Prices Of Pedigree Puppies.

Gayle.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was first researching Whippets I was very pleasently suprised at the purchase price.

I have researched other breeds that do have a higher price tag and were a little out of our reach - not to say it was too high, just at the time we couldn't afford it.

She missed a lot of breeds, because she is only listing those that state a price in their litter advertisements.

:laugh:

What would be an awesome test would be to get pictures of a pedigreed litter and pictures of a BYB litter of certain breeds.

Then go up to people and ask them

a) Where do they think this puppy came from

b) How much they think it would cost

Would be very interesting to see how some people respond

Edited by Esky the husky

prices didn't look that bad.

haven't changed much over the years

but you did miss some breeds

I only included the breeds that had advertised prices on the DOL puppy listings. I am not interested in what breeds are "worth", just the average advertised price of pedigree puppies.

And if a breed had puppies listed but no prices, they weren't included.

did u just volunteer?

would be good for a laugh :o

Well kinda :laugh:

I was just comparing Gayle's prices of DOL adds that state price to BYB prices advertised on a highly popular site (highest prices shown)

So far we have:

Akita $1000 pet $1500 show BYB b$1200

American Cocker Spaniel $300 (older pup, may be reduced price) byb $300

American Staffordshire Terriers $600.00 byb-$1000

Australian Cattle Dog $700.00 $500

Bassett Hound $1,400 BYB $1300

Beagle $950.00 BYB 700

Belgian Shepherd $700 BYB 545

Border Collie $800 BYB $800

Considering having registered breeders is like having a lifetime warranty, it definitely not worth what you save in the short term over the course of a dogs life.

Edited by Esky the husky

Can tell you unequivocally that the price here for the American Cocker is DRASTICALLY marked down!!!!! My guess is that the breeders want to do a quick offload at that price because it is most certainly not typical for an American Cocker of ANY age!!!!!

Can tell you unequivocally that the price here for the American Cocker is DRASTICALLY marked down!!!!! My guess is that the breeders want to do a quick offload at that price because it is most certainly not typical for an American Cocker of ANY age!!!!!

it may not be typical but it's an advertised price for a pedigree puppy and therefor valid for this list.

it may not be typical but it's an advertised price for a pedigree puppy and therefor valid for this list.

Am aware of that, but as you yourself pointed out when you posted that it may be a reduced price, I thought I would confirm that it most definitely IS a reduced price.

But that particular breeder might advertise all their puppies at that price, we have no way of knowing as they don't say in the ad that the price is reduced. Hence the word 'may'.

They don't and I know that for a fact having been involved with the breed for many years and knowing the breeder involved.