Thank God Dogs Doesn't Hold Grudges Because...

W Sibs

My heeler Penny I think is used to me forgetting her at work . Once I got all the way home (40 mins away from where I work) and realised she wasn't in my car, I had to drive all the way back to my work and and get her, she wasn't impressed :laugh:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You leave a light on for the puppy? :shrug: I think mine will want to pack his bags and move out!!

We lost Tash when she was little.. found her locked in the walk in wardrobe curled up on Mum's shoe.. she was 'missing' for a whole hour and I was really upset!!

Bundy "locks" himself in the puppy pen all the time... even if the door is open he doesn't think he can get out so he sits and sulks for AGES til you go and point at the open door :( Yet he'll happily escape if you really do lock him in? :laugh: It's qute funny to see him sitting there looking all sad because he can't get out, except the door is wide open..

Atlas is like that, if the crate door is down, but not locked he just can not get out! So funny, I had him at work once at the kennels, and he spent the day in a puppy pen that he could have easily walked out of, but because the door was shut, he was stuck :shrug::laugh:

Yeah, i do leave the night light on for Emmy, the bathroom is the darkest room in the house and she love that room... :laugh:

OMG... Emmy does that with the crate!!!! She will sit there and look all pathetic... at first, I thought she wanted us to close it, and I will and she will throw a tanty... WTF?

We just ignore her now.

If I close the crate on Charlie and not lock it... he will sit in there till I open it again for him. He doesn't get that he can push it open (and if he does, he is damn lazy to open it)...

One time I accidentally kicked my little corgi in the jaw. She was standing right behind me when I jumped to try to reach a suitcase on the top of a wardrobe. She copped my heel right in the chin. She looked in immense pain. :laugh: My brother swore she would deliberately stand right where you would step on her so she could look hurt when you did and get an apology pat.

Yesterday I somehow lost Kivi. All 25 fluffy kgs of him. Walking around the house calling him, looked outside, checked the lounge room... turned out I shut him in our bedroom several hours earlier and he was patiently waiting for me to let him out. One time I accidentally shut him in my study overnight. Didn't hear a peep out of him. We only found out the next morning when OH was like "Where's Kivi? No, he's not inside. I can't find him anywhere." Sometimes that dog is so placid I think he might be slightly retarded.

When you yell at one of the animals and accidentally say the wrong name, and the one whose name you erroneously used looks up at you all like "What?? I was just standing here!"

One time I accidentally kicked my little corgi in the jaw. She was standing right behind me when I jumped to try to reach a suitcase on the top of a wardrobe. She copped my heel right in the chin. She looked in immense pain. :laugh: My brother swore she would deliberately stand right where you would step on her so she could look hurt when you did and get an apology pat.

Yesterday I somehow lost Kivi. All 25 fluffy kgs of him. Walking around the house calling him, looked outside, checked the lounge room... turned out I shut him in our bedroom several hours earlier and he was patiently waiting for me to let him out. One time I accidentally shut him in my study overnight. Didn't hear a peep out of him. We only found out the next morning when OH was like "Where's Kivi? No, he's not inside. I can't find him anywhere." Sometimes that dog is so placid I think he might be slightly retarded.

When you yell at one of the animals and accidentally say the wrong name, and the one whose name you erroneously used looks up at you all like "What?? I was just standing here!"

Aww Kivi... yeah, i can see him just sitting there waiting. he is sooo sweet!

I could here the Poodle crying one night not long after we got her. It sounded like it was coming form under the lounge (she was only 2kg then!). So I got my husband out of bed to help me move the lounge thinking she was stuck underneath it. Lounge moved - no puppy. Finally worked out that the noise was coming out of the baby monitor! Turns out she had followed me into my daughter's room when I went to kiss her b4 I went to bed and got shut in there!!

She is now 2 and to this day she still gets locked in the garage regularly after following somebody in but not out!! She doesn't cry anymore - just waits patiently for someone to realise where she is!!

I have also locked her in her crate and forgotten about her!!

Trish :laugh:

I forget how many times I yell at the dogs to stop playing in the laundry and bashing themselves against the wall only to walk down the hall and see my kids are the ones making all the noise.

