How To Tidy Up The Endless Supply Of Doggy Stuff ...

Tilly

I have an old cupboard from a school storage room.

On the top shelf it has two small plastic containers with drawers - 4 in each I think. They hold, some combs/brushes, collars, leads, medication, crate nuts/bolts, nail trimmers, scissors. There are icecream comtainers between that hold all the shampoo, other grooming stuff and the furminator for the cats.

There are spare sheets/towels etc on another shelf along with the large bags of treats and some training things, and another couple of leads. There are some new feed bags that I use on the hessian sack beds ans ome otehr stuff that I can't remember. The bottom shelf has my grooming box, spare stainless steel bowls and some horse stuff.

There is a plastic container in one of the dog runs (on top of a crate) with extra dog coats in it.

In the other dog run as well as required crate for sleeping their is a cat crate, a bunnigs compost/puppy pen folded against the wall and a large canvas bag of jumps.

When I get my girls shed I will have a bath, grooming table and at least two decent cupboards to put my Stuff in

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Top shelf (left to right):

Lead and collar I use all the time (Ruthless Leather)

In the tub underneath is other collar and leads.

The black box under that are my wahl clippers (and spare poop bags in front of that ;) )

Next to that is Zero's walking/training stuff - doog walkie belt and treat bag

Then the storage box with bits and pieces like my houndbag, water bottle, clickers, shampoo etc.

And finally some stuff for the other animals - bird seed, shell grit, kitty litter tray liners and my biozet (for washing doggie things, especially anything that has been peed/thrown up on)

Middle shelf:

Treats in containers (in the back), bowls (in front) and Zero's artemis kibble

Bottom Shelf:

Zero's backpacks and harness + the grooming box.

All up it looks like this:

4626817988_4b292e2260.jpg

Works for me - the things I use the most (collar, leash, walkie belt, houndbag and treat pouch) are all easy to get to quickly. I looove having everything together too - I think I would go nuts without my cupboard now. :laugh:

ETA: I should add that this doesn't include Zero's toy box... and the fact that my car now has a drawer full of stuff for dogs in it too (spare collar and leash, poop bags, non-spill bowl etc) as well as his soft crate (folded down). He's pretty much everywhere. :D Oh and there's also a few things in our storage room like my forced air dryer, shampoos, hammock bed and his hard crate.

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Lets see now - starting from the front door, as you walk in theres coat hooks and shoe stands on the right, there are some collars and leads of various strengths and sizes hanging and lying around for dogs and cats there - also a toy or two maybe even a coat along with an ever eveolving collection of drizabones,umbrellas,crops,spurs,boots,shoes,keys,walking sticks,jackets,hats and boot jacks and door stops

then in the room on the right there is 3 crates (2 up and ready for cats or dogs with bedding already in ) several doonas , blankets, water bowls and toys and a basket full of leads,collars and harnesses - theres also the odd toy strewn around.

the next room on the right (our computer room) has a couple of igloos in it.

my room has 2 crates set up for 2 dogs sleeping quaters and my bathroom has a water bowl,

the kitchen has a water bowl and the dogs feed bowls are kept there - there bikkies are in a large black plastic garbage bin in the pantry near the cat bikkies tub and baby animal food(currently a kitten)

Lounge has 3 more crates set up and a large cane toy basket - many of which are frequently strewn through the entire house - in the dining room behind an antique grandfather chair is a giant wicker basket overflowing with pyjamas and coats of all sizes and discriptions. the laundry has a cupboard with various mixtures, shampoos,gadgets etc(cooling pads etc)and a shelf full of rolled up pet towels there is a fridge and freezer also which contain all fresh pet foods. DAs room has 2 more large soft dog beds taking up all her floor space so that her 2 girls have to sleep with her :laugh:

The doggie door leads from the laundry out into the dog yard which has clam shells in summer, a couple of large shade trees , a car portwith a lounge and dog bed for them and theres 3 kennels if thay want to be outside the door.

Spoil our dogs

Never

Shell - you are amazingly organized

Not really! I got sick of trying to find clickers all over my house so we had the cupboard installed. Now I know where everything is.... except I still can't find a clicker when I want one because I never put them back in the tub after I've finished training! :laugh: At least the rest of my dog stuff is organised. Maybe I could teach Zero to go and put the clicker back in the right box after we've finished our training session!

