Maggie Is Gone

Pugmum

after two days of having to increase her tramadol (pain meds) I made the decision to let her go. SHe was starting to grunt to wee (after 2 unsuccessful tries each time) and I could not see any achievement in pumping up her meds just to say she lived another day, if that day was not a good one.

Thank you to all for your advice (especially Staffyluv and Dagmar) and for being there to help me through this horrible time.

Brigitte

after two days of having to increase her tramadol (pain meds) I made the decision to let her go. SHe was starting to grunt to wee (after 2 unsuccessful tries each time) and I could not see any achievement in pumping up her meds just to say she lived another day, if that day was not a good one.

Thank you to all for your advice (especially Staffyluv and Dagmar) and for being there to help me through this horrible time.

Brigitte

ahhh! Rest in peace sweet Maggie!

Hugs Brigitte.... this is never ever easy and oh so painful a decision to have to make... I will light a candle tonight to honour your maggie and mark her crossing to The Bridge

Blessings

Helen

I am so sorry! You did the bravest thing and showed her the biggest sign of love in letting her go.

I hardly can imagine the grief you must be in by now, what helped me best in those times is the Emergency Essence of the Australian Bush Flower Essences.

Other than that I can only say that I am with you in my thoughts!

Big hug!

Dagmar

Brigitte

Brigitte

I have just seen this - I am so sorry Brigitte... Maggie is now pain free and I am sure she will wait for you, until you come for her at the bridge...

Hugs for you and yours at such a hard time

Jodie

Letting go is the hardest thing. When you have to make that decision it is aweful.I know I had to make the same decision for my dear old Errol (pug) and Pockets (pug) and even though it is painful and hard, down the track it becomes easier when you know you made the right decision for them.