I stood on the back verandah yesterday yelling and yelling for Daisy to come inside only to turn around and see her siting patiently right behind me looking up at me like I was an idiot.

I have stepped on, run into, banged heads with and fallen over my dogs numerous times. I have a huge house and over an acre of land yet they are still always under my feet. :laugh:

I too will put up my hand for forgetting to feed the dogs, especially if I've been out and thought my OH had done it and then he thought I had fed them before I've left. Only to wake up in the morning and me ask "Did you feed the dogs last night?" " No, I thought you did it?" Whoops :(

If they could only talk...... :shrug:

I think my best effort and one that I will forever feel guilty about is, I gave all the dogs a marrow bone and they were happily chewing that. We also had free range chooks. To cut a long story short, we had to go out, called dogs but 1 did not come, so I went to find her, here she is guarding a mound of dirt that had chook feathers sticking out of it. Gave her a good walloping for killing a chook. Next day went to retrieve the dead chook and bury it only to find it was her marrow bone buried there with a couple of loose chook feathers. Talk about feeling guilty. I kissed, cuddled and said sorry so many times to her. She forgave me as soon as she was allowed to have her bone back.

:shrug::( :D ;) :( ;) Good one.

Another person who thinks this story is a good one. The woman "Gave her a good walloping for killing a chook."

What is funny about that. :grouphug::cheers::cheer:

Im sure it was a figure of speech. I doubt she literally "Gave her a good walloping for killing a chook."

ETA: I honestly can't think of anything..... maybe I am the perfect owner :laugh: haha no I doubt it, I'll keep thinking.

Edited by Miss BeRidgierent

My old dog Sasha once wouldnt stop barking one night, and I couldnt work out why. I would go out the back in the middle of the night and call her name and tell her to be quiet. Strangely though she wouldnt come to me. Wasnt until the morning I went to the garage and she came bolting out of it! Locked her in the garage for the night...whoopsie :laugh:

Ramses has copped it in the chin a few times too. Once when he had bowled me over on a recall, poor darling I always feel bad because the noise it makes is horrible!

On the theme of locking dogs in/ out somewhere:

When I was a kid, on one occasion we took Sophie out in the car, got home and somehow managed to come inside the house without Sophie. It wasn't very long before we heard her knocking on the front door :laugh::shrug:

I don't think I've done anything awful to Pepper yet. Except trying to wash her ears.

The boyfriend confessed (after months of keeping this a secret).. that he locked Charlie in the car once in the garage. He had to carry a lot of things up to his place, and then he got distracted when his mum called him. When he got off the phone, he saw all Charlie's thing and didn't know where he put Charlie. He was in panic mode, ran downstairs into the garage and saw Charlie sitting in his booster chair giving him the most saddest look... it broke his heart. He went out and bought Charlie an ice cream and took him to the dog park and everything...

But, it makes sense now... whenever I get out of the car, Charlie automatically starts whinging and he never use to do that.

I think my best effort and one that I will forever feel guilty about is, I gave all the dogs a marrow bone and they were happily chewing that. We also had free range chooks. To cut a long story short, we had to go out, called dogs but 1 did not come, so I went to find her, here she is guarding a mound of dirt that had chook feathers sticking out of it. Gave her a good walloping for killing a chook. Next day went to retrieve the dead chook and bury it only to find it was her marrow bone buried there with a couple of loose chook feathers. Talk about feeling guilty. I kissed, cuddled and said sorry so many times to her. She forgave me as soon as she was allowed to have her bone back.

:shrug::( :D ;) :( ;) Good one.

Another person who thinks this story is a good one. The woman "Gave her a good walloping for killing a chook."

What is funny about that. :grouphug::cheers::cheer:

Im sure it was a figure of speech. I doubt she literally "Gave her a good walloping for killing a chook."

ETA: I honestly can't think of anything..... maybe I am the perfect owner :laugh: haha no I doubt it, I'll keep thinking.

Thank you for that. I do not beat my dogs, if anything they get a good shaking and ticking off. I like my dogs to love me not fear me. As I said those who know me know how I treat my dogs.

I once opened the back door of my 4WD and told my GSD OK, letting her know it was OK to get out of the car.