Shell - you are amazingly organized

Not really! I got sick of trying to find clickers all over my house so we had the cupboard installed. Now I know where everything is.... except I still can't find a clicker when I want one because I never put them back in the tub after I've finished training! :laugh: At least the rest of my dog stuff is organised. Maybe I could teach Zero to go and put the clicker back in the right box after we've finished our training session!

I have two cupboards full of dog stuff and can never find anything :D

I have one basket on top of their crate in the living room. There I place their toys and leads. Neat and tidy and I know where things are and so do the dogs. As for treats they are up on the microwave on top of the upright freezer. Dog food in a large plastic container in the cupboard. All within feet of one another and easy to get to.

Ummmm... "shambles" describes my setup... lol!

I have doggy toys all over the house and yard. Leads and collars are in the computer room. Treats are in the computer room too. Medical supplies are in the bathroom and in the kitchen. Dry food is in tubs in kitchen and laundry... and raw food is in fridge and freezer. Spare bedding for crates is in a basket on top of the dryer.

I really need to clean up and get organised, but the dogs seem to cope just fine... lol!

T.

I wish ours was more organised but we have 6 dogs which makes it pretty impossible to get it all in one spot so:

Laundry shelves - doggie first aid kit, worming supplies, clickers, treats, tinned fish, medication, poo bags, spare bowls, paper towels, nature's miracle for those midnight vomits! At the other end of the cupboard is a big green bin with the kibble in it.

Beds, blankets and snoods are folded up on top of the crates

Grooming gear in a ceramic bowl and in a tool box which sits on top of Chloe's trolley.

Kongs and Buster Cubes are in two buckets near the dog food fridge. Toys in a milk crate.

An old fashioned cupboard in the dog area has the towels, the coats, the bitch panties, the belly bands and spare leads and collars. On top of that cupboard are the every day leads and collars.

Doggie paperwork all filed in separate document folders - one for each dog.

Dryer and grooming table are next to Lochie's crate.

I have those huge plastic tubs on shelves in the garage. One for Jumpers and coats, grooming equipment, old and new collars and leads and toys. Then all the leads and collars are hung up on a men's tie holder.

Then in the Kitchen in a top cupboard are all the medications.

In the laundry is all their food, bowls, dog towels and blankets.

In my Bedroom is the 'show bag' with everything in it that I take to a show so I know where it all is.

My dogs have just as much stuff as my kids have and seem to have something in nearly every room. :rofl:

The pantry has a dog section (it is a fairly big walk in one) with sealed bins for dry and shelves for additives

The laundry cupboard is almostly completely dog stuff except the iron and board. so medications and bulk treats go in there.

The dog bowls live in the laundry trough

This is the one I am ever so proud of.... on the whole of one side of the hutch in the office (the side closest to the garage door) I attached super double heavy duty hooks from Bunnings x 6. On those I hang leads, collars, training devices etc and at the bottom is a big bag with odds and sods that will not hang... poo bags, TTouch pads etc. But it is so out of control. I have never seen so many leads and collars, and we only have 2 dogs, plus I trim it down every now and then. It looks like a pet shop.

In the garage in an old wardrobe that is completely storage for dog stuff. Dog coats, replacement hammock bed covers, outdoors type medications (whatever that means) like ear cleaners, stop chew sprays and also all the heavy duty concrete cleaners. A few outdoors toys like chuck its and ointments that don't make it to the laundry cupboard because they are not used often enough or are so gooey they are used outside only.

Under the stairs room is nearly all taken up with trialling and showing equipment, indoor toys, spare indoor beds and spare crates.

The float has storage that is permanently full of any equipment needed with the dogs away from home.

Out in the garage is the big new freezer that is entirely for storing dog meat and bones.

Home grooming kit is a tool box which sits inside the back door, not so proud of that one, but I use it practically on a daily basis, so bad luck :rofl:

Shampoo, conditioner and other bathing liquids all sit in a bucket inside the hydro

Dremel lives under my bed with it's charger. I have about 6 chargers under there all going at once permanently. I am sure that is not good :rofl:

Anyway, I am probably not much help with your dilemma, but the wardrobe in the garage and the hooks on the side of the hutch are pretty cool for us.

Almost forgot, the closet has 2 shelves completely dedicated to dod towels. Until recently this was 4 shelves, but I gave the rest away. I just cannot use that many towels for the dogs, plus I now use micro fibre cloths to dry the dogs with. Take up heaps less space, so my towels are almos obsolete, except for when I have puppies.

