Dogzonline Project

Steve

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well today there was a slight set back, as i was sewing on the edging i noticed a big mistake right in the middle of the Quilt :thumbsup::) so i had to unpick half the quilt and fix it :) so it will take me a day or 2 to get it back together again.

On another note its looking awsome :) Iv named it the crazy quilt, there is no pattern at all but works soo well i really hope jed likes it

I reckon to give it to Jed first, then post the photies, what do the rest of you fat-quarter-people think? :rofl:

Woops...I meant (when I said 'post' the photies) for you to just post them on the DOL General Dog Discussion forum. It'd cost ya too much to post out to all of us fat quarter people Rainy. We can always save the piccies onto our computers.

What a bugger having to unpick! I HATE unpicking so I decided not to sew anymore...fixed that problem up :(

How exciting. I haven't posted much about this, I didn't want you all to think I was giving you the hurry up. I am really looking forward to the quilt - and the memento it will be. Not of the fire, I don't need ANY reminders of that, but of the wonderful dol community pulling together to help me so much financially and emotionally.

Seems a bit good to put on the bed,( not that I have a bed ) I think it will have to hang on the wall - when I get one

Thanks guys, you must have all been hard at it for months

How exciting. I haven't posted much about this, I didn't want you all to think I was giving you the hurry up. I am really looking forward to the quilt - and the memento it will be. Not of the fire, I don't need ANY reminders of that, but of the wonderful dol community pulling together to help me so much financially and emotionally.

Seems a bit good to put on the bed,( not that I have a bed ) I think it will have to hang on the wall - when I get one

Stop looking at this forum Jed :(

:rofl:

Stop looking at this forum Jed :hug:

:rofl:

go away JED :(:(

cant post backing.. no mail collection or deliveries my area.. will hopefull get it away tomorrowe ( maybe)

Helen

Ohh jed, this quilt is made for a bed not a wall, please use it. I have to say its not going to be a royal show winning quilt, this is only the 2nd quilt i have made so its not perfect but the best i could do.

Well guys I dont know how to say this and i am still in slight shock.

A DOLer who wish to remain nameless has donated to cover the cost to not only finish the quilt but to cover postage aswell :)

So a huge Thankyou is to be given to the unknown DOLer :)

Well guys I dont know how to say this and i am still in slight shock.

A DOLer who wish to remain nameless has donated to cover the cost to not only finish the quilt but to cover postage aswell :eek:

So a huge Thankyou is to be given to the unknown DOLer :)

That is fantastic!!! Well done to the anonymous Doler, and Thank you! :)

Spent 4 hrs Quilting today its looking good I havnt made it thick because QLD dosnt get as cold as it dose here, also decided to use 100% cotten wadding so it will breath better.

Im going a bit cross eyed with all the colours but the people that have seen it say it looks awsom so fingers are crossed that jed likes it :D

The cotton wadding is great Rainy! That is all I ever have in my quilts now, natural fibres are so much better comfort wise and are also more fire retardent! :D

Can't wait to see the finished product, you are so good to be putting it all together! Well done!!!! :)

Well guys i think it is safe to say its FINNISHED :(:cry::cry::( ;) :eek::)

Will just get the quilters to give it a look over tomorrow morning then off it goes in to the afternoon post :D

Just one more Vote: Being that the competition is not untill March 19 / 20 do i email a pic to jed for a sneek peek or do we keep her in suspence for another 2 months?

Edited by Rainy

Well guys i think it is safe to say its FINNISHED :(:cry::cry::( ;) :eek::)

Will just get the quilters to give it a look over tomorrow morning then off it goes in to the afternoon post :D

Just one more Vote: Being that the competition is not untill March 19 / 20 do i email a pic to jed for a sneek peek or do we keep her in suspence for another 2 months?

Awwww, that's so good Rainy! I'm dying to see the quilt myself so I reckon you should post a sneek peek pic. :D I think the quilt IRL will be a surprise still because it will look and feel fabulous in a way that a photo just can't portray! :D