1st Obediance Trial 31/7 Shoalhaven Club

Oh crap what have i done :birthday: diesel and i are starting our obediance trialing career at the shoalhaven dog club trial at the end of july, every time i think of it i get butterrflys already :rofl:

so any tips for my first trial? i picked a smaller club trial as my first time plus its my own club so that diesel is comfortable on the grounds any thing else i should do to prepare him?

Edited by SBT303

Go Diesel :)

My two will hopefully make their debut soon to and it makes me nervous just thinking about it :thanks: . Just remember to have fun :D .

If you pop into the Training Talk Thread huski is about to make her debut with her Beagle Daisy :thanks:

LOL thanks for reminding me Tiggy! :):thanks:

There is some good advice in the training talk thread as I recently asked the same thing. What you do to prepare your dog is really an individual thing. For me ideally I do nothing with Daisy at least 24 hours before hand: no food, training, games, walks etc. Some people do the opposite. Just what works best for your dog :thanks:

thanks guys we have been having trouble with sit stay for the past few months but he did a perfect one on wensday so i hope we have turned the corner there my instructor is trying to get me to enter wollongong on the 4th but i dont know if im ready that quickly :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

:thumbsup: way to go. You will be able to have a good day and dont just sit around all day i suggest you watch the ring by yourself for one dog if possible this will help you to know what pattern the ring work is being done in.

:thumbsup: do remember that you little baby does need to go to the toilet just like you do and ensure it also has access to water on the day!!!

:laugh: Best of luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok 2 weeks to go and im officialy sh*ting myself :rofl: we had another good night at training on wed and my instructor is happy with diesel but aparently i walk like "a gallion in full sail" :rofl: iv got 4 more sessions befor the trial keep your fingers crossed for me please

ETA: i didnt enter wollongong too scared lol

Edited by SBT303

Ok 2 weeks to go and im officialy sh*ting myself :rofl: we had another good night at training on wed and my instructor is happy with diesel but aparently i walk like "a gallion in full sail" :rofl: iv got 4 more sessions befor the trial keep your fingers crossed for me please

Ooh good luck!! We are entered at that trial, too! I will try and keep an eye out for you! If you see a fluffy Keeshond walking around with a tall blonde girl, come say hi! :rofl:

Ok 2 weeks to go and im officialy sh*ting myself :birthday: we had another good night at training on wed and my instructor is happy with diesel but aparently i walk like "a gallion in full sail" :( iv got 4 more sessions befor the trial keep your fingers crossed for me please

You walk like a "gallion in full sale" and I need to stop talking to my dog lol....

I will be there stewarding to cheer you on :rolleyes:

Nice work! I'll be cheering for you (so long as I'm not in the ring at the same time!)

I think I'm last or 2nd last in the novice ring (can't remember exactly), so I probably will be able to watch!

Edited by TerraNik

Are you entered for the am or pm ? or both? iv got diesel entered in both but will have to see how he goes?

We have lost our loose lead walking and he has started pulling like a steam train :rofl: and he is lunging to greet other dogs :p it took me months to fix it last time and now i only have a week ;)

• 2 weeks later...