Neuter Shows

leopuppy04

I have a question that I think might be a no brainer, but I just was not sure and couldn't find it anywhere in the rules... before commencing exhibiting a neuter in a neuter class, does that dog's registeration already have to be transfered over to being a Neutrer Registered dog?

Nevermind, I found it. I really must learn to read things more thoroughly. :rofl:

Edited by dyzney

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

This is something i'd be interested in being apart off ...

I'm in Tassie but i'm very clueless sorry about showing dogs .... But i am super KEEN! ! ! ! to learn and get involved.

Cheers

*Lisa*

I've had no reply either about how to register the dog as a neuter either :party:

I have had two dogs entered in Neuter classes here in NSW - both times I took their registration certificate (main) and a vet certificate of desexing to the DogsNSW office and the certificates were returned to me stamped on the back.

Hope this helps. Last time I did this was late 2008, so the system may have changed now.

The information I received from the DogsNT office last week was they would process any animal as speyed/neutered on the National dBase with the production of a desexing certificate. There would be no charge unless the owner wanted a reprint of the Certificate.

The Belconnen All Breeds Kennel Club will be the first club in the ACT to be offering neuter challenges!!

We hold 3 shows over 2 days, this year the dates are Sat 20th & Sun 21st November.

The schedule will be in the September DogsNSW journal (I believe) but is already available online on the ACTCAs website at http://www.actca.asn.au/Calendar1.htm

Hope to see you there :eek:

Just spoke to VCA dog must be transfered to Mains Neuter Register.

Must have conformation letter from vet.

Cost $14.50 to change from Mains to Mains Neutered. New certificate issued.

Upgrade from Limited to Mains $28.10

Did anyone else know about this?

I don't mind doing it, just thankful someone mentioned something before people started entering their desexed dogs in shows!

People wishing to be involved with getting Neuter Class Rolling.

Bilbo Baggins (VIC)

Bilbo Baggins Junior(VIC)

Aziah (NSW)

Capanash (VIC

GoldenWei (NSW)

Jilldog (NSW)

LoTTy (TAS)

leopuppy04 (VIC)

Tollersowned (VIC)

I don't mind doing it, just thankful someone mentioned something before people started entering their desexed dogs in shows!

Bilbo Baggins (VIC)

Aziah (NSW)

Capanash (VIC

GoldenWei (NSW)

Jilldog (NSW)

LoTTy (TAS)

leopuppy04 (VIC)

Tollersowned (VIC)

When I changed mine from entire to Neuter, I was given the option of either paying for a new certificate, or just having the back of the old one stamped, and from memory this didn't cost anything except the express "pay over the counter" thing as I am not very patient!! This was late 2008. (NSW)

Personally, I agree that Neuter classes and Championships are a great idea for involving beautiful non-breeding dogs and their owners in the show scene but I 've also noticed a reluctance amongst show organisers to offer these classes. Why? It is my suspicion that pure snobbery is the reason. It's seems to me that organisers find it too much of an effort to offer "non-traditional" neuter classes. Owners of beautiful neuters are going to have to push hard before the neuter classes are a regular, normal offering.

This may well be one reason, but I was talking to someone who is very involved in running shows, and she said a big part of the reason why more Clubs don't offer these classes is the expense of buying another 8 trophies (7 Groups + In Show) and another 8 ribbons - she suggested that I look at getting some sort of sponsorship which might make the idea more attractive to show organisers.

Having said that, I know of one specialty club where a member offered to donate all prizes, sashes and indeed all expenses associated with running Classes 18 and 18a instead of a Neuter Sweepstakes and was knocked back!! Even though the Club concerned had run 18 and 18a previously and combined them into S/S due to lack of entries.

Bilbo Baggins (VIC)

Aziah (NSW)

Capanash (VIC

GoldenWei (NSW)

Jilldog (NSW)

LoTTy (TAS)

leopuppy04 (VIC)

Tollersowned (VIC)

When I changed mine from entire to Neuter, I was given the option of either paying for a new certificate, or just having the back of the old one stamped, and from memory this didn't cost anything except the express "pay over the counter" thing as I am not very patient!! This was late 2008. (NSW)

VCA stated you get a new certificate anyway.

Bilbo Baggins (VIC)

Aziah (NSW)

Capanash (VIC

GoldenWei (NSW)

Jilldog (NSW)

LoTTy (TAS)

leopuppy04 (VIC)

Tollersowned (VIC)

VCA stated you get a new certificate anyway.

Certainly possible DogsNSW have changed their system by now maybe in preparation for the new title which by the way is of NOW as it's 1st July!!!!! I can find out if anyone is interested?