Dogs Are "unclean" And Not To Be Kept As Pets

MarieC

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I live where I do. Not many moslems up this way,(yet) so I don't have to deal with their offensive beliefs.

Yes they can be quite intrusive and actually expect that western society convey to their way of thinking. They complain about xmas carols, they whinge about pork being served on social gatherings, they moan about the crucifix being displayed on walls, they criticise women wearing bikinis at the beach and so it goes on. Very offensive considering that they have been welcomed into this country and yet think that they are the be all, end all! :laugh:

All I gotta say is if ya don't like it, go back where ya came from.

Edited by Moselle

Check this out... here's an article from 2007 pertaining to a crackdown in Iran by the regime against dogs and dog owners. It's really horrible that dog owners and their loved pets can be treated like this, simply so the state apparatus can show them who's boss. Link here. It's easy to play the part of the impotent apologist and say hey, it's their belief system... but is it? Or is it some undemocratically appointed cleric wielding some political muscle and maintaining control of the population by terrorizing a specific part of it. Man, as if owning a dog aligns you to "the West" anyway.

Try getting a taxi these days with a dog (I have a small one) even if it is in travel crate- some shifts it is just not possible to get a taxi....I was told that "no operators on this shift will carry a dog"...maybe next shift! It took me a while to catch on why...

Very sad to us but to them as its part of their culture they cannot see it was wrong or sad. When I workde the Passive Alert Narcotic Dog I had to be mindful of Muslims as if the dog touched any part of them or their clothing they were bound by tradition and religion to wash 7 times and perform a ritula thingymajig!

Different cultures have certainly interesting views, imagine what they must think of us when we dress up little dogs and put them in handbags, or poof and spray up hair and march around a grass ring with a bejewelled lead! :mad

Lol

J

I'm glad I live where I do. Not many moslems up this way,(yet) so I don't have to deal with their offensive beliefs.

lol.

''Moslems''

Them Moslems been dun tryna take ma land with their beards and dates. Cornsarnit!

Can be spelt that way as well - just a variant. Pretty poor attempt at humour if all you can find to have a go at is my spelling...

Just telling it like it is Crisovar, at least I don't pretend to be something I'm not.

Meh. Different cultures, different beliefs.

Least they don't eat em ey? :laugh:

No, but they can be very, very inhumane. I have a friend serving in Afghanistan at the moment, he asked a local why none of the dogs have ears, apparently it makes them more aggresive having their ears cut off. The dog fighting problem s endemic in many muslim countries and in Afghanistan it is a public holiday for the biggest dog fighting day of the year, apparently by the end of the day 100,s of dogs are killed and maimed. Religiously sanctioned animal abuse is stil abuse.

When the taliban came to power in Afghanistan, the pets were rounded up and taken from peoples houses and burned on a large pyre by the religious zeolots. I read a book about a family who managed to smuggle their dogs out just before the dog killings began.

The koran however has a subclause about dogs, it says about all dogs being unclean except Salukis, who are classed as the hound of Allah and not really dogs but something very special and quite okay to share a tent with.

Err, no. You're friend is putting the cart before the horse.

The dogs'ears are cropped off because (as your friend would have noticed)

there are no vets within cooee;

cropping the ears prevents injury and infection.

;)

NB: There has always been dog fighting in Afghanistan. From the time there were shepherds with sheep there were fights between dogs.

Edited by lilli

Well I am sorry but I dont think culture or ignorance is an excuse for cruelty-Abuse is Abuse which ever way you look at it.

If the dogs in Afghanistan are living in ideal situations why is it that in Helmand province the American and British soldiers have started an organisation called Nowzad dogs, to try and ease the suffering of the dogs and already 80 dogs have been adopted and flown out of Afghanistan.

On the upside, a vet for the Royal Veterinary Corps has been vaccinating and de-sexing local dogs around Kabul and giving leather collars to owners in exchange for the barbed wire ones, his article was published in a recent HSI newsletter.

post-28340-1277331861.jpg

Edited by Robbi

Well I am sorry but I dont think culture or ignorance is an excuse for cruelty-Abuse is Abuse which ever way you look at it. If the dogs in Afghanistan are living in ideal situations why is it that in Helmand province the American and British soldiers have started an organisation called Nowzad dogs, to try and ease the suffering of the dogs and already 80 dogs have been adopted and flown out of Afghanistan.

