Who Takes Their Dog To Work With Them?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Opposite where i work is a big truck wash, the owner has his dog there everyday. He is a really nice old boy, he just follows the workers around and when its hot he slops in the water.

From what i have seen, he never leaves the gate and he is a very well manered boy.

I think its great for him to have company all day long :)

I teach Animal Studies @ TAFE & I have had one of my Std Poo's helping me all teach this week! I love it & They all looove coming to work with me, time alone with Mum :)

Also has a great effect on the students....but it always amazes me there will always be someone scared of dogs!

I work in a dog friendly office we have up to 7 dogs some days

Most days

Amstaff

Maltese

Griffin

Gorden Setter

Poodle cross breed

Occasionally

pug

westie

boxer

small mixed breed dog

nice to see the dogs around the office. All well behaved. They get free rein around the office.

I WISH I could bring Honey into work. :confused: Unfortunately its a big office and they have lots of stoopid policies against things like that. :)

I do think its probably for the best, lots of people in here have dogs- I can only imagine the bedlam if we all brought them in!!

I have fantasised about opening up a doggy daycare nearby so everyone could visit their dogs at lunch at take them for a walk- I'd love that! :laugh:

Maybe next time they offer redundancies...

A Sydney rescue just updated me about a good-natured tibbie boy they rescued from a pound. He's adopted by a great couple & he drives to work with them every day....in the BMW. They own a factory & he 'works' by greeting visitors.

Our motor mechanic takes his lab girl to work every day & customers always bring in a dog biscuit for her. All the workshops in that strip have dogs which come to work. And they're a great bunch of pals....the lab, a cattle dog, a staffy & a shih-tzu.

Edited by mita

Most days

Amstaff

Maltese

Griffin

Gorden Setter

Poodle cross breed

Occasionally

pug

westie

boxer

small mixed breed dog

nice to see the dogs around the office. All well behaved. They get free rein around the office.

How absolutely awesome! can I ask what sort of business it is?

Also those of you that take your dogs to work do you find a downside is that if you have to leave them home some days they are don't cope too well being without you?

Most days

Amstaff

Maltese

Griffin

Gorden Setter

Poodle cross breed

Occasionally

pug

westie

boxer

small mixed breed dog

Also those of you that take your dogs to work do you find a downside is that if you have to leave them home some days they are don't cope too well being without you?

http://www.smh.com.au/national/whos-that-d...90828-f2ip.html

Edited by Roo

There's so many benefits to having pets in a workplace. I know GOOGLE is an example of a progressive work environment big on the idea. I found an article about it here.

Benefits include:

- employees relax, reduce stress and heart rate and even lower blood pressure

- decrease in absenteeism

- improved staff morale

- people smile! (a real smile, not the plastic replica you'd normally get)google-dog-712404576.jpg

Yes that's true and it made me think of something I did the other week. I was driving along when I saw a lady walking her dog. The dog looked such a happy fella and I smiled at him. As I did she looked up and probably thought I was smiling at her. She probably thought I was a loony or wondered if she knew me :laugh:

I guess the problem with dogs in workplaces is some people are very non-doggy. I used to love to take mine to work when I worked at the vet's.

One of my Burmese cats is my 'demonstration kitteh' when I give cat behaviour lectures - she LOVES it and purrs herself silly the whole time. She gets so excited when she sees her harness and the travel cage come out :laugh: And then I have to explain to the other cats why they can't all get in the same cage too :rofl:

Most days

Amstaff

Maltese

Griffin

Gorden Setter

Poodle cross breed

Occasionally

pug

westie

boxer

small mixed breed dog

http://www.smh.com.au/national/whos-that-d...90828-f2ip.html

Love it! :laugh:

I can't take Shyla with me because I manage a chocolate shop but hubby takes her to work 3 days a week!! :laugh: It's bliss for me and a lot less stressful cos I know she's got company. She goes to work on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays, and I am home Wednesdays and I start work late on Fridays. Hubby is home weekends. So she's only really alone 5 hours on a friday and the odd evening for a few hours if we go out for dinner which is only a few times a month

Gosh I wish I could, but not sure if it would reduce my stress in the workplace! I'd have a Labrador or two annoying everyone for cuddles :laugh: They'd just wiggle their butts up to each and everyone in the office :rofl:

My boss knows I'm dog crazy, and I've asked him several times if I can bring them in. Answer is always just him laughing. Wasn't technically a no :thumbsup:

There's so many benefits to having pets in a workplace. I know GOOGLE is an example of a progressive work environment big on the idea. I found an article about it here.

Benefits include:

- employees relax, reduce stress and heart rate and even lower blood pressure

- decrease in absenteeism

- improved staff morale

- people smile! (a real smile, not the plastic replica you'd normally get)

google-dog-712404576.jpg

Many a time when things are going wrong at work and you feel stressed and angry, there is nothing better than taking a 10 min break to pat your dog and tell him all the drama's that are happening. Dogs at work make a huge difference in lowering stress levels and to help get things back in perspective :o

I worked in an office close to home that allowed dogs to come to work (as well as babies and children). If I ever worked the weekend the dogs would come in and have the run of the place. Myself and another lady had dogs very scared of storms so we often went home and brought our dogs back to work with us. It was all a compromise for us needing to work some odd/long hours to meet critical deadlines. I worked at another office for the same organisation and thinking the same deal applied I bought my old boy to work one day because he wasn't doing so well. I sent a courtesy email around saying there was a dog in my pod for the next couple of hours. All these people came round to double check thinking I was sending a fake email! Why the hell would someone do that???? Anyway it was a funny day. I had the boys lead looped around my chair and got called into a fairly major meeting. Since he hadn't moved all morning I went in for my 5 min speech. Not long after, the whole meeting saw him strolling down the hallway dragging my chair, looking for me.....

I had the boys lead looped around my chair and got called into a fairly major meeting. Since he hadn't moved all morning I went in for my 5 min speech. Not long after, the whole meeting saw him strolling down the hallway dragging my chair, looking for me.....

Love it! Now that's why dogs are good at work. Blood pressure can't stay up too high, while you're laughing your head off. :o

A Sydney rescue just updated me about a good-natured tibbie boy they rescued from a pound. He's adopted by a great couple & he drives to work with them every day....in the BMW. They own a factory & he 'works' by greeting visitors.

Our motor mechanic takes his lab girl to work every day & customers always bring in a dog biscuit for her. All the workshops in that strip have dogs which come to work. And they're a great bunch of pals....the lab, a cattle dog, a staffy & a shih-tzu.

We have our own mechanical repair workshop too (for over 20yrs) and our dogs have all spent time at work over the years. We have three so can't take them all at the same time :) . Our 9yr old GSD isn't fussed on strangers so spends most of his time at home, but the 18mth old GSD and 5yr old Goldie take turns - there's always a rush when I open the back of the car to see who gets in first! Staff and customers appreciate their company too - especially when they were pups:-

post-10374-1274855938_thumb.jpg

Indi our latest addition "resting" :o beside my desk when she was around 2mths of age (now 18mths),

Not possible for me as I work in a 51 story building and our lease does not allow animals on the premises - not to mention the lack of an area for toilet breaks.

But if he's not well, post surgery etc then I can work from home - just do a quick run to the office to grab my laptop and I'm all set. Work is more than happy for us to do this.