?calcium Supplements

Hi,

Poor Sally (8 month Kelpie) has had trouble with her paws (limping) after too much rough play . Vet has said since she is a rescue Pup, and her Mum was in poor condition, that she didn't get enough nutrients in the womb.

He prescribed anti-inflams which worked well, but for the long term said to get the best (Science Diet) dry food Pup type as for the added mineral etc, as she is prob low in calcium. I am also adding Omega 3 to her food.

Trouble is, she is not very food focused, and I have to mix the dry with mostly pup mince. I can only get her to eat 1 meal (or 2 tiny ones) per day. The vet said 3 times per day dry. She really won't touch the dry on it's own, would prefer dirt! Any other brand people have success with a fuss pot :thumbsup:

Just wanting to get the best for her. Someone suggested Calcium powder to sprinkle on food. Is this OK?

We also give her raw bones (chicken and beef).

Thanks everyone.

As others have said, Royal Canin or Eagle Pack are far more palatable. I would be going with one of those and forgetting the calcium powder. The Eagle Pack holistic anchovy smells very appealing to dogs. :)

Omega 3 is good, but perhaps you need to consult a K9 Physio so they can isolate which muscles are involved?