Anyone Know A Good Place To Get Chicken Frames

My local butcher does a pretty good deal on pet mince $1.50 a kilo, but for some reasons they sell frames for $3.50 a kilo, which I think is rediculous, I dont understand why they arent the same price, if anything frames should be cheaper because they dont need to mince them

Anywhoo, does anyone know of a place who does a really good deal? Id be looking to get about 5 or 6 a week, and probably buy a few weeks worth at a time

How many frames do you get for the kilo? It may work out the same as what the mince is. You can get frames from Lenards Chicken shops but the price varies from store to store. I pay $1 per kg for chicken frames minced and $1 per bag (approx 5 frames per bag) but that is on the Southside. I now have a standing order and pick them up once a week.

The Redbank Plains store charges more.

How many frames do you get for the kilo? It may work out the same as what the mince is. You can get frames from Lenards Chicken shops but the price varies from store to store. I pay $1 per kg for chicken frames minced and $1 per bag (approx 5 frames per bag) but that is on the Southside. I now have a standing order and pick them up once a week.

He said about 2-3 frames, I do know of a place in Stafford who sells 4 for $1.50 but its a bit out of the way to get to, I spend a lot of time in Bracken Ridge/Strathpine area and Redcliffe as well

We went to Jack Purcell's butcher (Virginia) a month or so ago (not sure on spelling) and they were selling a bag of 3 frames for $1.50 and it was buy one bag get one free.

Lennards Toombul I think has them for 50c each last time I was there and the chicken shop near coles at Westfield Chermside is also cheap but I can't remember the price.

I noticed that butchers who sell mainly meat, charge more for their frames and the frames are often frozen.

He said about 2-3 frames, I do know of a place in Stafford who sells 4 for $1.50 but its a bit out of the way to get to, I spend a lot of time in Bracken Ridge/Strathpine area and Redcliffe as well

Yes Jack Purcell 3 for $1.50 or the IGA at Deagon 5 for $2 :laugh:

Yes Jack Purcell 3 for $1.50 or the IGA at Deagon 5 for $2 :laugh:

Awesome stuff! how do I get to IGA off Telegraph Rd?

Edited by GoldenGirl85

We went to Jack Purcell's butcher (Virginia) a month or so ago (not sure on spelling) and they were selling a bag of 3 frames for $1.50 and it was buy one bag get one free.

Lennards Toombul I think has them for 50c each last time I was there and the chicken shop near coles at Westfield Chermside is also cheap but I can't remember the price.

I noticed that butchers who sell mainly meat, charge more for their frames and the frames are often frozen.

I find it ridiculous that they are charging so much for something they would otherwise toss out, I dont mind paying the same price as what you would pay for mince per kilo, but more than twice the price is stupid, their meat isnt much to gloat over either so if I can find a place where I can get decent meat for myself, and cheap meat for the dogs Ill be happy

Warburtons Butchery at Carseldine sell frames pretty cheap

Just found the best deal, Leonards at Peninsula Fair (Kippa Ring) sells frames for 30 cents each! I got 10 frames for less than what my butcher would have sold me 2 for their pet mince is a good deal too, only $1.25 a kilo