Neuter Shows

leopuppy04

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad this is happening. There will be uncollected ribbonrs/prizes etc for a while I'm sure. It will take time for this to become a normal part of shows and get a good participation. Probably a few years I'm guessing. It's been a long time coming. :laugh:

We have had neuter classes for years, and I must admit not many if any enter then. But over the weekend we had 3dogs entered in neuter, witch was great, as for the ribbon and prize, what is one more.We have a open and 2 champ shows in septerber that will have neuter clases as well as veteran.All are welcome to come, that is in CLONCURRY, near mt Isa.

Rylstone-Kandos Kennel club is offering Neuter classes for their July double the 24th -25th July :laugh:

I wasn't going to head to this show, but will do one day so I can enter Phoenix. I think it's great, now to work out how to fit two dogs and all my gear in the one car!

Our breed club offers it all the time, but sadly no one enters.

I have been pushing for our group club to hold this class but they always said no due to various reasons.

Hopefully they will offer it next year since this years schedule was approved just prior to this new rule coming out.

BB

Our specialty always has a neuter class, but it's really just a sweepstake (and in our show, it's usually judged by the aspiring judge, not the champ show judge). We usually get about 3-4 entries.

Edited by SpikesPuppy

Yes, I'm hoping to see some more Sydney/NSW shows holding Neuter Classes once the point system kicks in after 1 July.

At the moment I only have a neuter dog to show (+ his desexed mother). I tragically lost his litter sister at 16mths who had been doing very well at shows and, due to family commitments at present, am not in a position to have any more dogs for a while :champagne:

I want to thank Hills District Kennel & Training Club & Ku-Ring-Gai Kennel Club for being some of the only clubs in our area to be consistently holding class 18 (and giving lovely fringies and prizes!). Hopefully some more clubs will pick up the classes going forward.... I'd love to title our boy :mad

I would have loved to have headed up to the Rylstone-Kandos shows in July but we have a family birthday that weekend I can't get out of.

Edited by caslero

Why dont we all pick ONE club or show, and write and donate a sash for that show? You CAN get the sashes made without dates on them, so if they are not won, they can be re-used.

If we all donated just one sash to a club, then we could all get the ball rolling.

I think one reason for the lack of participation in neuter classes is that most neuters (aside from retired champions) would be on limited register and can't be shown in a championship show.

I have one neuter, he is a lovely boy, moves beautifully and might be fun to show but he's on limited register and even if I wanted to, I coudn't show him.

I think one reason for the lack of participation in neuter classes is that most neuters (aside from retired champions) would be on limited register and can't be shown in a championship show.

I have one neuter, he is a lovely boy, moves beautifully and might be fun to show but he's on limited register and even if I wanted to, I coudn't show him.

This is what I had. Phoenix was on limited register, I spoke to his breeder and she agreed he was good enough to be put on main, so I've sent the paperwork away and once it's processed I can start showing. Speak to your breeder :cry:

The Rylstone Kandos & District Dog Club shows on 24th & 25th July 2010 offer Neuter Classes (we did last year too). This year of course Neuter Certificates and Neuter BOB's are on offer.

We have purchased special ribbons for these awards and in addition the first 10 breeds entered will receive an engraved trophy tropy to commemorate the NBOB

So far we have only 6 different breeds from 4 groups.

We really do need more entries - it would be great to see big lines up for BNIG and a full house for BNIS.

So get ebusy with the Ozentries online and snail mail.

Great idea rysup. going to go through my list of shows soon for some being held later in the year/ early next year and sponsor a neuter fringie :(.

I think it will be a while before we see a real change... but if we start now, that could be by next year. The hardest thing is that for now, these schedules probably had to be in before the neuter shows were known to be available.

Gayle - breeders can move them across I think? Might be worth looking in to?

Yup - I even let one of my puppy buyers know taht I'm happy to change their details over. Am happy to do it for a few more too. I am sure Benson's breeder would be more than happy too as well :rofl:. simple phone call can fix it all :cry:

Out of confusion though - does it actually work as a normal show? So you get points for BCC/DCC and BOB, then points for NIG and points for NIS or is it just points at BOB level?

Ta :)

There hasn't been any real advertising of this new class that I have seen, apart from being mentioned once in the black and white section of the DOGS Vic magazine. IMO they need to do a few colour pages, maybe an article or two on the benefits of exhibiting neuters? Don't think anything has been sent out to club secs, either.

There hasn't been any real advertising of this new class that I have seen, apart from being mentioned once in the black and white section of the DOGS Vic magazine. IMO they need to do a few colour pages, maybe an article or two on the benefits of exhibiting neuters? Don't think anything has been sent out to club secs, either.

that's my thoughts too SP :laugh:.

How can we get an article submitted? Can a member simply write to dogsvic and get it published?! Maybe it's something to look into (haha - I'm happy to do something like that and take some ideas from people on here and collaborate it all)???

Can someone please send the details of the show that is offering the neuter classes, just had a look at Murray Valley international and could not find any Neuter classes, maybe I was looking in the wrong place or at the wrong schedule

Thanks SD

I PM'd you. :laugh:

Its class 18 and 18A.