just about to buy a big bag of EP Holistic which I was quite happy with (and my dog liked it well enough) but then I got some Artemis samples in the mail and tried them so I look forward to seeing how it goes. I will buy a big bag of this instead I think, all going well over the next week or so. It seems like a great food (as was the EP), I just have to wait and see how it goes for my girl.

Edit - I can let you know how we go a little bit down the track if that is at all helpful.

Edited by Emm

I feed it, and have done since she was about 10 weeks. I have a sample bag of proplan in the cupboard and decided to use it up in her treat ball/kong this week and :) the gas is just awful.

Artemis on the other hand has been great, she really likes it, and it agrees with her digestive system a lot better :) Not cheap, but you don't need a huge amount, she's on 1.5 cups a day @ almost 1 year old.

Yep Artemis here too.. one of the best foods on the market and certainly not cheap! Winnie loves it, I did have her on Eagle Pack Holistic but I was not keen on the beet pulp & meal content and she does better on the Artemis :)

Well, it's probably not a great help, but I started by girl on Artemis Power two days ago. It is obviously too early to tell how she'll go, but she's been pretty enthusiastic about it. She is not a dog to go nuts over dry food so I was rather pleased.

I was just about to buy a big bag of EP Holistic which I was quite happy with (and my dog liked it well enough) but then I got some Artemis samples in the mail and tried them so I look forward to seeing how it goes. I will buy a big bag of this instead I think, all going well over the next week or so. It seems like a great food (as was the EP), I just have to wait and see how it goes for my girl.

Edit - I can let you know how we go a little bit down the track if that is at all helpful.

sure let me know, i wanna know as much as a i can learn about artemis. so far, so good. Another good thing is they sell it right next to where i live.

Yeah let me know please

Thanks

Samir

My dogs dont like it and their coats are awful on it but I appreciate that every dog has a food that suits them and it seems that Artemis isnt for us - the ingredients are great though.

I am going to try Nutro next as I want to keep their kibble wheat free

I tried my dogs on Artemis Maximal and it didn't suit them at all. Their poos were so soft that pickup time was a nightmare. It was also particularly smelly with a bad odour. Things didn't change after two large bags so I wouldn't buy it again but I wonder if the other Artemis products are better as there seem to be some good reports on this posting. Some have stated Osopure was used, perhaps this is better.

Unfortunately Artemis wasn't for us either.

I've just done about 7 weeks on it and have not been impressed at all. For starters, i didn't like the smell of it myself, it smells burnt or 'smoked,' i thought that was odd.. But it was the condition my boys ended up in that has made me feel that it's not the product for my dogs.

Fletcher lost a lot of conditioning, felt super skinny (which caught me by surprise, i spend a lot of time with him, groom him etc etc but still with that coat the change was gradual and i got quite a shock when i noticed!) he also had a muscle injury 5 weeks into the diet change which may or may not have been related to the diet itself, but the lack of condition couldn't have helped. He also didn't like it so i had to mix fresh mince or sardines in for him to eat it. He got itchy, began licking himself a lot and had dermatitis-y skin which he'd never had in the past.

Hugo, who is the kind of dog that just looks at food and puts on weight :laugh: ALSO started to look way too skinny - I like to keep my pug trim but this even worried me! I upped his portion to over half a cup a day which has just been unheard of for him... in the past if he got one more biccie than 1/3 of a cup of any other diet he put on weight!

I've just gone back and purchased a big bag of Advance which the boys were on before. They never had any troubles on it, i just thought i was doing the right thing changing to what sounded like the perfect dry diet. Just didn't do my boys any good, every dog certainly does have different needs and for my dogs it's not Artemis...