On the upside, a vet for the Royal Veterinary Corps has been vaccinating and de-sexing local dogs around Kabul and giving leather collars to owners in exchange for the barbed wire ones, his article was published in a recent HSI newsletter.

Nor is culture and ignorance an excuse for logical fallacy.

Barbed wire collars and metal spiked collars actually have a purpose or protecting the dog when in a confrontation.

And perhaps

if American and British et al soldiers were not in Afghanistan fighting a war they cannot win

the dogs would not be suffering as much, as with the people.

Edited by lilli

Least they don't eat em ey? :cheer:

No, but they can be very, very inhumane. I have a friend serving in Afghanistan at the moment, he asked a local why none of the dogs have ears, apparently it makes them more aggresive having their ears cut off. The dog fighting problem s endemic in many muslim countries and in Afghanistan it is a public holiday for the biggest dog fighting day of the year, apparently by the end of the day 100,s of dogs are killed and maimed. Religiously sanctioned animal abuse is stil abuse.

When the taliban came to power in Afghanistan, the pets were rounded up and taken from peoples houses and burned on a large pyre by the religious zeolots. I read a book about a family who managed to smuggle their dogs out just before the dog killings began.

The koran however has a subclause about dogs, it says about all dogs being unclean except Salukis, who are classed as the hound of Allah and not really dogs but something very special and quite okay to share a tent with.

:laugh:

NB: There has always been dog fighting in Afghanistan. From the time there were shepherds with sheep there were fights between dogs.

Common sense would indicate that severing a dog's ears is most definitely not to prevent infection esp. dogs with prick ears. Feeble excuse I'm afraid.

Check this out... here's an article from 2007 pertaining to a crackdown in Iran by the regime against dogs and dog owners. It's really horrible that dog owners and their loved pets can be treated like this, simply so the state apparatus can show them who's boss. Link here. It's easy to play the part of the impotent apologist and say hey, it's their belief system... but is it? Or is it some undemocratically appointed cleric wielding some political muscle and maintaining control of the population by terrorizing a specific part of it. Man, as if owning a dog aligns you to "the West" anyway.

yeah okay, some undemocratically appointed cleric wielding some political muscle to control its population does not apply here in Oz hence taxi drivers making life most uncomfortable when it comes to giving someone a ride who happens to own a dog. I once had my beloved chihuahua (about 7 yrs ago) in my bag, only part of her head was sticking out; I was walking around a major shopping centre, didn't go to a grocery place or any place that was serving or selling food, yet a couple of muslim men in their 20's saw me and made a point of alerting security guards and demanded that I be thrown out cause I was being offensive in walking around with my chi in my handbag! That had nothing to do with political power of any sort except their absurd religion coming into play! I resented that because the last time I looked I was in Oz and not in their country. How dare they come to Oz and start to dictate by forcing their nonsensical beliefs onto us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I had any power they would soon be shipped back to where they belong. If they adapt to OUR way of life, fair enough but if they start exerting their way of life onto us that is an entirely different matter!

Edited by Moselle

Our civilised christian country has a great track record with animals, lets kill over 10,000 dogs so the evil pitbulls don't eat us all alive on the streets. Lets not start on the destruction of our native species.

Ignorance, stupidity and cruelty is alive well wherever humans walk.

Least they don't eat em ey? ;)

:D

Common sense would indicate that severing a dog's ears is most definitely not to prevent infection esp. dogs with prick ears. Feeble excuse I'm afraid.

What does your common sense indicate 'severing' (for maximum emotive effect) a dogs ear

achieves and why?

Edited by lilli

Least they don't eat em ey? ;)

:D

Common sense and research could also prove that circumcision of little boys does nothing but it still goes ion in "civilised" countries!

;)

there is not a lot of common sense in the world wherever you go!~