Thank God Dogs Doesn't Hold Grudges Because...

W Sibs

They are dogs. they do not wonder why strange things happen to them... or hold grudges, or 'forgive' us ... they deal with any problems they perceive , and get on with what next seems interesting . they are sensible beings. :happydance2:

... and that is why i love them!! :dancingelephant:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

popsicle - I'll let you borrow Trixie, she is not remotely shy about letting us know it is "food-o'clock" and will happily push the point home if we are being tardy in serving her :happydance2:

That just might do the trick. :dancingelephant: My boy Cosmo used to be the 'spokescat' in the house - he would never miss a meal - but he died last year and Zelda hasn't stepped into the breach.

some funny stories :dancingelephant:

A walloping for a rotti lol she'd be more upset at the tone of your voice for being told off and slightly confused considering it was a bone lol.

I've done something similar pup and older dog found pup with dead chook told him off locked him up went out later to another dead chook it was the adult and pup took advantage of the situation oops.

locked cats in house and rooms numerous times old boy just curls up on the nearest available bed lol

told dog to go outside looks at me funny only to realise it is raining and he doesn't want to get wet

Where do I start??

I have twice forgotten to feed the dogs, the just huffed at bit more before settling in for the night - I woke up at 2 in the morning thinking oh crap I haven't fed the dogs!!! Both times I had fallen asleep on the lounge, got up put them out for night time toilet, then gone to bed.

I have trodden on Rommi's toes to many times to remember, now I never step back I always turn a little circle. It is far to dangerous to step back with both of them behind your feet.

I have turned around to call the dogs and put them on my bike to check the cows, then realised I have left them in the house.

I have accidentally kicked both Rommi and Lewis once each when kicking a soccer ball for them. I have never felt so bad!!! Now they are put behind me, but Lewis gets so excited he nips my bum, or slightly grazes his teeth down my leg and it HURTS.

My hubby would often send a cat flying when he turned over in bed, they learnt very quickly to only sleep on me. 4 cats guarenteed it was a cold night!

As Rommi was always JUST behind my feet I would be calling and calling and turning this way and that thinking where is she??? My then 3 year old would go MUummm she's ahind you!!!! Sure enough if I bent down and looked between my knees there she was!!

I started writing about one incident then remembered another, and another, and another. All about one particularly 'unlucky' family member called Bundy (My Rainbow Bridge boy). I never thought I was such a bad mother - I like to think he was more challenging than my other fur babies given no-one else has fallen under the stairs, out of a moving car, got locked in the shed, run into rather than over walls, had dried gyprock all over his face, been left hanging by his butt from the landing. He made us laugh and made my vet wealthy enough to buy her own practice!

I started writing about one incident then remembered another, and another, and another. All about one particularly 'unlucky' family member called Bundy (My Rainbow Bridge boy). I never thought I was such a bad mother - I like to think he was more challenging than my other fur babies given no-one else has fallen under the stairs, out of a moving car, got locked in the shed, run into rather than over walls, had dried gyprock all over his face, been left hanging by his butt from the landing. He made us laugh and made my vet wealthy enough to buy her own practice!

:dancingelephant:

Sounds like you had an accident prone there, puppy sniffer!

I've locked Ziggy in the bedroom so many times it's not funny. He loves to sleep on the bed, and will often sneak in through the bathroom. I finish in the bathroom and close the bathroom door not realising Zigs in asleep on the bed.

Anouk will counter surf at the drop of a hat, and she needs to be told constantly 'get out of the kitchen'. If I hear a noise I immediately think it's Anouk and I'll say "Anouk, out of the kitchen", only to have her peek out from under the coffee table or behind the chair as if to say "what??"

Just the other day I stepped on Ziggy's tail and then kneed him under the chin. It's a good thing he has a hard head!

I think my best effort and one that I will forever feel guilty about is, I gave all the dogs a marrow bone and they were happily chewing that. We also had free range chooks. To cut a long story short, we had to go out, called dogs but 1 did not come, so I went to find her, here she is guarding a mound of dirt that had chook feathers sticking out of it. Gave her a good walloping for killing a chook. Next day went to retrieve the dead chook and bury it only to find it was her marrow bone buried there with a couple of loose chook feathers. Talk about feeling guilty. I kissed, cuddled and said sorry so many times to her. She forgave me as soon as she was allowed to have her bone back.

;) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :eek: Good one.

Another person who thinks this story is a good one. The woman "Gave her a good walloping for killing a chook."

What is funny about that. :eat: ;) :rofl:

Im sure it was a figure of speech. I doubt she literally "Gave her a good walloping for killing a chook."

ETA: I honestly can't think of anything..... maybe I am the perfect owner ;) haha no I doubt it, I'll keep thinking.

Thank you for that. I do not beat my dogs, if anything they get a good shaking and ticking off. I like my dogs to love me not fear me. As I said those who know me know how I treat my dogs.

I didn't take Laneka's comments about giving the dog a good walloping literally either.

Many many years ago, we drove from Yannathan (Sth Gippsland VIC) to Phillip Island, at least an hour away. There was Mum, a carful of kids, and Ramsay, the chi. We had a good day, piled in the car and drove home. We were literally 1 minute away from our driveway when I say, "Where's Ramsay?" We'd left him behind. Turned around and all of us trucked back to the beach. We found him where the car had been parked, and a man sitting nearby said he hadn't moved the whole time. Boy did Mum feel guilty.

Not a dog, but occasionally I clip the claws of my sister's eclectus parrot Jimmie. He doesn't like it at all, although I only take the tips off. This one time, I must have twisted his claw and he let out a shriek. I cuddled him and said, "Sorry Jimmie, sorry sweetheart." He said, "That's all riiiiiiggghhht". Wet myself.

Holy moley Greytdog...how do you leave a dog at the beach :( !!!! That is a site id like to see hahahahaha

We were just so glad to get him back.

It was a long time ago, and probably the result of Mum being the only adult trying to get a passle of kids and their junk into a small car and get the hell home.

I once opened the back door of my 4WD and told my GSD OK, letting her know it was OK to get out of the car.

Poor trusting soul jumped out only to be pulled up in mid air, dangling like a tea bag. Both of us looked at each other in utter confusion, her with WTF? written all over her face. I then realised she was still in her harness.

Luckily she was calm and just hung there till I could unclick her and she plopped gently to the ground. :(

:eek:

oh dear, had to find this thread again - we've just moved and I can't find anything, but it's cold tonight so I tried in vain to find the dog coats - poor buggers, I *did* however find the dog costumes so Boo is currently dressed as a Japanese drummer, Luna is a Halloween pumpkin and Atticus...well, you see, Dane puppies grow so quickly, we thought we'd just buy a few sizes larger than he is now to leave room to grow....so he has on a coat far too big for him with a hair-tie gathering the loose fabric around his neck while the rest flaps along behind him :)

We are SO not fashionable tonight!

oh dear, had to find this thread again - we've just moved and I can't find anything, but it's cold tonight so I tried in vain to find the dog coats - poor buggers, I *did* however find the dog costumes so Boo is currently dressed as a Japanese drummer, Luna is a Halloween pumpkin and Atticus...well, you see, Dane puppies grow so quickly, we thought we'd just buy a few sizes larger than he is now to leave room to grow....so he has on a coat far too big for him with a hair-tie gathering the loose fabric around his neck while the rest flaps along behind him :)

We are SO not fashionable tonight!

:) I think photos are called for Kissindra......

That is if you know where the camera is lol. I hate moving!

Our big boy went to the back door once and was whining. I was busy at the time so said "hang on, I'll be there in a second". A few minutes later I felt him nuzzle my hand and then start making those horrible noises like he was about to be sick! He only just made it outside before the spew, I felt horrible for ignoring him.

I also feel bad when I get carried away and yell just that little bit loud or too much and the dogs shy away from me :) Then I spend ages giving them cuddles trying to convince them I'm not a bad mummy!!

Chris gave Oscar a black eye the other week :)

We were walking along and Oscar just stopped to sniff something and Chris didn't have time to dodge him and ended up kicking him in the face :) He gave a little yelp.. I looked but couldn't see any damaged and Oscar continued walking ;) Later that night Oscar was sleeping on my lap and I was patting his head and noticed he had a black eye! Chris felt so bad.