Cremation Company

I think it is almost time to say goodbye to my old boy Menace and I am looking for a quality cremation company in melbourne please. Does anyone have any personal experience with any of them? I would much prefer to not have to leave him at the vets clinic if i can avoid it. I need to get my head around it earlier rather than when it actually happens. It's so hard because his back end is going and he is having so much trouble getting up and down the stairs but his mind is still able :D

I think it is almost time to say goodbye to my old boy Menace and I am looking for a quality cremation company in melbourne please. Does anyone have any personal experience with any of them? I would much prefer to not have to leave him at the vets clinic if i can avoid it. I need to get my head around it earlier rather than when it actually happens. It's so hard because his back end is going and he is having so much trouble getting up and down the stairs but his mind is still able :rofl:

I had Pets Cremation Service cremate my dog. Ph: 0418 522 282.

They phone to tell me what time she would be cremated so I could think of her at that time.

After the cremation they phoned to tell me they had the titanium implants from Sophie's knee surgery and asked if I wanted them returned with her ashes. They didn't know about the titanium implants beforehand.

They have a website but I don't have the addy, google will bring it up for you.

i will have to find the name of the one a lady asked us to use for her dog that died with us at the kennels - he went to the vet - body that is HE was free and roaming with his mum somewhere :) - he was express posted back to us to await his family coming home from their emergency trip... in a cardboard box with his name plastered on top... :laugh: Horrible... he has a little box now as that was just too wrong to hand the special little man over in... ill post the name when i find it if i can so u know dont use them lol

i will have to find the name of the one a lady asked us to use for her dog that died with us at the kennels - he went to the vet - body that is HE was free and roaming with his mum somewhere :) - he was express posted back to us to await his family coming home from their emergency trip... in a cardboard box with his name plastered on top... :laugh: Horrible... he has a little box now as that was just too wrong to hand the special little man over in... ill post the name when i find it if i can so u know dont use them lol

Kirst Goldens, you need to choose the box or urn you want the ashes returned in and pay for it. A nice box to contain the ashes is not cheap. If nothing is chosen and paid for I guess they take the cheapest option, but posting it back was not very respectful. Maybe they were a small company.

I chose a rosewood box with a gold name plate with her named engraved on it and it's beautiful. It was delivered back by the cremation company.

I did make enquiries with two other companies when I knew Sophie's time was near and they were dreadful. One of them didn't bother to reply at all and the other one told me when Sophie had been put to sleep I had to leave payment in an envelope at the vet's reception and they would only accept cash. They said it had to be paid for in cash before they would collect my dog for cremation. Needless to say they didn't hear from me again.

she had organised it and so we assumed that they knew what to put it in or had something there she brought from them... we had never doone anything like this before and had no idea... was very sad but we got him a box so the owner didnt get her baby in a carbboard box!!

Ur box sounds lovely!! i am thinking of organising something for my Beau, he is doing well but is 15 and at this age it can come from nowhere, and as he was my grand parents dog and they passed away his passing will be that much harder for us i think so would be nice to not have to worry about the rest i guess :thumbsup:

i wish he could live forever :)

I think it is almost time to say goodbye to my old boy Menace and I am looking for a quality cremation company in melbourne please. Does anyone have any personal experience with any of them? I would much prefer to not have to leave him at the vets clinic if i can avoid it. I need to get my head around it earlier rather than when it actually happens. It's so hard because his back end is going and he is having so much trouble getting up and down the stairs but his mind is still able :(

So sorry to hear that. What do you mean by his back end is going? Arthritis? Or anything else?

Thanks for the replies everyone. Has anyone had any experience with Australian pet cremation and burial company in rowville?

Ermmm...yes. See my previous post. That's why I went with Pets Cremation Service.

I think it is almost time to say goodbye to my old boy Menace and I am looking for a quality cremation company in melbourne please. Does anyone have any personal experience with any of them? I would much prefer to not have to leave him at the vets clinic if i can avoid it. I need to get my head around it earlier rather than when it actually happens. It's so hard because his back end is going and he is having so much trouble getting up and down the stairs but his mind is still able :)

So sorry to hear that. What do you mean by his back end is going? Arthritis? Or anything else?

yes he has athritis in his spine so he drags his hind legs when he walks, he slips over and can't get up, he can barely feel his right foot at all. He also pees his bed everynight and poos it most nights.

I think it is almost time to say goodbye to my old boy Menace and I am looking for a quality cremation company in melbourne please. Does anyone have any personal experience with any of them? I would much prefer to not have to leave him at the vets clinic if i can avoid it. I need to get my head around it earlier rather than when it actually happens. It's so hard because his back end is going and he is having so much trouble getting up and down the stairs but his mind is still able :thumbsup:

yes he has athritis in his spine so he drags his hind legs when he walks, he slips over and can't get up, he can barely feel his right foot at all. He also pees his bed everynight and poos it most nights.

Is there any treatment for his arthritis? And does he have other conditions as well like spinal canal stenosis?