Edited by dyzney

This is something that drives me crazy. With a small house and 7 dogs theres just too much dog stuff at my place. Eventually I want to get another small room built onto the house which will be my dog room. At the moment most of the dog stuff is in the sunroom. I have a small cupboard for blankets, also a large thingy with wire shelves in there is full of dog 'stuff'. The c-crates and puppy pens are out in the back shed. The dog towels are in a pile in the sunroom, the dog leads are all hanging on these cool hooks in the dining room so I can just grab them when needed. The dog dryer currently lives under my bed and the grooming table is folded up when not in use and is in the sunroom. The rest of my grooming stuff is mostly in my dog show bag. There is also a large freezer in the sunroom for all their meat.

Am currently trying to work out how to organise all my dog stuff. I think I need to get rid of a lot of it. I recently bought a large laundry hamper thing for all the dog washing, wayy better than having it all on the laundry floor!

Edited by indigirl

Oh I forgot to add collapsible crate in the boot fo the car along with HOund bag and my Pedigree training bag full of training gear, scent articles, poop bags, I-Squeaks, poo bags and various other things - all are required though.

I am having a small clean up and donating extra coats and collars to a Whippet rescue.

Seem as my house has NO inbuilt storage :rofl: I bought a cheap bookcase to stash most of the everyday stuff in. I keep collars, leads, coats (well some of them lol), books, and bits and pieces that I need quick access to there. I have a big basket on top for all the tug toys. Then there's a big container and a small storage shelf thing in the laundry for treats, biscuits, bowls etc. Doggie PJ's are on top of the crate in the bedroom, extra coats and bits and pieces are stashed in the laundry cupboard, grooming stuff is mostly on top of the crate in the kitchen (the rest seems to be scattered around the house lol), blankets are in a container behind the lounge. I usually have a spare collar and leash near the front door and a leash laying around on the desk. Spare room is for all the things that we dont use often enough or dont have room for ...toys, tugs, balls, training gear. And I only have one dog :rofl:

here's the bookcase, the only semi organised thing in our house :rofl:

I have a set of drawers with the wicker baskets in the lounge. It has all the dog toys and brushes etc in it. It also acts as a side table for my lounge.

Only problem is the thinker of the family worked out where his toys are and will go and open the bottom drawer and help himself.

Heartworm and wormers are on top of the fridge and crates are in spare bedroom with soft crates folded on top as the cats like to sleep there.

Dog towels are in a lidded plastic box in the other spare room

Dremel lives under my bed with it's charger. I have about 6 chargers under there all going at once permanently. I am sure that is not good :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::eek: You have turned your bed into a giant firestarter....thats REALY scary...can you put your bank of chargers in the garage or something. Its just that if the plugs give up and set of a spark (Ive seen it happen) especially being overloaded - and your not home - or are - either way....god knows we all know how devastating a house fire can be with our own poor Jed's tragic current situation.

Please please please be safe and do something right now about this.........

In fact Ive done the same myself but now Im a bit more diligent in turning things off.

I have a whole room for my animal stuff... :rofl:

It is my foster room, which is usually filled with foster kittens from work.

I have all my dog and cat bits and pieces in the double wardrobe in that room.

(blankets, bowls, medication, spare lead and collars, spare toys, other doggy bits and pieces!)

The dog biscuits which I buy in bulk are in 2 wheelie bins in the kitchen and the treats are in the pantry! :rofl:

Dremel lives under my bed with it's charger. I have about 6 chargers under there all going at once permanently. I am sure that is not good :p

:):):eek: You have turned your bed into a giant firestarter....thats REALY scary...can you put your bank of chargers in the garage or something. Its just that if the plugs give up and set of a spark (Ive seen it happen) especially being overloaded - and your not home - or are - either way....god knows we all know how devastating a house fire can be with our own poor Jed's tragic current situation.

Please please please be safe and do something right now about this.........

In fact Ive done the same myself but now Im a bit more diligent in turning things off.

Yes, just writing about it earlier made me rethink my foolishness and I have already done something about.

Thank you for caring. :)

In my defense (not required I know), but just felt I should explain that my bed sits nearly 3 feet up off the ground, so it is not as close as you may have been imagining. No excuse I know. I am more worried about all the radiation than a spark.

Edited by dyzney

A plastic container sitting in family room with Ryan's coats collars in it

Hooks on wall near front door with collars and leads

In the Garage - Hooks on wall with leads ,check chains, collars hanging

Book shelf with dog blankets

Wooden trunk with towels

a cupboard with bowls, more blankets,

a set of draws with collars , shampoos

toys, brushes, towels, leads etc etc

should just buy one large double wardrobe :p and store all together .