Raffle For The Animal Welfare Leage

penny A

would anyone work for or know anyone that would donate prizes for a fun raising raffle for the animal welfare league?

we are a non-profit charitable shelter for all kinds of animals but mainly dogs and cats.

we are based on the gold coast. (Stapylton)

we are trying to run a raffle but need good prizes to attract people to buy tickets. all money that we raise goes directly back into the shelter to improve living conditions for these animals ie building another exericse area for the dogs, help build a new cattery etc

if anyone would like to help or may know someone who would like to help please leave a message with your contact and I will be in touch.

thankyou

penny

Edited by penny A

would anyone work for or know anyone that would donate prizes for a fun raising raffle for the animal welfare league?

we are a non-charitable shelter for all kinds of animals but mainly dogs and cats.

we are based on the gold coast.

we are trying to run a raffle but need good prizes to attract people to buy tickets. all money that we raise goes directly back into the shelter to improve living conditions for these animals ie building another exericse area for the dogs, help build a new cattery etc

if anyone would like to help or may know someone who would like to help please leave a message with your contact and I will be in touch.

thankyou

penny

I might be able to help but first. What do you mean by a non charitable shelter?

I am amazed that the AWL would actually have someone posting ona dog forum looking for products..... surely they are a little more professionally run that that or is the QLD version different to NSW? I mean, seriously?? :(

Better read the fine print too.

Animal Welfare League of Qld is a non-profit, charitable organisation receiving no government funding for welfare work, relying predominantly on the community for both financial and emotional support.

Penny, BFR recently had an auction night and the products came mainly from their supporters and were very diverse. Someone worked for a mobile phone company and got a phone donated. Someone else was an airforce pilot and got a flight simulation donated. There were also spa vouchers that went down well and lots of bottles of wine. What I bought was a small framed painting done by one of the foster dogs. There was one done by a foster cat and both were very highly sought after - bids went high! I have since printed out and laminated a pic of the dog that did mine and stuck it on the back of the painting, which makes it more personal. I saw that there is a shelter in America that does a huge pet painted exhibition every year to raise funds. So what about getting a couple of paintings done by the 'inmates' and raffle those? Something different to the usual gift basket of animal goodies?

AWL varies greatly between states, in QLD they do some damn amazing work and should be particularly noted for their wonderful community education programs.

Have to say though, I'm surprised to see such a post as the AWL have quite a well set up fundraising section and even run their own op shops, have training facilities for hire ect.

we are a non-charitable shelter for all kinds of animals but mainly dogs and cats.

we are based on the gold coast.

thankyou

penny

I might be able to help but first. What do you mean by a non charitable shelter?

It is a non-profit organization. we do not get any funding from the goverment at all. We take in thousands of animals each year from pounds and people surrendering their animals. They then get temperament tested then vet checked then de-sexed, micro-chipped, vaccinated, etc then they go up for adoption.

The problem we are having is we have our new shelter and people still dont know about us so we are trying to make people aware of us. To encourage people to adopt a homeless animal than go to a pet shop or a puppy farm.

We are always running the shelters at a loss so are always looking for ways to get more funding etc hence my raffle idea.

if you would like to visit our website it is www.awlqld.com.au It is the Stapylton shelter we are trying to help.

cheers

highly recommend looking at the relevant government grants - particularly anything to do with community education - you could chase a grant for a public open day, or to run some community doggy fun days with an educational component. There are grants specifically for advertising but the majority are targeted at events for the community - no reason you can't make that work for you.

I agree with Kissindra - if AWL are incorporated (which I believe they are) then they should be applying for Jupiters and Gambling grants. I know for a fact that RSPCA are successful with obtaining grants through these funding programs which are managed by DEEDI in Qld. I used to read and assist with grants applications for another dept and have links to someone who looks after Jupiters and Gambling so would be happy to help put grant applications together to make them more successful. Grants can be used to buy vehicles, equipment, items for events and for capitol works (buildings).

Julie/Steve - your inbox is full so here is my pm back to you re grants -

I will print out and take a copy of the guidelines home with me tonight then look at your website tomorrow and give you some suggestions on what you can apply for and how it needs to be done. Does that suit? Do you have another email addy you can pm me in case your inbox is full again?

Alyson

Julie/Steve - your inbox is full so here is my pm back to you re grants -

I will print out and take a copy of the guidelines home with me tonight then look at your website tomorrow and give you some suggestions on what you can apply for and how it needs to be done. Does that suit? Do you have another email addy you can pm me in case your inbox is full again?

Alyson

Yes I can give you my personal one and I can take it the guys who actually run the main shelter and show them. That will be great. thank you so much.

[email protected].

I am so grateful to all your responses everyone is very helpful.

penny

Penny - the message above was in relation to a pm from Julie and MDBA Pacers (her mailbox was full), but I am more than happy to pass on the same info to you for AWL. The next funding rounds close 31 August so there is a while to get the applications done and you wont be competing with each other for the same small pool of money so don't worry - each application is assessed on its merits and the money pool is very large (lots of people like to gamble!).

Alyson