- Agility x 2 (AADA & ANKC)

- Endurance Test

- Weight Pull

- Earth Dog

- Retrieving

- Herding

:swear:

Don't forget those horrile noisy flyball dogs. :D

Oh it's been such a lovely year so far for my ears. ;)

ANKC recognised competitive lure coursing. If I didn't have to work for a living I'd try and make it happen myself.

I cannot believe that other breed groups can organise to get earthdog, herding, gun dog tests etc recognised yet a sport that is huge in Europe and North America is not ANKC recognised here. Even Schutzhund is recovering but sighthounds are still stuck with nothing unless they live in QLD. And even that is not officially recognised. I need someone to leave me silly amounts of money so that I can do it :D

OOh, I'd be interested in this. What do you think it would take to get it u p& running??

I don't think we're that spoilt for choice in Perth :D Terriers don't have a whole lot to do outside of Agility / Obedience / Tracking

The top three I would like to see happening here:

- Earth Dog

- Lure Coursing

- Flyball

Although Dock Diving has been 'introduced' here I would like to see it actually get going! After the WDG's I've heard of no more training or events :D

I would love the Utility Gundog Working Tests to come to ACT/NSW or indeed get going more in Victoria where it's been introduced. I'd love something more like the Hunting Tests in the USA which would make Gundog work more accessible to non-hunters.

Are Utility Gundog Working Tests different to GWT? I don't think I've seen any GWT here in Perth, I'd love to see one and perhaps do one.

Yes, very different. They are for the Utility Gundog breeds only and tests all 5 aspects of the Utility Gundogs - conformation, obedience, retrieving, hunting (and pointing) and tracking/trailing (of game, not people). Unlike a GWT which tests a bit of obedience and a basic retrieve.

Edited by FHRP

Although Dock Diving has been 'introduced' here I would like to see it actually get going! After the WDG's I've heard of no more training or events ;)

I would love the Utility Gundog Working Tests to come to ACT/NSW or indeed get going more in Victoria where it's been introduced. I'd love something more like the Hunting Tests in the USA which would make Gundog work more accessible to non-hunters.

Are Utility Gundog Working Tests different to GWT? I don't think I've seen any GWT here in Perth, I'd love to see one and perhaps do one.

Yes, very different. They are for the Utility Gundog breeds only and tests all 5 aspects of the Utility Gundogs - conformation, obedience, retrieving, hunting (and pointing) and tracking/trailing (of game, not people). Unlike a GWT which tests a bit of obedience and a basic retrieve.

Thanks :swear: Sounds like a nice test! Shame I don't own a utility gundog :D Do you "earn" anything for it?

ANKC recognised competitive lure coursing. If I didn't have to work for a living I'd try and make it happen myself.

I cannot believe that other breed groups can organise to get earthdog, herding, gun dog tests etc recognised yet a sport that is huge in Europe and North America is not ANKC recognised here. Even Schutzhund is recovering but sighthounds are still stuck with nothing unless they live in QLD. And even that is not officially recognised. I need someone to leave me silly amounts of money so that I can do it ;)

I second that motion! now let's go buy lottery tickets :D

Dock Diving needs to come to Qld.

Though we're quite spoilt in that we have:

- Dances with Dogs

- Tracking

- Lure Coursing

- Disc Dogs

- Obedience

- Agility x 2 (AADA & ANKC)

- Endurance Test

- Weight Pull

- Earth Dog

- Retrieving

- Herding

:)

Don't forget those horrile noisy flyball dogs. :laugh:

Oh it's been such a lovely year so far for my ears. :)

You sure they were flyball dogs?

I cannot believe that other breed groups can organise to get earthdog, herding, gun dog tests etc recognised yet a sport that is huge in Europe and North America is not ANKC recognised here. Even Schutzhund is recovering but sighthounds are still stuck with nothing unless they live in QLD. And even that is not officially recognised. I need someone to leave me silly amounts of money so that I can do it :laugh:

OOh, I'd be interested in this. What do you think it would take to get it u p& running??

