How To Tidy Up The Endless Supply Of Doggy Stuff ...

Tilly

I am currently doing a clean-up around the house ... and I keep find endless amounts of doggy stuff all through out the house and garage. So I have decided I need to put it all together.

There is absolutely heaps of leads, collars, some doggy coats, lots of tug and various other toys.

I am kind of thinking along the lines of getting an old wardrobe (to keep the dust out) with shelving and then using the inside of the door for hanging leads ... but I need some inspiration.

Please show me your set-up ...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Pandii

I have 1/2 my laundry cupboard for the dogs, plastic tubs on each shelf, with doggies stuff sorted into each tub

Too much wine to go and take a photo :happydance2:

Edward has a cupboard in the kitchen. Stuff is in tubs like Pandii - like treats, leads/collars, brushes/combs, medication etc. Visitors love the way Edward goes to the cupboard, bangs the door and prances around til I get him a treat. I get up of course :D

Mind you I still seem to have stuff all over the house - toys, toys and more toys :laugh:

:D do you really wanna see, I am already known as the crazy dog lady if I show you I will be known as the crazy hording dog lady :laugh: I have recently done a tidy up too, so much stuff just chucked in cupboards.

I am currently doing a clean-up around the house ... and I keep find endless amounts of doggy stuff all through out the house and garage. So I have decided I need to put it all together.

There is absolutely heaps of leads, collars, some doggy coats, lots of tug and various other toys.

I am kind of thinking along the lines of getting an old wardrobe (to keep the dust out) with shelving and then using the inside of the door for hanging leads ... but I need some inspiration.

Please show me your set-up ...

Good question Tilly!! I was only thinking about this for myself today. I don't have excessive stuff...probably about 15 toys, a couple of leads, grooming stuff and fashion items :laugh: so think that I will get a nice basket item to throw it all in. Also think it is a good idea for really getting toy rotation going too.

We have a double door cupboard in the hall, it is next to the linen cupboard (like a old coat cupboard in the houses built in the 50's). We have placed hooks on the inside of the doors to hang up the leads and collars. Placed all our training vests on hangers and the bite suits are also hanging up with extra strong hangers. Our bite sleeves are hanging one at a time. We have a tack box at the bottom with brushes etc in it. On the top shelf we have 2 hippo's to ensure no moisture destroys anything. Our Euro Joe training tugs are hanging on coat hangers, chairs and unbrella's are there. Our spare crates are under the spare beds. The dog medicine, like washes anticeptic creams and ear cleaner is sitting on the top shelf.

We needed to do this as we have so much training equipment. But we still have so much in the spare bedroom and in the back garage. Our house hasn't got enough storage to store it all.

We have just moved to a property with 5 sheds. I have earmarked one for doggy stuff as soon as we get sorted....not only their belongings but also to have a grooming table there too.

My plan is for lidded plastic tubs (big ones) to hold dog blankets. open shelving for grooming products and tools, and open tubs for toys, frisbees etc. And hooks on a wall for collars and leads. We seem to have developed a bit of a fetish for collars and leads so they have a lot of them.

Once it's done (in a few weeks) I'll take some photos and post them.

:rofl: do you really wanna see, I am already known as the crazy dog lady if I show you I will be known as the crazy hording dog lady :laugh: I have recently done a tidy up too, so much stuff just chucked in cupboards.

:D ;) :p definately need photo's now ;) :rofl:

We mostly live in a campervan and under the house so all my doggy stuff fits in one plastic crate (large), 2 smaller ones that hold food, and a back pack that holds the daily stuff and I take to shows/trials etc + a good bum bag for training and dog walks!

Annie

Yep - laundry cupboard. At my old house I kept the dog stuff in the top shelves of the cupboard and my dog on the bottom shelf. :laugh: I took the doors off and made it T bone's bed.... it was his man cave and he just loved it to bits! Sometimes the cat would sit in there and he'd be all "Marrrrrmmm... the cat's in my bedroom touching my stuff".

Anyway.. back to storage stuff.... I still have the cupboard but the dog sleeps on the futon with the other lab now. I keep all dog related shampoos, medications and stuff in it and the bottom is dog towels and spare sheets and bedding for them. I have a set of hooks in the garage, one above the other. The top one has my caps and the bottom one has dog leads. I have a hanging thing with pockets beside it that holds things like harnesses, walk belt, spare collars, reflective vests, flashing lights etc. Everything we need to go on a walk is right there.

Our dog stuff is mostly under the house.

