Sheltie Bi-black Litter

We mated our bi-black girl, Bree, to a sable dog who we thought may be carrying the bi-factored gene, as his Mum has produced a bi-black and his great grandfather and Bree's grandfather are one and the same, a bi-black.

We are proud to announce the arrival today of a shaded sable dog and bitch. :thumbsup:

AND a relpica of both Bree, and her bi-black brother Odin, i.e a bi-black bitch and a bi-black dog. :thumbsup::laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

Can you tell we are excited. :thumbsup:

Many thanks to Wynnlake for coming over for the day, your help and support was wonderful :cheer: and to Bonduca for keeping in touch via phone calls :cheer:

Off to get some dinner for OH and self, a glass of celebratory Merlot and then into the whelping room with Bree and her babies.

Edited by Hesapandabear

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, we are over the moon.

First pup born at 12.50pm last at 4.25pm.

Weights:

Sable dog- 332g

Sable bitch -257g

Bi bitch-285g

Bi dog-334g

Dare I say it but the dog is even "flashier" at this age than Odin :eek: He has a huge white collar, white on his head and tail.

Will try for photos later today.

Sable and b/w on own are the dogs, the two together the bitches. Chubba bubbas :shrug:

Just beautiful hesapandabear! You must be thrilled!!

The boy with the flashy markings looks to have white markings on the forehead as well - Going off memory both your bi-blacks last time had no markings on their faces is that right?? I see that Odin does not! Is it better in your breed to have white markings on the face? With our parti poms it is not really specifically mentioned in the breed standards so you could show a parti with no markings on the face so long as there is 50% white to 50% colour ratio or more and patches evenly distributed! But amongst the breed it is "preferred" that there is a facial blaze which is even - so I do place some emphasis on the facial blaze when I decide on showing one - but regardless if it is quality then I will show it no matter what :mad

Is the marking a blaze or star - he will be different look altogether from Odin - but thats great as you want difference!!!

Well done to you!!! So happy for you!

Jess xo