Litters Due July 2010

Partipaws

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is off topic - but in case I disappear again it is because

my beautiful teddy is in a criticle condition at the vets. He broke his leg and was operated on, but unfortunately because of the shock and stress he managed to pick up a gastro virus and has been in the vets for 3 days now and the vet told us today to start preparing for the worse. I am truly devasted, it's been one thing after the other and I hate seeing him suffer! It's so hard as he was my dream boy, my first bred and my pride and joy, it's sad to think that his life will be cut short so soon at 8 months of age. I truly wish with all my heart that he pulls through as I am not sure how I will cope with his loss.

I am sorry for putting such a dampner on this thread, but just so you all know, I might be delayed in updating the thread etc.

A very big well wishes to all those still expecting litters.

Jess

I know this is off topic - but in case I disappear again it is because

my beautiful teddy is in a criticle condition at the vets. He broke his leg and was operated on, but unfortunately because of the shock and stress he managed to pick up a gastro virus and has been in the vets for 3 days now and the vet told us today to start preparing for the worse. I am truly devasted, it's been one thing after the other and I hate seeing him suffer! It's so hard as he was my dream boy, my first bred and my pride and joy, it's sad to think that his life will be cut short so soon at 8 months of age. I truly wish with all my heart that he pulls through as I am not sure how I will cope with his loss.

I am sorry for putting such a dampner on this thread, but just so you all know, I might be delayed in updating the thread etc.

A very big well wishes to all those still expecting litters.

Jess

So sorry to hear the terrible news about your Teddy . :happydance2: .sending lots of healing thoughts & prayers to him. My heart goes out to you in this dreadful time :happydance2:

Boy

That little puppy looks just like heaven in your hand......I have never seen anything that is so young, so beautiful :laugh: :D :(:)

Thank you. He is our pick, our son wants to keep him don't know why ;)

Well I will be looking for you and that little boy in a few months time when you bring him out into the show ring ;) I can't wait to give that gorgeous little puppy a big cuddle.... I am totally besotted ;)

No problems we will have to head down that way so you can meet the little man. Well not so little Wombat :)

congrats Anatolian.. but where are the piccies...

my adorable little darlings are 3 1/2 weeks old.. gee where does the time go... are on the move, and starting to show their personalities...

here they are 3 weeks old...

No 4 - Choc Male

IMG_1870.jpg

No 1 - Choc Male

IMG_1859.jpg

No 3 - Choc Merle Female

IMG_1863.jpg

No 2 - Choc Male

IMG_1861.jpg

No 7 - Choc Merle Female

IMG_1886.jpg

No 6 - Choc Female

IMG_1880.jpg

No 5 - Choc Merle Female

IMG_1875.jpg

No 8 - Choc Female

IMG_1895.jpg

Edited by bordacollies4me

Bordercollies4me, your puppies look lovely - boy do they grow up quickly!!! Lovely colours and markings - have you got any that you are keeping a close watch on??

Sorry all in sharing my sad news - I know it is off topic and this thread should be about sharing in the excitement of new life, but unfortunately my beautiful parti boy who broke his leg ended up passing away last sunday night!!! Again this is why I have disappeared again and not been good at updating this thread and sharing in everyones excitement.

I am so devastated by his loss! He was my first bred baby! he was my pride and joy, my beloved pet, he was my everything - Life is never going to be the same - I am just heartbroken!

Teddy caught a viral infection, nothing to do with the broken leg, however the vet did feel that because of his broken leg, the shock to his system and the effects of the operation may have weakened his immune system - The test came back that it was not parvo, but being such a small dog - weighing 2kg and having fasted for an operation twice as they postponed the op to the next day and just being put through all the stress it just happened this way and there was nothing anyone could have done to help him. He spent 3 days at the vets and fought his little heart out - he was just 8 months old and had a very big future! From his first ever show, it became quite clear that this boy was going to pave the way for the parti colours here in Australia - it was virtually unheard of a parti colour being awarded over a solid colour pom, and time and time again our Teddy knocked off the solid colours to win his classes and groups!!! I think to my knowledge he was only unplaced once which is just amazing. I have a picture of Teddy taken at 7 1/2 months old - just starting to come into himself!

post-23538-1280565748_thumb.jpg

Edited by Partipaws

So sorry for your loss Partipaws, how very sad.

I too have been having a pretty awful time, from 9 babies we are now down to 6.

We lost 2 babies within a couple of days of being born, then last friday I rushed one little girl to Werribee in the wee hours, It seems she may have had a twisted bowel or a obstruction so she was PTS, you just don't expect to loose them at 2 weeks of age.

The rest are doing Ok, growing bigger every day, I will add some pictures tonight.

Congrates to all the other new babies.

Sorry to hear of the loss of three of your babies Silverblue :heart: You are right ..don't expect any loses after two weeks

My three babies are growing so fast ..3 1/2 weeks already ..starting to climb out of their box now ..soon will be full on ..love this time now they are getting their own little personalities.

post-22442-1280791266_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words - I am doing better this week - its been 2 weeks now since Teddy's passing, still a huge shock and feel deeply lost without him, but have to keep going and keep positive for the others now - besides I have to very sweet bundles of fluff who I have to tend to and keep strong for.

Sorry to hear about the puppies you lost Silverblue - that is not very nice at all and especially when they should be strong and thriving at that age!!! All the best wishes to those you still have with you, may they thrive and grow up to be healthy and strong!

Bordercollies4 me your babies look oh so cute and boy they are growing so quickly now - thank you for sharing.

Redkidsmum your babies are looking wonderful, glowing with health and look gorgeous - they are sure looking like poodle pups now :eek:

My babies are doing well - they will be 5 weeks this coming tuesday! They are getting their coats now and looking more like a pom instead of a guinea pig! They found their feet around 3 and a half weeks of age and now they are running about and playing with each other - both have made numerous attempts of escaping from the whelping box, but we skillfully made it bigger then usual and a little higher so they wont be getting out yet - maybe next week :) - actually I take that back, I should not be laughing, once they escape that will be the end of life as I know it - LOL

Any one got any ideas for names (call name and reg name)???

We are thinking of keeping the black boy, he looks really promising at the moment....

post-23538-1281246377_thumb.jpg

post-23538-1281246392_thumb.jpg