We have a full height cupboard with double doors that holds towels, grooming equipment, medications etc.

We have a big rack of 20 hooks along a wall that has all the leads and collars and grooming apron.

A 90 Litre storage tub holds coats.

A 32 litre storage tub holds costumes.

Fridge and freezer for their meat and big tubs for their dry food.

A cane basket for toys.

Inside the house we keep treats in a sealed container in the pantry.

On top of the bookshelf is a big black box. It contains the Forbidden Toys. Those toys are only allowed out of the box under supervision.

I don't have an endless heap of doggy stuff any more. :laugh:

Over the last couple of years I've been through and donated all the duplicates/extras/no longer fits stuff to rescue or to the bushfire appeal (along with a lot of no-longer-used human towels etc).

So now it's just a couple of shelves in the laundry (towles, toys, shampoos/brushes, coats) , leads/collars hung in the cupboard near the HWS with the brooms, and her meds in the cupboard with ours - where I can't forget to give them to her. :D

For toys I have a plastic tub in the loungeroom - I find Im usually putting stuff back in there all the time, wow, I feel like a "real" mum :D .........Zola likes that she can go and pick out whatever toy she feels like playing with, whereas Wandy has her "LittleBrownMan" (a three legged something that belonged to our previous rr) on her bed all the time - and Zola is forbidden to touch him!! :laugh:

Walkies stuff is in a huge terracotta pot by the front door. I got sick of tripping over leads and stuff when I came inside, so the pot makes it easy!

Blankies, jackets etc. are in the lined cupboard and treats are under the kitchen sink. I do have a treats jar (like a bikkie jar) on the kitchen cupboard - and they know full well where it is!

Rat

Our dog stuff is mostly under the house.

We have a full height cupboard with double doors that holds towels, grooming equipment, medications etc.

We have a big rack of 20 hooks along a wall that has all the leads and collars and grooming apron.

A 90 Litre storage tub holds coats.

A 32 litre storage tub holds costumes.

Fridge and freezer for their meat and big tubs for their dry food.

A cane basket for toys.

Inside the house we keep treats in a sealed container in the pantry.

On top of the bookshelf is a big black box. It contains the Forbidden Toys. Those toys are only allowed out of the box under supervision.

Costume tub ,I like the sound of that.

I have hooks outside for our leads etc. Inside I have a set of plastic drawers from a discount shop ($25) which stores all Heidi's other things,,, coats, spare toys, medications and all other dog stuff.

Well....

There is a couple of bottles of shampoo on the side of the bath, a bottle of shine spray on top of the dryer alongside the curry comb (no idea really why that is there).

Poo bags are on the low open shelf in the kitchen.

Dog medications are the high open shelf.

Dog treats are on top of the fridge.

I found an old puppy collar in the kitchen cupboard the other day as well as my number holder from showing (again NFI on that one!)

Food is in one of those ProPlan tins (although I don't feed ProPlan).

He's got one coat on, the other is in the laundry pile and the other is chucked on the table at present.

2 of those plastic containers from Ikea (that go into the bookcase) hold the toys.

Grooming box is in the spare room cupboard.

Dog towels are currently in the clean linen pile but having a back injury I am not up to folding them all.

Nail clippers are on the bookcase in the lounge.

Another plastic container of misc stuff is in the spare room in the bookcase.

Lead and collar is in the middle of the floor in the hall where I dropped it earlier (along with the poo bag).

Oh - just spotted a poo bag on the bookcase in the lounge too and his spare collar is hanging off the door knob in the lounge.

Not organised but I know where it all is!

I have a 2.5 x 1.5 shed for all my gear ,trollies ,crates bedding.I have a timer shelf with cup hooks for leads .I also store the always to show stuff in the float.

For close to hand leads I have cup hooks on the back of the laundry door.

I was lucky to get a four drawer filing cabinet from work and put it in my laundry to hold all the dog stuff ie towels, towels, more towels, leads, grooming items, bowls, bags etc

We had an empty tallboy available so moved that to the sunroom - two top smaller draws hold collars and smaller items, larger drawers hold coats and spare dog blankets.... 2 hooks at the front door hold emergency leads/collars in case we need to get out the front quickly (the boys don't wear collars unless we are out), their toys are mostly kept in their crates or around the backyard....

Food is kept in the wine room (as the door is always closed), treats are in a plastic storage container on top of the fridge and medicines are in a drawer near the backdoor/sunroom area

Edited by FionaC