Tough, Fun Toys For Dogs

Snout Girl

Another vote for Tuffies and Cuzs.

The Tuffie ring I bought has withstood being used as a tug between my two BCs, and they have access to it quite often.

We have indoor cuz and outdoor cuz. The outdoor although a little worse for wear is still going strong after a few years. The indoor

one is in pristine condition.

Would recommend spending the money on a couple of decent toys rather than buying the cheap ones all the time.

I also bought treatsticks from clean run when they had free shipping and my two love these also.

I think I've gotten them one of those tuffies.

It was a large purple octopus and it is stuffed with that white wadding. I know because my kids played tug-o-war with it.

not that tough when big dogs play with them.LOL

I got it on special for $25.00 but the ret on that thing was $87.00 :eat:

Wow, $112 for this. It's a great idea but I wonder if I can find a cheaper version somewhere!!

You can make one for about $10,

Look up "springpoles"

That thing looks pretty dangerous, i wouldn't encourage a young dog to use it due to the high jumping involved.

We bought our Home alone toy 2 years ago and hung it from the pergola - we don't put food treats in it because we have 2 dogs and don't want to cause issues - but the kepie loves it just for the noise it makes.

Must say I like the idea of having the pool under it - must try that for her.

We also bought her one of the yellow plastic balls like the one on the hanging toy - she chases it round and has great fun - but she yelps in such a high pitched tone while she is playing with it and keeps getting it stuck in the bushes so she gets limited play with it :eat:

ETA - we had a Sherman the Sheep tuffy toy but she pulled all the stuffing out in a short time *L* The skinneez I think are the stuffingless ones

Edited by KelpieHoundMum

At dog day care, the toys really get a work out. The favs of the dogs, and my wallet, are the Turbo chooks and Thongs from Aussie Dog, and the Tuffee toys. Most dogs are partial to the rings, but the German Shepherds like the starfish the best. All have survived daily destruction attempts for 7 months or more, and worn but still dog safe.

None of these toys are cheap to purchase, but on a cost per day basis they are a very good investment in entertainment.

Cuz are a favourite of the dogs, but don't have a long life. And the ones with squeekers are tough to take in the mornings.

I think I've gotten them one of those tuffies.

It was a large purple octopus and it is stuffed with that white wadding. I know because my kids played tug-o-war with it.

not that tough when big dogs play with them.LOL

I got it on special for $25.00 but the ret on that thing was $87.00 :)

Thats more than double the RRP.

We had the octopus here for Riley too, but it got destuffed. The mega ring is still going strong over a year later though!

the funny thing is that soft toys that are indoor toys only, seem to last for ever.

Kayne will try to sneak off outside with one occasionally though and if it gets past me, it's destroyed in seconds.

Apart from that, anything with legs is fare game here. They all grab a limb and pull. LOL