The Nova Scotia Duck Toller Tell His Funny Quirks

Jason Cyr

What is the shifty eyes?

He sounds like a cutie though... need some pics :)

Shifty eyes, you know when he’s lying down, sitting there looking at you from the corner of his eye. He won’t move his head or his body just the eyes. He also loves to role in the mud or dirt when he gets out of the water.

My Golden Retriever does that. :)

Here's a Toller flying a hot air balloon.

post-9025-1277255397_thumb.jpg

Oh wow where was that taken?

Canberra Balloon Festival.

Love the picture, can I get you to upload it on TheToller.com

• 2 weeks later...
Only 8 more sleeps until my new little toller man, Strauss arrives from Norway and I can't wait. :grouphug:

30 days in Quarantine and then he gets to come home and meet the rest of the family :thanks:

Hey Congrat’s, I’m still trying to convince my wife to get another. We’ve been trying to get London ready for at least 1 Senior AKC hunt test this year, so all of my time has been going to that. We are 3/3 and only one more test next week for his junior title.

Make you post he new picture on TheToller.com

Thanks and Good Luck

• 9 months later...

My toller Djinn Djinn is now 16 months old and does many of the quiks already mentioned - especially loves putting her head in holes. She doesn't dig her own but any small space will quickly have her head in it if I let her (not often!). Taught her to squeeze her head between my knees from behind when I stand up and say "Where's Djinn Djinn?". Hilarious facial expression when she's pushing through :D

Loves loves loves food, I've found very few things she won't eat.

If she wants attention will lie down and stare at you until you notice. Shifty eyes too!

Will do about 3 reps of a trick then will offer something new, presumably because she gets bored quick!

Countersurfing - very much. Anything she nabs ends up in the same place under the washing line outside. Usually shoes or socks or the washing-up sponge. Can usually tell if she's managed to grab something if she runs for the dog door.

If playing with toys by herself, will usually be upside down with it in mouth and paws and wriggling around. Sleeps upside down often too.

Gotta love Tollers! :love:post-37309-0-12405700-1304756125_thumb.jpg