One of the things on my stupidly long "to do" list is to have dinner with a local guy who was instrumental in getting Dances with Dogs' ANKC recognition to find out how they did it. I should give him a call.

Thanks :) Sounds like a nice test! Shame I don't own a utility gundog :laugh: Do you "earn" anything for it?

One day you'll see the light and get a Utility Gundog :) Yes, titles can be earned UG & UGX I believe. I don't think any dog has yet

Thanks :) Sounds like a nice test! Shame I don't own a utility gundog :laugh: Do you "earn" anything for it?

One day you'll see the light and get a Utility Gundog :) Yes, titles can be earned UG & UGX I believe. I don't think any dog has yet

:) Sorry, love my Labradors too much!! Though is an English Setter a Utility Gundog? Because I would love one of them :confused:

french ring would be nice

can you explain what this is???

FR is a dog sport which was developed to test dogs for working ability before breeding. The dogs are tested in obedience, protection, food refusal and jumping exercises. It is similar to KNPV and makes Schutzhund look like a glorified obedience competition...oh wait up a minute. :laugh:

french ring would be nice

can you explain what this is???

FR is a dog sport which was developed to test dogs for working ability before breeding. The dogs are tested in obedience, protection, food refusal and jumping exercises. It is similar to KNPV and makes Schutzhund look like a glorified obedience competition...oh wait up a minute. :laugh:

You would have buckleys of getting french Ring accepted. The ANKC won't accept the glorified obedience sport of Schtuzhund. These are terrible sports and teach dogs to be savage and bite people and become dangerous, and anyway dogs weren't designed to perform these functions they were designed to dance, and catch frsbies and stuff.

If these sports were introduced it would be interesting to see how many dogs would be suitable for breeding. Not many I would think. The strong show focus of some breeds has well and truly damaged their ability to work like the breed was initially designed to do. But hey they look pretty.

Thanks :confused: Sounds like a nice test! Shame I don't own a utility gundog :laugh: Do you "earn" anything for it?

:) Sorry, love my Labradors too much!! Though is an English Setter a Utility Gundog? Because I would love one of them :cheer:

Nope, Setter aren't Utility Gundogs. Vizslas, GSPs, Weimaraners, Brittanys, Spinoni, Bracco, WH Vizslas, GWPs, Munsterlanders all are... I'm sure I've missed some :) I started with a Labrador and still like them, but I doubt I'll ever go back. I did quite like the working English Setters at the Field trial I was at on the weekend though....

Thanks :cheer: Sounds like a nice test! Shame I don't own a utility gundog :laugh: Do you "earn" anything for it?

:) Sorry, love my Labradors too much!! Though is an English Setter a Utility Gundog? Because I would love one of them :party:

Nope, Setter aren't Utility Gundogs. Vizslas, GSPs, Weimaraners, Brittanys, Spinoni, Bracco, WH Vizslas, GWPs, Munsterlanders all are... I'm sure I've missed some :) I started with a Labrador and still like them, but I doubt I'll ever go back. I did quite like the working English Setters at the Field trial I was at on the weekend though....

Damn, will just have to stick to my Labs then :laugh: My old faithfuls :confused:

I would definately love to see Schutzhund, French and Belgian Ring and KNPV become accepted as working activities for many working breeds, and as an outlet to express their natural abilities and inherent drives :)

and anyway dogs weren't designed to perform these functions they were designed to dance, and catch frsbies and stuff.

I enjoy seeing people get involved with their dogs in those activities but otherwise....the irony here is spot on.

Edited by kateshep

I would definately love to see Schutzhund, French and Belgian Ring and KNPV become accepted as working activities for many working breeds, and as an outlet to express their natural abilities and inherent drives :)
and anyway dogs weren't designed to perform these functions they were designed to dance, and catch frsbies and stuff.

I enjoy seeing people get involved with their dogs in those activities but otherwise....the irony here is spot on.

I don't think they let anyone do KNPV outside the Netherlands anyway, do they? So we couldn't have it in Australasia even if we wanted to. That's my understanding anyway.

It would be great to have Mondio here though, I've watched some footage of trials and it looks super fun.