Rex

MonElite

Good bye my beautiful boy..............

REX officially known as Grand Champion Alldobe Strike It Lucky ET 07.01.2000 - 25.05.2010

I have no words to express how sad I am, and Ripley wrote beautiful eulogy for him in the dobe thread, so Ill copy it here.

Monika, I am so very sorry. I had tears in my eyes when I found out. I know you kept saying that the time was coming, but I had hoped it wouldn't be so. :laugh: Rex was the most beautiful dog I have seen, out of all the dogs I have met over the years, he was the most handsome, most gentle natured and he had such charisma, to me he was unassuming if a dog could be just that. He was a humble boy. I joked with Monelite that if Rex was a human, he would be George Clooney in looks and charm.

Rex loved people - he was even gentle with parrots - and he loved life. My heart goes out to you, monelite and please call me if you need anything.

Rex excelled so highly in his show career, that an international judge recently told monelite that she remembered his name, out of all the dogs she has judged. He was a dog of many talents, exhibiting exemplary behaviour.

Rex was not only a beloved companion and highly successful show dog but did you know he was also a fashion model, cover boy and a father.

I too had been telling monelite for months on end that I'd take some more recent photos of him and it's a shame ruthless didn't get to the other weekend as I would never had got around to it, which is my loss.

RIP you grand fella.

Few people have photos of him, I have so many that I dont know which ones to choose. When he was young? When he was a show dog? When he destroyed toys and looked super cute? When he was on a kayak with me? At the beach? Asleep? With other dogs? With people, parrots or bunny?

So if you have a photo of my boy to share, feel free to post them here.

I will miss him for ever.

Edited by MonElite

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good bye my beautiful boy..............

REX officially known as Grand Champion Alldobe Strike It Lucky ET 07.01.2000 - 25.05.2010

I have no words to express how sad I am, and Ripley wrote beautiful eulogy for him in the dobe thread, so Ill copy it here.

Monika, I am so very sorry. I had tears in my eyes when I found out. I know you kept saying that the time was coming, but I had hoped it wouldn't be so. :laugh: Rex was the most beautiful dog I have seen, out of all the dogs I have met over the years, he was the most handsome, most gentle natured and he had such charisma, to me he was unassuming if a dog could be just that. He was a humble boy. I joked with Monelite that if Rex was a human, he would be George Clooney in looks and charm.

Rex loved people - he was even gentle with parrots - and he loved life. My heart goes out to you, monelite and please call me if you need anything.

Rex excelled so highly in his show career, that an international judge recently told monelite that she remembered his name, out of all the dogs she has judged. He was a dog of many talents, exhibiting exemplary behaviour.

Rex was not only a beloved companion and highly successful show dog but did you know he was also a fashion model, cover boy and a father.

I too had been telling monelite for months on end that I'd take some more recent photos of him and it's a shame ruthless didn't get to the other weekend as I would never had got around to it, which is my loss.

Photos taken 2 years ago in May 2008 of beautiful Rex. RIP you grand fella.

Few people have photos of him, I have so many that I dont know which ones to choose. When he was young? When he was a show dog? When he destroyed toys and looked super cute? When he was on a kayak with me? At the beach? Asleep? With other dogs? With people, parrots or bunny?

I will miss him for ever.

I'm am so sorry to hear of your very great loss. Hold onto those memories fiercely. Rex sounds like a wonderful ambassador for a gorgeous breed. Fly free good boy.

Oh noooooooooooo - I am so sorry for your loss Monelite :rofl::rofl:

Our canine's friend's time on this earth is way too short :thumbsup:

Remember all the fabulous times with Rex, Monelite .... you gave him a life full of adventure - never a dull moment for Rex.

Rest in Peace Sexy Rex :laugh:

I have the one you sent me of Rex with the bunny, it made me smile when you sent it.

You have those lovely professional photos of him taken in the studio when he was young to remember him by. There were many faces of Rex. It shows how gentle he was. Do you have the one taken with your friend's macaw?

post-485-1274838350_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ripley

I am truly sorry Monelite as I know from reading your posts that Rex was your best friend. I generally stay out of the Rainbow Bridge thread as it breaks my heart as I start to think of my heart boy Chief and the pain is overwhelming but I was drawn here today and I am so sorry for the pain you are enduring.

I'm so sorry Monika - Rex was a lovely boy. He and Diesel 'flirted' with each other when they met and it was so cute.

Remember all the fun and adventures you had together.

RIP Rex :laugh:

Oh no, I'm so very sorry for your loss..... Rex was a wonderful boy in so many ways. I know how much you loved him and how your heart must be aching right now :thumbsup:

Hugs to you and your Dobe girls - they will miss his presence too. :rofl:

Run free at the Bridge Sexy Rexy - I'm sure Jet & Keira will be there to show you around.

:laugh:

Edited by caslero

I am so sorry for your loss, Monelite. Rex was a stunning looking dog, and it was clear from your posts what an amazing bond you had with him. I can't imagine how sad you are now, and my heart has a little tug when I think of your other dog (Diviani?), who must be sad, too. Hugs to you.