Poor trusting soul jumped out only to be pulled up in mid air, dangling like a tea bag. Both of us looked at each other in utter confusion, her with WTF? written all over her face. I then realised she was still in her harness.

Luckily she was calm and just hung there till I could unclick her and she plopped gently to the ground. :dancingelephant:

I locked Timmy in the shower once, found him 20 minutes later happily on his back legs pawing my loofa sponge like a punching bag and licking soap off the walls ... :dancingelephant: "Oh you're back, why I was just getting started ... " ...

They are dogs. they do not wonder why strange things happen to them... or hold grudges, or 'forgive' us ... they deal with any problems they perceive , and get on with what next seems interesting . they are sensible beings. :dancingelephant:

Poor trusting soul jumped out only to be pulled up in mid air, dangling like a tea bag. Both of us looked at each other in utter confusion, her with WTF? written all over her face. I then realised she was still in her harness.

The GSD 'teabag' made me laugh.

One of mine gets her tail trodden on from time to time when she is going down steps and it draps across the two steps behind her. It's a long tail with lots of long fringy coat. The first time I accidently stepped on it she shot forward in shock down the stairs, which just made things worse. Luckily she forgives me - oops just saw Pers said they don't forgive....

Edited by Diva

I could here the Poodle crying one night not long after we got her. It sounded like it was coming form under the lounge (she was only 2kg then!). So I got my husband out of bed to help me move the lounge thinking she was stuck underneath it. Lounge moved - no puppy. Finally worked out that the noise was coming out of the baby monitor! Turns out she had followed me into my daughter's room when I went to kiss her b4 I went to bed and got shut in there!!

She is now 2 and to this day she still gets locked in the garage regularly after following somebody in but not out!! She doesn't cry anymore - just waits patiently for someone to realise where she is!!

I have also locked her in her crate and forgotten about her!!

Trish :dancingelephant:

This happens to Indi regularly. She follows whichever of us goes in to check on the kids and gets left behind. We end up looking for her to put her to bed, only to find her sitting on the other side of one of the kids' bedroom doors.

We forget to feed the cat sometimes. She's a timid soul and tends to hang out in our bedroom when the kids are up and about. If she doesn't get fed before they get up, she often misses breakfast and she tends to miss dinner on the nights when they go to bed a bit later than usual.

We've forgotten to shut our chooks in their house numerous times and occasionally forget to let them out in the morning. OH now asks me about 3 times each night if the chooks have been put to bed.

I have hollered at Emmylou for chewing on something in the next room, only to find that she's sitting on the floor behind me while I'm on the computer and it's actually Indi who is getting into something she shouldn't.

In the cold weather the dogs go back into their crates in the mornings after they've been fed because they don't like being out in the cold. I usually let them out after I've taken my son to school. There have been days when I've had to go out straight after the school drop off and forgotten all about them. They've been shut in their crates for 3 or 4 hours. I don't think they mind much, though, because their beds are very warm and snuggly.

Breeder handed us Bubby, gave us a folder full of instructions, and reiterated to us “Make sure he has plenty to fresh water always available”. We assured her “Yes, yes, we will be wonderful to your beloved Bubby”

We take him home, fuss over him, set up water for him outside. For the first 2 weeks we left his water in the laundry and would walk him out every 3 hours and as him “Would you like a drink darling?”

Then after about 2 weeks OH had a revelation “If he’s inside with us should we have some water inside so he can drink when he wants instead of having to take him out?”

I consulted my trusty breeder folder. Sure enough in capital bolded black letters breeder had typed “FRESH WATER IS TO ALWAYS BE FREELY AVAILABLE AND ACCESSABLE AT ALL TIMES”

Poor Bubby!

Then there was the time he was feeling carsick but we did not know. We were taking him to the beach and were eating Maccas in the car. We kept offering him Maccas, he refused, we got confused since he was fond of it normally, kept offering it to him again, he relented and ate it and then vomited all over the back seat!

at our old house both the cats and Boo had on occasion been shut in the walk in pantry accidentally, having followed me in without my knowing.

We have a cat tunnel that is made out of crinkly fabric and when they are playing in it it sounds just like someone riffling through plastic bags - I've often mistakenly come running, calling out to the dogs in the "what are you doing" tone of voice only to find it's just the cats playing :dancingelephant: