Neuter Shows

leopuppy04

We had a ball at Walcha this weekend! The weather was interesting, but we had a lot of fun despite that and Sunday turned into a glorious sunny day!

Jedi managed Best Neuter in Show on the Friday AND the Sunday :D

Our last neuter show for the year is this weekend coming - the Erskine Park Christmas Show :thumbsup:

:) :) Well done.

Wil got 2nd in Veteran Sweepies on Sunday out of 6 I think.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope everything's okay Aziah! I noticed you weren't at GS...

I pulled her from the class in group because it was so late...we'd been up all Friday night and Saturday morning at the hospital with our friends daughter who needed 3 stitches at the hospital after sleep walking and somehow putting a huge gash on the underside of her chin :thumbsup: I was so tired I just couldn't be bothered so we headed for home Sunday morning after a bit of a sleep in!

I think the local dog culture in Vic is far more against the neuter class than the culture in NSW.

I'm betting "takes too much time" is an excuse that someone came up with probably because so many people have started donating sashes and trophies thus removing the other accepted excuse not to run the class - cost. Ultimately the real reason is that a number of people feel very strongly that neuters have no place in conformation showing. I made an offer to two clubs to donate neuter sashes and trophies. The NSW club accepted, the Vic club declined. I don't have a neuter myself btw, I'm just someone interested in ways we can improve numbers and get more people involved.

If any hound people want to donate neuter sashes for the ACT Hound Club 2011 October shows please PM me.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the local dog culture in Vic is far more against the neuter class than the culture in NSW.

I'm betting "takes too much time" is an excuse that someone came up with probably because so many people have started donating sashes and trophies thus removing the other accepted excuse not to run the class - cost. Ultimately the real reason is that a number of people feel very strongly that neuters have no place in conformation showing. I made an offer to two clubs to donate neuter sashes and trophies. The NSW club accepted, the Vic club declined. I don't have a neuter myself btw, I'm just someone interested in ways we can improve numbers and get more people involved.

If any hound people want to donate neuter sashes for the ACT Hound Club 2011 October shows please PM me.

SSM you are probably right. BBJ has got Neuter into the Toy Dog Champ Show and we are doing it the Cav Champ Shows so that's a small press forward.

We had neuter dog and neuter bitch classes at our club's championship show this year and only received two entries, both from committee members wanting to show support for the new classes. There was no interest at all from the general members

We had neuter dog and neuter bitch classes at our club's championship show this year and only received two entries, both from committee members wanting to show support for the new classes. There was no interest at all from the general members

We have had Neuter as a property class for a number of years and about 3 enter.

Still early days yet.

A great concept for those purchasing dogs now that they want to desex but still want to be involved in the hobby.

You also have to remember that most Clubs have showees as members not a huge amount of companion dog owners, so it's also about getting the word out to those people and that can come from the Breeders when they home their litters.

Points weren't on offer then though were they.

I have definitely noticed a difference between pre-points and currently in terms of neuter class. I used to show Jedi before it was a title and we'd rarely have competition for group and there would be maybe 2-3 dogs in the "in show" lineup. Now he is regularly having competition for Group and I have been to a few shows with a full line up for "in show". It has been less than 6 months and the numbers are growing - at least in NSW.

Edited by TerraNik

I have definitely noticed a difference between pre-points and currently in terms of neuter class. I used to show Jedi before it was a title and we'd rarely have competition for group and there would be maybe 2-3 dogs in the "in show" lineup. Now he is regularly having competition for Group and I have been to a few shows with a full line up for "in show". It has been less than 6 months and the numbers are growing - at least in NSW.

Yes, I've noticed the same in NSW... our first show post title implementation there were 16 entries for Neuter sweepstakes (we managed to get 1st too :rofl::rofl: ). I enjoy the sweeps classes, another opportunity to get out there with our Neuter dogs - Hills District have been holding them for several years (pre title) and I always make sure I support their shows :rofl:

I wish QLD shows would offer it, I dont have anything myself to enter but I do have a few friend that have neuters that are wanting to show.

I'm sorry its probably in the topic somewhere but just to make it easier,

Does anyone know of any NORTHERN nsw clubs offering neuter or any QLD clubs offerin neuter as I have a dog that I'd really like to try in neuter.. I was a little peeved when every other breed club offers neuter and the labrador club didnt I rang them and it was just due to numbers which is a dissappointment as I'd really like to have a go.

Thanks

Sam

Points weren't on offer then though were they.

Correct no points.

I'm sorry its probably in the topic somewhere but just to make it easier,

Does anyone know of any NORTHERN nsw clubs offering neuter or any QLD clubs offerin neuter as I have a dog that I'd really like to try in neuter.. I was a little peeved when every other breed club offers neuter and the labrador club didnt I rang them and it was just due to numbers which is a dissappointment as I'd really like to have a go.

Thanks

Sam

The new NSW catalogue has a few in it and I would say they are Northern as I do not recognise the name.

:cry: you could come for a show weekend here leopuppy I noticed a number of shows offering neutered class in the most recent Dogs SA journal.

YEP SA have Neuter classes at 95% of its Clubs now, its a pitty the others don't.

I have looked at doing some shows interstate, but won't because they don't have neuter classes. :D

Why should I have to leave my neutered girl at home, when I can take her with me to show! :)

I was at a show last night, where my little one won BEST NEUTER IN SHOW, and there were 20 neuters entered in the show! :D

A) its a good way of getting newbies into showing :)

B) some dogs are neutered for health reasons, but LOVE to show, so why should they be disadvantaged!!!

C) it give the club up to 20+ more entires per show that they may not have had! yeah, I hear them saying, it costs more! what 8 ribbons!!!! ok, but the entry fees would cover that plus more!

looks like a win - win situation to me! ;)

More clubs in more states should get behind it!