My Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever Keeps Eating Sticks

Jason Cyr

My Golden Retriever is stick crazy. He chews them, shreds the bark if he can. He doesn't eat the bits he pulls off (although I'm sure the odd bit goes down). I'm ok with it. He's 9.5 years old and his teeth are in great shape. Really quite clean too. He's not a big toy chewer, he hasn't destroyed a toy in over 6 years.

post-9025-1277259155_thumb.jpg

Aaaaw, he is just beautiful! :(

My Golden Retriever is stick crazy. He chews them, shreds the bark if he can. He doesn't eat the bits he pulls off (although I'm sure the odd bit goes down). I'm ok with it. He's 9.5 years old and his teeth are in great shape. Really quite clean too. He's not a big toy chewer, he hasn't destroyed a toy in over 6 years.

you are lucky mine would pretty much swallow the whole thing, kinda scary when you see him trying to go when he can't.

Jason, I hope you can sort something out if it is proving dangerous for your dog. Maybe the basket muzzle would be a good idea. You'll just have to tell everyone who asks that it's not on because you have a dangerous dog.

Aaaaw, he is just beautiful! :laugh:

Thanks. :laugh: I am totally in love.

• 3 weeks later...
Jason, I hope you can sort something out if it is proving dangerous for your dog. Maybe the basket muzzle would be a good idea. You'll just have to tell everyone who asks that it's not on because you have a dangerous dog.

Aaaaw, he is just beautiful! :)

Thanks. :) I am totally in love.

Thanks, luckly it's all over now.