Worst Excuses For Re-homing Or Surrendering A Pet

PeiPei

I don't buy into that kind of emotional black mail and neither should other people. I stand up to those who talk crap like that.

Unless they are my ex who dumped his dog on me because he had a new girlfriend and wanted to travel with her. "If you don't find him a home he goes to the pound" Si I spend a couple of weeks trying until the lady next door says she was going to report me for him howling (missing his dad) so my ex turns up and takes him to the pound where his large untrained fence jumping dog was put to sleep. Sometimes it isn't crap and they will do it :(

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She wont stay home and runs away and she is teaching the 8 month old pup to run away too.

Me: How high are the fences she is going over?

Answer: Oh we live on 100 acres. We don't have any fences. **facepalm** Followed by discussion on fences and wire runs.

I have had:

1 I need to return the puppy I bought off you 2 weeks ago as I need the money to pay my car registration.

2 It is digging up my prize rose bushes, (9 weeks old)

3 I am scared of it when as no matter how many times I kick it with my steel cap work boots it still only comes to my wife and kids and not me.

I have had:

1 I need to return the puppy I bought off you 2 weeks ago as I need the money to pay my car registration.

3 I am scared of it when as no matter how many times I kick it with my steel cap work boots it still only comes to my wife and kids and not me.

:mad

And to think these people are stupid enough to think these are legitimate reasons and think its ok..

I have had:

:mad

And to think these people are stupid enough to think these are legitimate reasons and think its ok..

You can add the following to those...

4. School holidays are over, and now we don't need the dog/pup to entertain the kids any more...

Happens a lot in rescue - when a potential interested adopter calls at the start of school holidays and the first question they ask is "how long is the trial period" - that sets off alarm bells...

T.