Worried

If it is blood and as dark as the op says then it would have to be digested blood.

not necessarily, it could be clotted blood, if his esophagus is bleeding and he is swollowing the blood it will clot in his stomach and make him sick. Besides some people go funny around blood and see more than meets the eye, for instance when I take bloods off people our largest tube only holds 8.5ml, but people think Ive taken gallons off them, they are usually surprised to find its less than 10ml

I don't mean to alarm you but I received an email this week about a red chip bark/garden mulch that is extremely toxic to dogs.

I think a vet visit is definately needed and I hope everything is ok.

I thought of that too but i figured that our other dog would be sick too seeing as she eats more chipbark than she does he now also looks different in the eyes and his face.

I don't mean to alarm you but I received an email this week about a red chip bark/garden mulch that is extremely toxic to dogs.

That email going around is false.

I hope you've taken your dog to the vet.

I thought of that too but i figured that our other dog would be sick too seeing as she eats more chipbark than she does he now also looks different in the eyes and his face.

If you're worried enough to post about it on the internet, spend the money and take the dog to the vet NOW.

He could be very bady dehydrated for a start.

This would have to be a wind up surely?

Unfortunately I don't think so :o

yeah probably not.....

people can be quite dopey....like the owner of the 2 Poms i just groomed. BAD SKIN, like ripped up badly with open sores everywhere. Hey guess what ,they're PACKED with fleas. So i ask if they have seen the vet "oh no we just rub avocados on it" ....OKAY, next question, do you use any flea treatments ....quite triumphantly she proudly boasts.." oh yes we use wool wash all the time" !!!!!!!!!!!

Where the He!! do people get these ideas ?? (i have heard the wool wash myth before , but never the avocado one!) and when they are obviously NOT working, why do they blindly continue???

Anyway as for the OP .....you shouldn't have to ask .If it looks remotely like blood exiting the dog from any orifice, i'd be at the vet in a flash for peace of mind if nothing else.

Like many old wives tales and myths, some of it is based on a fine sliver of truth. The wool wash myth would be based on the fact that eucalyptus is a natural insect deterrant. How effective it is, is debatable.

This would have to be a wind up surely?

Unfortunately I don't think so :cry:

yeah probably not.....

people can be quite dopey....like the owner of the 2 Poms i just groomed. BAD SKIN, like ripped up badly with open sores everywhere. Hey guess what ,they're PACKED with fleas. So i ask if they have seen the vet "oh no we just rub avocados on it" ....OKAY, next question, do you use any flea treatments ....quite triumphantly she proudly boasts.." oh yes we use wool wash all the time" !!!!!!!!!!!

Where the He!! do people get these ideas ?? (i have heard the wool wash myth before , but never the avocado one!) and when they are obviously NOT working, why do they blindly continue???

Anyway as for the OP .....you shouldn't have to ask .If it looks remotely like blood exiting the dog from any orifice, i'd be at the vet in a flash for peace of mind if nothing else.

Just to add on the dopey bit (not directed at anyone) we had a couple come in to the Emergency Hospital with their pet on the weekend. non ambulatory collapsed, temp of 30.2 and had been like that for 3 days....YES THAT"S RIGHT 3 DAYS.

Needless to say this pet did not make it home again.

Seriously, would you not think to be concerned a little earlier???

Like many old wives tales and myths, some of it is based on a fine sliver of truth. The wool wash myth would be based on the fact that eucalyptus is a natural insect deterrant. How effective it is, is debatable.

How good it is for a dog's skin is another issue. :cry: