Rex

MonElite

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Horrible weather. Divani inherited Rexs coat, Furia took his place in front of the fire place for good by the looks of it.

I went to get dog meat and had to pack it for the freezer in smaller bags :rofl:

How are you doing today?

Two memories I have of Rex. One is that if you went to give him a pat, he would lean completely into you for a body hug as he liked the contact perhaps. He was very affectionate.

The other memory is at your fancy dress party where people turned up dressed as nuns and other costumes and Rex was patiently sitting at the corner of the table where you had all the food spread out. He could easily have jumped up and helped himself to all the food, but Rex wasn't rude like that. Instead he waited until people came along to help themselves and then he'd merely look up at them with those gentle eyes of his and you couldn't help but give him a titbit from the table.

Edited by Ripley

So sorry for your loss Monelite :thumbsup:

I actually met and adored Rex before I met Monelite and am very privileged to have one of Rex's sons in our family :rolleyes: Thankyou Rex and Monelite.

My favourite memory of Rex was at a show, I had one of my daughters then aged about 4yo with me.

I can't remember why but she was crying and Rex who was nearby on a loose lead came over and gave her a gentle lick :cry:

Such a sweet gesture from a dog who was still only a young boy (my girl is 12yo now) and didn't live with children.

He is a such a credit to Monelite and the dobermann breed.

Rest easy beautiful boy.

Lately in the cold weather and rain he wasnt doing well. Id leave him in a coat today and be stressing all day that he is cold. He probably wouldnt move of a sofa that they have outside till I came back home from work and then he would just try to snuggle up to me....

So sorry to hear of your loss of Rex.

My memory of him was winning BIS at the Dobe National - Hansome boy he was.

He sounds like a true Dobe, A goof, lovable, good looking, smart and well everything else you can think of really. They are never with us long enough.

Some fantastic photos and memories of your special boy.

• 3 weeks later...