Photo Call For Sydney

Red Fox

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but why are those with breeds not listed entering? The facebook page is just being flooded with pics, many of dogs not on his list.

I get that everyone would love to have a chance, but he's specified the breeds/colours he wants..?

Maybe they received a different email, cause I noticed quite a few non purebred dogs entered :):(:laugh:

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but why are those with breeds not listed entering? The facebook page is just being flooded with pics, many of dogs not on his list.

I get that everyone would love to have a chance, but he's specified the breeds/colours he wants..?

I agree :) It feels very desperate and like the owners aren't so bright?

I think Sas' Dante has a good chance of being short listed.

Good luck to everyone entered. I love Peter's PJ's, they last forever and are very comfy!

What a cheeky way of saving himself all the money he would normally have to pay to book that many doggy models through an agency.

They are also pretty hopeful in thinking they will get it all done in a couple of hours. Photo shoots are usually an all day affair, even with just a few perfectly trained dogs.

I'm going to enter Emmy for kicks and giggles...

Although, I doubt she will be chosen though. I think she will be a pain to work with. She's such a Diva and will throw tantrums if she doesn't have her own way.. :):laugh:

Awww... how could anyone resist Emmy? :(

Good luck to all the danes too :eek:

I think Sas' Dante has a good chance of being short listed.

I agree, the photos of Dante are very striking.

I also can't believe some of the photos entered, half pug / half JRT :)

eta when he specifically asked for purebreeds

Edited by HollyMilo

What a cheeky way of saving himself all the money he would normally have to pay to book that many doggy models through an agency.

They are also pretty hopeful in thinking they will get it all done in a couple of hours. Photo shoots are usually an all day affair, even with just a few perfectly trained dogs.

A day? We have done a couple now - 1 took 10 mins and the other took about an hour but that involved 4 dogs (individually and groups).

:( There is a Ruthless photo submitted!

Boo the black Great Dane :)

:laugh: it was cheeky of me to use it but used the opportunity to give Ruth a plug!

He's not saying anything negative about mongrels.. just that he wants purebreds for the photo shoot..

I added Genevieve.. he didn't specify that he didn't want a retarded Great Dane.. so we're in with a shot!! :)

I received this link in an email today and thought I'd post it here in case any Sydney DOLers are interested. It's a photo call for the the Peter Alexander catalogue. Pure breeds only :rofl:http://peteralexander.com.au/tem/PA_peters...Click=photocall

"Hello Sydney-siders, and general dog lovers!

I am doing a photo shoot for my next catalogue in Sydney on the 17th or 18th of June and I'm needing some really 'posh' looking dogs for my shoot. So, who has a gorgeous dog and is free to come to Alexandria (Sydney) for an hour on either of these dates?

I am going to be very fussy about which dogs I use so I would need to see a photo first, 'a bit like a model casting'. You would be rewarded for your time with a PA gift voucher plus your dog would be named in my catalogue!

What I am after are the following pure breeds ...

1. Bull dog or French bull dog
  2. Chihuahua
  3. Giant white groomed poodle
  4. Afghan
  5. White boxer
  6. Labrador / Golden Retriever puppy that is white or blonde
  7. Dachshund
  8. Chow
  9. Dalmatian
  10. Great Dane
  11. Shar Pei

All you need to do is simply post your dog's photo on my Facebook_button.gif page by Monday 14th June!

If you live near Alexandria in Sydney (that's where the shoot is) and your dog is interested in being a star please respond.

Love Peter_sig.gif "

aww what a shame you are not looking for raw type dogs! :laugh:

Let me know when you are the Xoloitzcuintle will be waiting lol

just down the road from me ,and i have a dally :rofl:

perhaps i should get my teenage duaghter out of bed and ask her how i apply :laugh:

hey jacq, you have some good pics of appollo, which one should i send?

just looked ,all my pics of him are old, can we use one of yours jacq?

wonder if they want a white bully :rofl:

Edited by juice